Why you shouldn't shop at thrift stores if you do already

Options

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

My name is only three letters as well. Close enough?

Sounds good enough to me.

Unless you're poor. Then I'm out.

I'm poor as ****. But you can't really tell from my basement.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Having grown up "poor" I know what "poor" is...and I am NOT it LOL
    but, I have a confession...I not ONLY love a great thrift store deal...but I shop at the Dollar Tree too! *gasp* Should I be seeking some sort of frugal support group? Since its apparently not getting me in with the "cool kids"... :frown:

I can't live like this. How do I block you from my mfp's. HOW DO I DO IT
  • sixout
    Options

My name is only three letters as well. Close enough?

Sounds good enough to me.

Unless you're poor. Then I'm out.

I'm poor as ****. But you can't really tell from my basement.

Hm. Good enough for me. I hear poor girls are crazy in bed.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    but, I have a confession...I not ONLY love a great thrift store deal...but I shop at the Dollar Tree too! *gasp* Should I be seeking some sort of frugal support group? Since its apparently not getting me in with the "cool kids"... :frown:

Simple...hit the back button! Then you wont SEE me anymore. :happy:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I shop in thrift stores all the time. I've lost two pants sizes in the past few months and don't want to pay full price for "temporary" clothes. I LOVE finding a pair of jeans for $1.99! I do feel good wearing them. I always feel good saving money and still getting something "new" (new to me)!

Yes this...and paying 50 bucks for something that cost 2 to make annoys me.
  • sixout
    Options

Didn't work. You lied to me.
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    New plan: go to expensive stores when I have gas and try on every pair of pants and fart in them. None of your clothes are safe. You're welcome.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Didn't work. You lied to me.

oops. sorry. I do that sometimes...I probably need a support group for that as well...
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    New plan: go to expensive stores when I have gas and try on every pair of pants and fart in them. None of your clothes are safe. You're welcome.

I like the way you think. I'm with you on this. So not only have your jeans had a poor person in them, but now they're full of poor farts. Which are basically the same as rich farts, but some people think there's a difference.
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Smells like reverse hipster in here. (only read the 1st 3 pages cause y'all talk a lot)
    Or!
    Hipsters trying to look like non-hipsters by engaging in multi-layered ironic conversation and failing horribly because hipsters. I'm not sure~
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't shop at thrifty stores because I have a fear that someone had died in the clothes.

OK This^^ is the thing that is creepy to me! I shop at the mall and sometimes at Value Village. I can find some awesome name brand stuff there and WASH IT VERY WELL and have something that not every other peson in town has lol. The point is also if your losing weight, it gets expensive buying new jeans/ tops etc for every new weight u get to. As long as its washed and isnt nasty looking its good:) However I dont like the feeling I get after going through all the clothes (the dirty on your hands feeling)
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I like the way you think. I'm with you on this. So not only have your jeans had a poor person in them, but now they're full of poor farts. Which are basically the same as rich farts, but some people think there's a difference.

LOL Amen! Yah who knows, when they were tried on in a new store people could have farted in them or scratched themselves...blechh
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options

WRONG! Poor people eat taco bell...rich have actual Mexicans...Taco bell farts are worse.

And besides you're clearly missing the point, it's not that someone POOR farted in the jeans (though their fiscal plight certainly doesn't make anything better) its that someone ELSE farted in MY jeans...
  • randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    if its cute, and it fits. MINE. I dont care if someone died in it : )
    Only item, besides your undergarments, i will never wear 2nd hand. A wedding dress, bad luck
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

WRONG! Poor people eat taco bell...rich have actual Mexicans...

As a mexican that has mexicans, I can confirm this.

HEY!! I want a mexican! I feel discriminated against cause I'm a poor, single mom, in school blah blah..

REPORTED for discrimination.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Classist much?
    Dontcha hate it when people are all sneering and judgy over things that aren't really very important?
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    HEY!! I want a mexican! I feel discriminated against cause I'm a poor, single mom, in school blah blah..

They sell them in the parking lot at Home Depot...*ducks*
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Just break up.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    78e.jpg
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

discrimination would imply that you've been left out of something based on some sort of qualification (such as race religion or wealth etc) you have clearly not been left out of the conversation (unfortunately) as is evidenced by the fact that you have, indeed, posted. Your argument is invalid.

bwahahahahahha...your logic means nothing to me!!!!
This discussion has been closed.