women with MUSCLES...

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Lose weight through calorie deficit and lift heavy to maintain muscle. I'd recommend Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength or New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. Eat about 100grams of protein a day. You don't really need to "build" muscles to look like the first picture. Just maintain what you have while removing the fat above it.

Jamie Eason (2nd picture) is a fitness model. She's gone through several bulk/cut cycles, lifts heavy and probably has her nutrition dialed in perfectly for whatever goals she has at each moment. You can't "accidentally" look like her.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    To achieve the first pic, just do a ton of cardio, course you'll look better than that at a good weight. For the sec pic add weights, and do little cardio, heh.
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    am i the only one that thinks Eason must've been laughing when they asked her to hold those puny weights??? WTF?!

^^LOL
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    am i the only one that thinks Eason must've been laughing when they asked her to hold those puny weights??? WTF?!

Yeah, I'm REALLY not sure why they make women pose with those tiny things.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You know how to do it. Eat clean. Grilled chicken, spinach, Grilled fish. Foods that are high in protein and low in bad fats.

If you are serious about body building/sculpting diets, look on Bodybuilding.com. I've used their website for a lot of nutritional support when looking to come up with healthy meal plans. They also have a ton of various workout routines that can help you.

Great advice! bodybuiling.com is a great resource. That's where I got started and didn't get an MFP account till years after I reached me goal!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason (2nd picture) is a fitness model. She's gone through several bulk/cut cycles, lifts heavy and probably has her nutrition dialed in perfectly for whatever goals she has at each moment. You can't "accidentally" look like her.

This times 1000.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i know right..what are those like 2 pounders...????????????????

she is freaking smoking though...
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Lose weight through calorie deficit and lift heavy to maintain muscle. I'd recommend Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength or New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. Eat about 100grams of protein a day. You don't really need to "build" muscles to look like the first picture. Just maintain what you have while removing the fat above it.

Agreed.

And even Jamie Eason doesn't look like that all the time. That pic is specifically engineered to show off the muscle definition. I don't think you would realize she was that cut if you saw her in real life, wearing normal clothes.

Also, it's nice to have goals and all, but I don't really see the "I want to look like her" type of goals as being helpful in the long run. It's all right to say "Oh hey, look at her, she looks healthy, I want to find out what kind of diet/exercise program she followed." But to have someone else's body or body type as a goal is probably going to become very discouraging at some point.

I admire people (like Jamie Eason) and admire their accomplishments, but I'm really just trying to get my body to look the best it can, and be the strongest it can. (Some might have the goal to run unholy numbers of miles, some might want to swim across the English Channel, whatever.) My goal is whatever my best body is.
  • bgelliott
    Options

Actually you probably are! My husband is a professional fitness photographer and the models rarely if ever hold heavy weights for photo shoots. Posing is a lot of work in itself and if they have to hold heavy weights for hours while posing for a shoot, they exhaust the muscles too quick.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Actually you probably are! My husband is a professional fitness photographer and the models rarely if ever hold heavy weights for photo shoots. Posing is a lot of work in itself and if they have to hold heavy weights for hours while posing for a shoot, they exhaust the muscles too quick.

my issue isn't that she was not holding big weights...but that they even bothered to have her hold those tiny things at all.

It's retarded. I'm sorry. It just is.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Ok, when you look like picture A, get out of calorie deficit.
    The routine will be the same. Discipline, exercise, good diet. Up to you how far you want to take it.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture of Eason looking all regular-person-like. (Also pregnant, 'cause she's currently...pregnant.)

1811_10152648586745574_1135079478_n.jpg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

They should make foam weights for props. 2lbs weights look silly.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    this is the girl you said you do NOT want to look like. Um... ARE YOU SURE???

Jamie-Eason.jpg

OH MMM GEE...people are cray cray---Jenna looks HAWT!!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

I agree with this! :smile:

In the first pic, she has some muscle definition, but it's not a lot. As mentioned above, you could probably just focus on maintaining muscle and building strength. As your body fat gradually decreases (via a calorie deficit) you may end up looking close to that.

Jamie Eason trains and eats specifically to look like that, it doesn't automatically happen when you're training for another reasons (muscle maintenance + strength to give 2 examples)

I will also add that while you may not like to look like Jamie in that particular pic, she looks very different when not oiled/pumped/very lean. A slightly higher bf% and in a more natural setting, will give her a softer, less muscular look.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The second picture is Jamie Eason and she actually has a diet and exercise plan called Live Fit. Check her free information out at:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html

I was just going to post this link! The program and diet advice is awesome!
  • bgelliott
    Options

my issue isn't that she was not holding big weights...but that they even bothered to have her hold those tiny things at all.

It's retarded. I'm sorry. It just is.

It's a very common practice for photo shoots. It all depends on what the client wants for the photo. It's more about what it represents and the art than the actual size of the dumbbell :-)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Those women look the same. One is pumped and oiled up and the other isnt.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    this is the girl you said you do NOT want to look like. Um... ARE YOU SURE???

Jamie-Eason.jpg

She looks like this in the "off season?" I've never seen a "soft" picture of her before, just the ones where she's clearly flexing.

Holy catz.
    Amazing.
  • haileysugarfits
    haileysugarfits Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So I'm confused...you state you want to gain muscle yet you want to look like a picture of someone who has no muscle, and don't want to look like the picture of someone that has muscle???

Maybe the pictures are a bit confusing.. I love the first pics leg muscles.. I even like the second pic's leg muscles.. However I do not want my arms like the second pic.. I like lean tone arms but not like 2nd pic.

Does that make more sense?