why do girls only have 14 good days a month?

Options
So I am just venting...7 days before my time of the month I am bloated,hungry, moody and weigh more... Then 7 days during my time of the month I am crampy, bloated, moody and again weigh more...
We only have a good 14 days a month...Ughhhh...

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    my time of the month currently lasts 14-17 days. I think I get about 6 good days a month. :mad:
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is so true! I'm good for about two weeks out of the month.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    true story----boo
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    haha I was just telling this to someone...men have it easy...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you got it bad? we're the ones that have to deal with you!!
  • leishamaree
    leishamaree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I got to 176lb a week before it, and its taken me 3 weeks to get back there!
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go hug my Yaz. There are still bad days, but there are fewer bad days.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I. Love. Birth. Control. 3 day periods, no PMS? Please and thank you!
  • seeingpurple
    Options
    Its because life sucks - Just kidding!

Mind over matter!

Give into hunger pangs with healthier options, yoghurt, popcorn, black bean brownies. There are so many "skinny" recipes out there.

Even though bloating isn't fun, the bright side is its the best time to get into some comfy sweats!
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHAHA true...:laugh:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    my time of the month currently lasts 14-17 days. I think I get about 6 good days a month. :mad:

Holy crap! Eff that!!!

I can't agree more with this topic though. Totally a true story!
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ah, but there is the wonderful thing called menopause (or in my case hysterectomy). I feel wonderful all month long and love it. :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    pfft.....you get the best and accept the rest.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

LOL so true, I feel so bad for my poor fella.
  • nickywire
    nickywire Posts: 14
    Options
    Why is it that it seems I absolutely cannot diet when I have my period? It's awful but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to hold it together...
  • MsJourno
    MsJourno Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I so hear you. But you know what really helps? Yoga and reduced salt intake. While the former takes care of the cramps, the latter reduces bloating. Take it from someone who has been there, done that.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Wow, I feel really lucky...I honestly have 30-31 "good" days a month. I guess I'm really blessed. Sorry ladies :'(
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Some women's bodies respond to the monthly hormonal fluctuations more than others... But, here's a cool study:

"During the perimenstruum, a higher energy intake of carbohydrate was associated with higher ratings of negative affect (p < .01) and impaired performance/decreased activity (p < .05). Lower energy intake of protein was associated with higher ratings of well being (p < .05). Overeating and dieting behavior were related to greater water retention (p < .01), autonomic reactions (p < .05), and appetite (p < .05). The amount of aerobic exercise in contrast to the intensity was related to lower water retention (p < .01), autonomic reactions (p < .05), and appetite (p < .01). Carbohydrate consumption, eating behavior, and regular exercise are reliably associated with menstrual distress and deserving of experimental evaluation as treatment interventions for menstrual distress."

http://www.psychosomaticmedicine.org/content/57/4/324.short

Not trying to start a carb war, but carbs are a known cause of water retention... which is a source of a lot of PMS discomfort.

I should also add that when I exercise very consistently throughout the month, I sometimes don't even notice the PMS.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I guess I luck out. Most of the time I'm good. I have 1- 3 bad days a month (usually the first day, and 2 days before.)
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Whose choice is THAT?