No hate but I think Jamie is overrated.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    I do not want to look like this.
    jamie-eason-01.jpg

that is just to much for me..

Ummmmm..... O.o

You titled your thread wrong. If you don't want to have muscles, that's your choice, but the title you chose contradicts the content. In other words, you makey no sensey.

If you don't want to look as hot and muscular as Jamie, just eat normally and don't work out too hard. TRUST ME, you will NEVER look like her on accident!

I don't want to look like that either. I'd rather stick with this -victoria-secret-models-5.jpg

Totally your choice what you want to shoot for. But I assume you wouldn't ask muscular women how to look like this...those women aren't muscular...and that body type is not an achievable goal for the vast majority of women. But if you want that, and have the necessary genetics, go for it. All the way.

And yes, they are photoshopped, but so is Jamie, and pretty much every other commercial image of any woman. No wonder we have body issues..
  • haileysugarfits
    haileysugarfits Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Oh no.. You better be careful people around here are mean when you talk about her.. LOL..
  • haileysugarfits
    haileysugarfits Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I don't want to look like that either. I'd rather stick with this -victoria-secret-models-5.jpg

better start practicing your Photoshop skills then. Because even *they* do not look like that.

Very True... I dont want to be stick thin.. Just a girl with muscles.. just not BIG muscles... ;)
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    - calorie deficit with enough protein + strength will just mean you keep the muscle you already have as you lose, as others have said

- don't be freaked out if things LOOK bigger for a bit initially, with strength - that's your muscles temporarily filling up with water bc of the new strain; work out for a few months, lose the weight, see where you are

- if you get things shaped up how you like them, just don't increase the weight/reps/sets for upper body. (but, do continue to work them, or you'll lose shape there, and anyway, it's a good idea to have balanced muscular development for functional purposes - meaning, vertical and horizontal push/pull. If the LiveFit program is what Jamie actually does, there are lots of bicep curls in there. I don't think curls are that important for functional purposes.)
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    am i the only one that thinks Eason must've been laughing when they asked her to hold those puny weights??? WTF?!

Yeah, I'm REALLY not sure why they make women pose with those tiny things.

It's pictures like THAT where i can understand women being concerned with lifting heavy. Looking at it and saying.. she got that ripped from lifting those little things, i will turn into a BEAST with big weights
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

You know what? I agree. I think she is hot, but she is not the end all. Then again I don't have an "end all".
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Second pic is SO hot.. I dunno why women are so afraid of muscle. Nothing wrong with being thick with muscle either..

Anyway it's simple, get more protein, lift heavy, do some cardio, eat at a slight deficit.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    this is the girl you said you do NOT want to look like. Um... ARE YOU SURE???

Jamie-Eason.jpg

She looks like this in the "off season?" I've never seen a "soft" picture of her before, just the ones where she's clearly flexing.

Holy catz.
    Amazing.

I like her body.. JUST NOT HER ARMS.. I guess I should of been more clear.

Oh. Then don't do lots of arm work. Simples.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    this is the girl you said you do NOT want to look like. Um... ARE YOU SURE???

Jamie-Eason.jpg

Smokin' hot.

Yeah, really...
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    am i the only one that thinks Eason must've been laughing when they asked her to hold those puny weights??? WTF?!

It's pictures like THAT where i can understand women being concerned with lifting heavy. Looking at it and saying.. she got that ripped from lifting those little things, i will turn into a BEAST with big weights

This.

These kinda crappy "fitness" pictures of women holding puny weights promotes the myths about female lifters.

How many pics of male lifters do you see holding these puny weights??

None.

I'm sorry but it is so retarded to have a woman of her strength pose with those tiny weights. They could give her a bar with four 10lb bumper plates on either side and I am certain she wouldn't over tire from posing with it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I guess I should of been more clear from the get go... Im not saying I dont want to look like the 2nd pic.. I think she looks amazing.. and that is way better than what I look like now.. or I wouldnt be here.. I just dont want to have arms bigger than my husband.. LOL.

I can appreciate that you have a certain preference to how you want to look. Each and every one of us has a target body type that we are shooting for. Nothing wrong with that.

My advice is always that same. Worry only about what body type you wish to achieve. Waste no time fretting about what you DON"T want to look like. Life is short, training is hard, and the road is long. You will NEVER look like what you don't wish to achieve because the woman you don't wish to look like works day and night for that body. Her training schedule, her eating schedule, her supplements, even her sleeping schedule is all focused on having the body she wants.

Way too many people think they are going to start some random training dvd or program and wake up one day with this 'EWW SO BULKY' body that they never wanted. Ain't gonna happen. Never has, never will.

Spend all your time and efforts working toward your goals, not working away from someone else's goal.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    also: Your definition of "having muscles" needs some adjustment. That is all.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Second pic is SO hot.. I dunno why women are so afraid of muscle. Nothing wrong with being thick with muscle either..

Anyway it's simple, get more protein, lift heavy, do some cardio, eat at a slight deficit.

Not afraid of muscle, I can do quite a lot with what I've got, don't want to be thick though.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Oh no.. You better be careful people around here are mean when you talk about her.. LOL..

never seen her before today. I don't know her from Adam.... just another good lookin' chick that has put a lot of work into it, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I can appreciate that you have a certain preference to how you want to look. Each and every one of us has a target body type that we are shooting for. Nothing wrong with that.

My advice is always that same. Worry only about what body type you wish to achieve. Waste no time fretting about what you DON"T want to look like. Life is short, training is hard, and the road is long. You will NEVER look like what you don't wish to achieve because woman you don't wish to look like works day and night for that body. Her training schedule, her eating schedule, her supplements, even her sleeping schedule is all focused on having the body she wants.

Way too many people think they are going to start some random training dvd or program and wake up one day with this 'EWW SO BULKY' body that they never wanted. Ain't gonna happen. Never has, never will.

Spend all your time and efforts working toward your goals, not working away from someone else's goal.

Very well said.

Being afraid of getting big muscles is like wanting to start jogging, but being afraid you might run a marathon by accident.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    also: Your definition of "having muscles" needs some adjustment. That is all.

Well, you might not think I have muscle, but I can do what these guys are doing. Ohh,,Ghetto! http://youtu.be/E3N-v5Y-2fs

I prefer function over aesthetics.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

better start practicing your Photoshop skills then. Because even *they* do not look like that.

I can just imagine how photoshoped those VS girls are!

tumblr_mgy8i33akg1s405ijo1_250.gif
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

This.

These kinda crappy "fitness" pictures of women holding puny weights promotes the myths about female lifters.

How many pics of male lifters do you see holding these puny weights??

None.

I'm sorry but it is so retarded to have a woman of her strength pose with those tiny weights. They could give her a bar with four 10lb bumper plates on either side and I am certain she wouldn't over tire from posing with it.

I can see where you are coming from but whomever put this shoot together considered reaching out to women like the OP who are so afraid of weights and have a distorted view about lifting. Just a thought
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

I can just imagine how photoshoped those VS girls are!

tumblr_mgy8i33akg1s405ijo1_250.gif

It's 100% true.. I take images and photoshop them (on request) for a living..