• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*

Is this seat next you taken? *points to chair and shakes box of sour patch kids*

Reported for sabotage!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    But because it does not adhere to MFP's way of loosing weight, it was blocked within a few minutes.

While I support MFP and its wonderful weight loss tool, I do not believe it is right to not allow me to share my positive results using something other than MFP.

Well, it is their site so I suppose they can lock what they want. I saw one locked yesterday because some mod said it promoted an unhealthy diet. It was about a diet that had no calorie limits, but did limit the number of non-veg calories. You could eat all the fruit and veggies you wanted on that one.
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    and OP deactivated...

I was expecting that. I actually checked a page or two ago and she was still here then

I am not really sure why the OP was even on MFP. Most of us have read the rules and know what this site is actually for - it is supposed to be a positive guide to a healthier way of living thru a change in eating habits and increased physical activity. There are forums and groups for like-minded peeps to "meet" and "hang out" and share useful information. The peddling of dangerous and destructive fads is not constructive. It's a free site, but there are rules.

She was all pissed off because a topic was locked? The topic of coversation violated the social responsibility of the MFP site and was locked. Break the rules, topic gets locked. I'm not really sure where all of her indignation came from.
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just wanna make two points:

1. It wasn't too long ago that having gastric bypass was taboo way to achieve weight loss (and viewed as not medically necessary).
    2. And if my research is correct, the post-surgery diet is very low calorie and liquid (essentially starvation).

I'm not a doctor, but if my doctor suggests I proceed in a specific manner to lose weight, I would take her suggestion. Her suggestion to me was diet and exercise, which I'm doing. If it was surgery, I would do it. If it was a pill, I would do it. She's the medical professional, which is why I trust her.

The OP put her faith in her doctor, and she can't be faulted for that. Posting something against the rules, that's another story.
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss... To me any weight loss is amazing... HOWEVER people on MFP are trying to ensure that they want to keep it off by maintenance. I know people that have done the HCG diet with amazing results, but do to time and lack of motivation it came back 10 fold in some cases. So you have to understand MFP is in it for the long run, not a quick fix. I do wish you nothing but the best tho. I honestly thought about doing it, but the people that did it looked miserable, Id just rather fix my problem of over eating and not working out by portion control and working out! lol
  • CJpgh
    CJpgh Posts: 52
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. Make sure u eat healthy or the lbs are coming back on. As for the fda, f them. They totally screwed up the fish debacle cnn reported a few weeks ago.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Tried to check out the OP's profile but POOF!! Deactivated!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Tried to check out the OP's profile but POOF!! Deactivated!
    I wonder if she deactivated it or if MFP abolished her for continually breaking the rules. Either way, good riddens!
This discussion has been closed.