why do girls only have 14 good days a month?

Options

Replies

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Dear God;

Thank you for my Mirena.

Sincerely,

Me.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Not me. Love my BC. I only get 4 periods a year and they are 4 days long. No cramps, no bloating and no weight gain. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones

I feel for you ladies that get it that be tho

I'm on an extended cycle pill too and I adore it. It's one of the best things I ever did. I do still get a couple days of cramps, bloating, and generally feeling lousy right before my period, but it's 2 days as opposed to six or seven when I'm not on BC.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Not me. Love my BC. I only get 4 periods a year and they are 4 days long. No cramps, no bloating and no weight gain. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones

I feel for you ladies that get it that be tho

*high five* for minimal period symptoms!

BC made me crazy sensitive and furious all the time, I gained weight steadily the entire time I was on it and was completely depressed. Guess it just depends on the person. I'm much happier without it.
  • samairon
    samairon Posts: 46
    Options
    Dear God;

Thank you for my Mirena.

Sincerely,

Me.

What she said! I rarely have a period.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I don't even have that many. I'm still making sure it's gone and...YAY it's back again. I also have cramps most days. I'd love to go back to the days when I had 14 "good" days.

Oh the joys of endometriosis.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why hell would you make delicious brownies out of sh*tty black beans?

My only bad days are when I have to RIP panties/jeans because of the Red Sea down the back crack.

To answer the 1st one.... because they are good for you.

The second thing is.... well really? Sorry but did I arrive back in high school? TMI to begin with & then well... what a nasty way to put it.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    Ya, it's super lame D: BAH!
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My period lasts 2 weeks. My cycles are 30 days. PMS for almost a week before. I get a week. I think you're lucky.
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    ah, but there is the wonderful thing called menopause (or in my case hysterectomy). I feel wonderful all month long and love it. :)

^^^^ yeah babeeee:)
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    7 day periods? Man I have it made. I have very light PMS symptoms for 2-3 days, and then my periods last 4 days (2 heavy, 2 light). I can't imagine a 7 day period. You poor things. :(
  • freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Options

My only bad days are when I have to RIP panties/jeans because of the Red Sea down the back crack.

wow, that was utterly disgusting, you have 0 good days a month talking like that, please excuse me while i go throw up
  • Fighterwithin83
    Options
    you got it bad? we're the ones that have to deal with you!!

HA HA :laugh:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty lucky that I get like 28 good days a month.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I. Love. Birth. Control. 3 day periods, no PMS? Please and thank you!

Wow. I'm lucky then. I don't use birth control and I've always had short, light, easy periods naturally. The only thing I notice is I get a little hungrier a few days before and thirstier during. You can ask my husband. I don't even get b!tchy. (I know I would though if I felt like crap, so I don't blame the ladies who do!)
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I know this will make some people crazy. I'm not on the pill, uterus is intact, and I take no drugs. I quit dairy (which is full of hormones that they give to cows to produce milk) and my pms symptoms are gone. No kidding. It may not work for everyone. I'm not pushing this on anyone. Just a note though, it is free to try and if you don't like it or it doesn't work you can always go back. Also I have nothing to gain if you try it. So what do you have to lose other then pms symptoms?
  • yourenotmine
    Options

Are you drunk?!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't affect me much. Maybe a few days of feeling slightly bloated with a pound or 2 more, and virtually no cramps, and that's it.
  • yourenotmine
    Options
    I know this will make some people crazy. I'm not on the pill, uterus is intact, and I take no drugs. I quit dairy (which is full of hormones that they give to cows to produce milk) and my pms symptoms are gone. No kidding. It may not work for everyone. I'm not pushing this on anyone. Just a note though, it is free to try and if you don't like it or it doesn't work you can always go back. Also I have nothing to gain if you try it. So what do you have to lose other then pms symptoms?

I wish that worked. Did nothing for me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What sucks is that I have an Implanon, have had it changed 3 times, went 7 years with minimal TOM and in the last 12 months it's started and got worse and worse.

Can take the pill because I get migraine with aura. sucks.