women with MUSCLES...

Options
I need advice.. I want to lose weight and gain muscle.. I need to lose about 30 pounds or so.. but I do want to gain muscle. I am aware that if I gain muscle the scale will go up and that is fine as long as I am getting results I want.

I just dont know what foods I should be eating to get this way.. I know I need to lift heavy and do some cardio.. but what about the foods??

I want to look like this...

carrieunderwood010.jpg

carrie-underwood-legs-641b3.jpg
I love her body figure..

I do not want to look like this.
jamie-eason-01.jpg

that is just to much for me..

HELP PLEASE!

Replies

• cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lean protein aids in muscle tone. Strength training 2-3 days a week mixed with cardio 3 days a week. Get the refinded sugars out of your diet as well.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    The first pic look like an average weight loss diet with some cardio or light weight aerobic exercising.

The second pic she eats a high protein diet with cardio and medium to heavy weight exercising.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    All women have muscles. You probably already have as much muscle as your first picture....she doesn't look particularly strong, just lean. If you want to get lean, lose body fat. You lose body fat by eating at a caloric deficit and perhaps exercising--you said you're going to lift heavy and do some cardio. So do that, and eat the right amount of calories to support your bodily processes and your activity levels.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    So I'm confused...you state you want to gain muscle yet you want to look like a picture of someone who has no muscle, and don't want to look like the picture of someone that has muscle???
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I like the second picture so I got nothing for ya...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    So I'm confused...you state you want to gain muscle yet you want to look like a picture of someone who has no muscle, and don't want to look like the picture of someone that has muscle???

welcome to MFP threads...

confucious maximus...
  • hhall1992
    hhall1992 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The second picture is Jamie Eason and she actually has a diet and exercise plan called Live Fit. Check her free information out at:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options

my thoughts exactly...
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You have to do one at a time for best results.

When you lower calories to lose weight you lose fat, water and muscle. You can try to retain muscle mass by eating at a smaller deficit, lifting heavy and getting enough protein.

If you want to gain muscle you need lots of protein, HEAVY lifting and you need to eat a surplus of calories.

You can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same.

Start with a small deficit, lift weights and eat enough protein. lose some fat and than switch to build muscle.

Personally, I prefer the second picture (minus the ribs showing). The first picture doesn't really have much muscle showing minus the legs.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think you need to see a picture of the second woman when she is not oiled up and flexing. She is quite lovely and not
    crazy muscle looking. But to build muscle you must lift heavy weight and eat lean meat. Cut the sugar and carbs. 45 min of cardio 3 times a week lifting 3 times a week. Get a log to track your progress in weights and make a plan. It will keep you on track.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    in the first pic it doesn't look like she does much exercise.. I'd stick to cardio if you want to achieve that
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    jamie-eason-01.jpg

Really? I'd love to look like that. You do realize that Jamie Eason is flexing and posed to clearly show off her muscles, while Carrie Underwood is just...standing there. Their legs look pretty similar to me, so I'm guessing it's Jamie's upper body definition you want to avoid?

If you don't want to look defined, then don't let your body fat % get too low.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    this is the girl you said you do NOT want to look like. Um... ARE YOU SURE???

Jamie-Eason.jpg
  • mikel_antilles
    mikel_antilles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You know how to do it. Eat clean. Grilled chicken, spinach, Grilled fish. Foods that are high in protein and low in bad fats.

If you are serious about body building/sculpting diets, look on Bodybuilding.com. I've used their website for a lot of nutritional support when looking to come up with healthy meal plans. They also have a ton of various workout routines that can help you.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

welcome to MFP threads...

confucious maximus...

Exactly...
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a copy of (and then follow) The New Rules of Lifting For Women. It will answer all of your questions, and focuses on fat burning/ muscle definition w/o getting "bulky". Excellent program that should help you see pretty fast results.
  • fishlover888
    Options
    The first pic look like an average weight loss diet with some cardio or light weight aerobic exercising.

The second pic she eats a high protein diet with cardio and medium to heavy weight exercising.

I disagree, I think both women probably lift weights and both definitely have muscle definition beyond weight loss. The first medium weights, the second extremely heavy.

The other thing for you to think about is, you don't jump from where you are to picture number two. Picture number two takes lots of dedication for a long time! So don't worry about ending up there. Just start lifting weights and when you are happy with your body, keep doing it but stop increasing your weights so much.

I recommend increasing your % protein, getting some big weights going, and keep eating at a small to medium ish cal defecit. This will encourage your body to lose weight without becoming flabby.
  • 19Sakura76
    19Sakura76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    jamie-eason-01.jpg

Really? I'd love to look like that. You do realize that Jamie Eason is flexing and posed to clearly show off her muscles, while Carrie Underwood is just...standing there. Their legs look pretty similar to me, so I'm guessing it's Jamie's upper body definition you want to avoid?

If you don't want to look defined, then don't let your body fat % get too low.
    I would love to look like that too.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    am i the only one that thinks Eason must've been laughing when they asked her to hold those puny weights??? WTF?!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Give it your best shot to look like
    jamie-eason-01.jpg

and at best you'll prolly wind up like this

carrie-underwood-legs-641b3.jpg