do you put your hair up when you go to the gym?

Options
Just curious if anyone leaves there hair down while at the gym? lol.

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Never. Ponytail, braid or bun for me.
  • XoXoLJFitness
    Options
    There is no way I could. Even if I have my hair in a low pony it seems to trap heat and make me that much more sweaty. I sometimes choose to leave me hair down for a yoga class but even then it can get in the way.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    o gawd yes :laugh:
    I only started doing it recently and wondered why the hell I didn't do it before:noway: It was comfortable and boy was it great not to have sweaty unattractive bangs in my face. No matter how I moved them, they still looked stupid :grumble:

Now I pull it all up & pin it down, when I wear it curly, I leave bangs because the more I sweat & steam, the prettier they are. :laugh:

wait....I mean I put it up not wear it down :blushing:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    When I exercise I leave my hair down sometimes, depends on how cold/hot I am and how much I'm sweating. If I'm doing walking or weights, I leave it down, it doesn't get in my way doing those activities. If I'm doing some sort of circuit training/fast paced cardio where it will def be flying around, I'll ponytail it.
  • rschwimer
    Options
    Too funny!! I'm a Spin instructor and I'm always soaked with sweat after class. I could never have my hair down. One of the other instructors teaches with her hair down and glasses on. I don't think it's possible to work really hard and keep your hair down :)
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options
    Too funny!! I'm a Spin instructor and I'm always soaked with sweat after class. I could never have my hair down. One of the other instructors teaches with her hair down and glasses on. I don't think it's possible to work really hard and keep your hair down :)

lol agreed :)
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    I always wear it up. I saw a girl with her hair down at the gym the other day and it really did seem like a hindrance. Pretty sure she didn't want to let it get sweaty... during a workout. :noway:
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Up. Or in a hat
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    up always up. I love a messy bun. I feel like it looks sexy and it doesn't get in my way.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Up in a pony tail or if Im doing a class then in a messy bun cause Ive actually flicked myself in the eye with my hair in a ponytail....PAIN PAIN PAIN lol Oh dear not pleasant! I sweat alot too Dont want that icky feeling when hair sticks to your face.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I always wear it in a pony tail...once I left it down without thinking and it was everywhere..
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh...it would drive me crazy flopping around! No way!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If I went to a gym, I'd wear a ponytail. It's only gotten long enough to tie back this year.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I always put it in pigtails, its just the most comfortable for me.. plus its way cuter than a pony tail...

edit: I cannot STAND working out with my hair down,its like wearing a sweaty hot blanket on my neck! pigtails also give a nice breeze to the back of your head
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to see if I left it down.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    No way. There's so much sweat and bacteria at gyms esp. because not everyone wipes down equipment. I shower when I get home but, since I walk and it takes 20 min, I don't want gross stuff lingering in there.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I have to sleep with it up, too. Drives me crazy to have it on my neck when I'm trying to sleep.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Nope
    It's okay to let your hair down once in a while.
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    any exercise I do except walking, I pretty much have to have it secured in some way. It is long enough to sit on so it would definitely be in my way with a work out. I can't imagine leaving it down.