Spaghetti squash= shredded yuck

Options
1235»

Replies

• altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've just eaten some for lunch. Tossed it with some pasta sauce, added chunks of boneless pork loin chop, and topped with some grated parmesan. It's not pasta and it's not going to be like eating pasta, but it's so good in itself, and easy to combine with your favourite pasta sauces.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Anyone know if we have spaghetti squash in the UK?
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bake it with butter or coconut oil. Sprinkle on some nutmeg, too. It won't have that mushy texture of boiled, and butter just makes everything taste better.
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump. Great recipies links for later! :)
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I like it...so probably cant really help. Just don't expect it to be pasta...it isn't. Its a tasty thing of its own. We like it with a light Alfredo sauce and grilled chicken.

This sounds good! and I think if you don't like squash just stop eating it.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I tried. I couldn't get past the texture. My husband covered it in marinara and hot sauce and ate it while I cooked pasta. Can anyone give me a recipe that makes this a palatable food?

I love it, but I cook it longer so that it's softer. Here's my recipe: http://mypathtopaleo.blogspot.com/2012/11/spaghetti.html
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    1 whole spaghetti squash, slice lengthwise.. Place squash in trash container and eat food you like.

^^^NO.

Spaghetti squash is delish, so perhaps try another way to cook it. I roast it on my cooking stone with a bit of olive oil until it is soft. Crunchy spaghetti squash is indeed gross.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I'm sorry you don't like it!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spaghetti-Squash-I/Detail.aspx

This is the recipe I use. It is so tasty with all the veggies and the feta in it!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Bake it. Scoop it out. Season it like taco meat and add some onions, bell peppers, black beans, corn. Roll up in tortillas. Top with your favorite enchilada sauce, maybe add some cheese :love:. Bake.

It's delicious! Even my non vegetarian family likes these.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if we have spaghetti squash in the UK?

I've not seen it around Glasgow at all.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I eat quinoa pasta. It is nearly exactly like real spaghetti and tastes good. I can't tell the difference. Quinoa is healthy.

What makes quinoa pasta more heatlhy than regular pasta?

because quinoa is a high-protein seed and not wheat.
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Bake it. Scoop it out. Season it like taco meat and add some onions, bell peppers, black beans, corn. Roll up in tortillas. Top with your favorite enchilada sauce, maybe add some cheese :love:. Bake.

It's delicious! Even my non vegetarian family likes these.

This sounds so yummy.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I want spaghetti squash RIGHT now. These all sound so good!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I tried. I couldn't get past the texture. My husband covered it in marinara and hot sauce and ate it while I cooked pasta. Can anyone give me a recipe that makes this a palatable food?

Cannot make spaghetti squash any less slimy or more palatable but I have another thing to substitute for pasta: Trader Joe's skinny frozen string beans. They are wonderful with a nice meat sauce on them. I call this green spaghetti.