do you put your hair up when you go to the gym?

Options

Replies

• bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Goes up for most stuff. But not for zumba.
  • Gusman14
    Gusman14 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hair down. Glasses on!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Not unless I want my hair stuck to my neck & face. Never. IMO, anyone who doesn't isn't there to work out. :)
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have short hair and still have to clip the front out of my face or it drives me crazy. I keep it short to make it easier to care for after workouts, honestly.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    my hair is always up at the gym.. i never understand the women who work out with their hair down! well yes actually i do - they are never doing anything that requires them to break a sweat! (at least at my gym)
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I hateeee the feeling of sweaty, sticky hair on the back of my neck! It's a distraction for me, so yeah, my hair is always in a pony tail or a bun :)
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I leave my hair down but I don't have much of a choice because it's a bob cut. Once it grows out though, I will be putting it up again.
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ponytail for me too ! Hair is useless during the gym :)
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to see if I left it down.

This is totally what I pictured! :laugh:

tumblr_mby3suIb4H1qfz18jo1_250.jpg

Up in a half pulled through pony bun, personally. :smile:
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    I always have my hair up when I'm working out - I can't stand the feeling of it heavy on my neck when I'm getting sweaty - yuck! I'm in a high ponytail or messy bun every time - it looks dreadful but I don't care, I'm there to work out and get messy not to go to a fashion show (unlike one girl at my gym who reached down off of the bike, took a brush out of her bag and proceeded to brush her hair.... the whole gym watched in astonishment :-))
  • sabineliebling
    Options
    I used to always put my hair up before a workout, but then I got a mohawk. Now I'm kind of either/or. It still goes down to my butt, however, without hair on the sides, it doesn't seem to flow over my shoulder or get in my way like it used to.

You have a butt length mohawk?? Bad *kitten*. Pics or it didn't happen :P
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have really long, thick, wavy hair so would be a nightmare so it's piled on top of my head in a messy bun or pigtails if my hair is wet. :-)
  • _mrsgigi_
    _mrsgigi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Only when i forget my hair tie =( lol.. :sad:
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I left my hair down once. Once. *lol* I don't have long hair so I have to do pig tails or ponytail with bobbypins.
  • cole_ashleyy
    cole_ashleyy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    oh god i would die!! there so much of it! always a pony tail :)
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    All up, every last bit of it, I have really thick hair and I can't even stand it being in a pony-tail as find it still sticks to my neck. I have it in the most unattractive bun thing, and also kirby-grip back all my fringe as I find even a whisp of hair in my face while I exercise drives me insane!!

If I'm feeling like I want to make an effort then I might put it up in a pleated ponytail but that's few and far between!

I really cannot understand when I see girls with really long, thick hair running on treadmills etc in the gym, that must be horrendous! I even get freaked out with seeing people with floppy fringes exercising!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It's in the way whether it's up or down. I've been leaving it down, but we've had warm weather lately, so it may be time to put it up.
  • queenbee47340
    Options
    Yes, I always wear my hair up. my neck is soo much cooler. I also noticed that if I pull my bangs back. I might look like a dork...but I do not seem to sweat as much. just a heads up on that.
  • michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My hair is in a ponytail 24/7. I get hot otherwise & hate it. No way on earth I'd have it down at the gym

Same!
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Up. I am there to have a serious workout....