30 Day Shred - starting on Friday March 15

Options

Replies

• Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Level 2 starts for me today after work....eep! I was getting so used to level one I can almost kick my own keister now.
  • linzi_mac
    linzi_mac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    today was day 2 for me. I am doing level 1, and following the modified version

should I start doing the full level 1, before moving onto level 2, or just move to level 2 and do the modified version of that?
  • mbar2010
    mbar2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 7 completed, I feel great and even my husband commented today on how much I look like I've lost weight. My back is starting to hurt a wee but , think it's from the anterior raises with side lunge, I must be straining through my back - think I'll down the weights for it tomorrow and see if that helps.
    I took measurements at the start, but no photos - when is everyone doing more measurements? Think I'll try and stick it out until 30 days but just know I'll give in before :)
  • almoon03
    almoon03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just did lvl 3 kicked my butt.
  • msagrero08
    msagrero08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, new here and I actually have this dvd, bougth it about 3 months ago but tried one week and then stop. Ready to get at it since I'm so unhappy with my weight! Feel free to add me so I can keep up wiht you guys!
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Day five DONE! I used 3 lb weights today....MUCH harder than soup cans :) But still doable :) I can actually make it through the situps....Except for the ones where you lift your butt...Can't get the hang of those.
  • scubacam
    scubacam Posts: 6
    Options
    Im alittle slow what is JM 30DS? is it like p90 or insanity?
  • clareiow
    clareiow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've just finished day 7, no weight change at all and my pictures look the same :(

The measuring tape, however, says I've lost an inch off waist and bust and half an inch off hips for a total of 2.5.

Optimistic but also worried its not going to work for me like it seems to be for all of you guys :(
  • lanakills
    lanakills Posts: 12
    Options
    I completed level 1. I see some physical changes (abs are slowly coming back, muscles in the armes and thighs are getting stronger). It motivates to continue!
  • msagrero08
    msagrero08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 yesterday night! Is not as hard as I expected, exept for those planks, how on earth do you do them. On several ocassion I did the modify version :ohwell: but really feeling the workout this morning. Will do day 2 tonight!
  • mbar2010
    mbar2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 done! Had a really rubbish day and have had no appetite at all but forced myself to do the day - proud of myself that I forced myself to do it. x
  • MissE4410
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 done! I am losing motivation :( But I WILL stick with it :) I think I may do level one for 15 days and then move on (if I am ready)

I need to find another short cardio video though.....Like a 20 minutes video that is not Zumba, and that you don't need any extra equipment for. Any ideas girls?
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    L1D7 done! I just forgot to post until now, whoops!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    This morning will mark day 6 for me, but I'm doing it every other day as opposed to every day consecutively. I've tried that before but the workout never seemed to get any easier and I eventually gave up at day 23 or so. So this time I'm alternating it with C25K, which I'm actually in the 5th week of. I seriously hate The Shred and dread doing it, but I'm forcing myself because I know it'll give me results that running and other cardio alone wont.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i took one day off....been doing the shred foover a month now. In ripped in 30 Jillian recommends taking one day off a week..So i will do that with the shred as well..I usually do a differnt dvd or walk or stationary bike etc..Anyway i did level 2 today..

So far i have lost 5 inches off waist 2.5 inches off hips..1.5 inch off each arm and 2 inches off each thigh:bigsmile:
    keep it up girls dont stop.If I can do it so can you
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

should I start doing the full level 1, before moving onto level 2, or just move to level 2 and do the modified version of that?

You can do modified 2 or keep on level 1 ..or switch back and forth..Sometimes I do modified and then some full in the same workout
  • shell4short76
    shell4short76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start the 30 Day Shred tomorrow. This will be my 2nd time doing it. Last time I did it was months ago.
    I'm really looking forward to it this time. Only this time, I'll be watching what I eat.
  • WindyJenny
    WindyJenny Posts: 69 Member
    Options

You can do modified 2 or keep on level 1 ..or switch back and forth..Sometimes I do modified and then some full in the same workout

I'm doing modified all the way - right now I'm on Level 2. My plan is to get all the way through once, then go back and do it again with fewer modifications and slightly heavier weights, and possibly a third time. BTW, I am also taking Sundays off to recover.

I am losing weight faster since I added 30DS to my regular cardio (about half a pound a week faster), and I have already lost 4.25 inches in total just from Level 1. **Results may vary, LOL!**
  • MissE4410
    Options

I'm doing modified all the way - right now I'm on Level 2. My plan is to get all the way through once, then go back and do it again with fewer modifications and slightly heavier weights, and possibly a third time. BTW, I am also taking Sundays off to recover.

I am losing weight faster since I added 30DS to my regular cardio (about half a pound a week faster), and I have already lost 4.25 inches in total just from Level 1. **Results may vary, LOL!**

That's what I plan to do too :) I am hoping I don't finish it and then think that is enough...I want to keep going :)
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm late with joining this thread, but I've just completed day 8 of the shred :) My only missed day was yesterday, but I did a lot of walking.
    I'm actually beginning to enjoy exercise...isn't that strange? ;)