do you put your hair up when you go to the gym?

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    My hair is in a ponytail 24/7. I get hot otherwise & hate it. No way on earth I'd have it down at the gym
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    always up...it makes me uncomfortable just watching the girls on the Insanity dvds with their hair down...How can they STAND it?! haha
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Always up in a high ponytail, with my fringe pulled back with a hairband.

I'm amazed by girls who can go for kickboxing class with their long hair let down, dangly earrings, bracelets, rings and even a full face of makeup O.O
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I always put my hair up in a ponytail when I go to the gym but I actually like my hair down when I go for a swim.

I have tried working out on the treadmill with my hair down, but it's hard. Constantly having to tuck my hair behind my ears. Really not worth it if you ask me.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My excuse for not working out was ' my long thick hair'. So in August I cut it all off.. Now it's a cute 'fro... By the time I lose the weight I want my hair will be long again.. Headband and Afro is my hairstyle!!
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh you betcha! In fact, I grew my bangs out, in part, because I was sick of sweaty bangs sticking to my face, lol!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Nope
    LOL @ you :smile:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Always wear a pony tail while working out. Not only that, but when I get my haircut, I make sure the stylist cuts it in such a way that in spite of any layers, it can go fully up in a pony tail.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    High straight pony tail or messy bun x
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If I straighten it.. then ponytail or bun. if it isnt a high pony it still gets in way when i squat and stuff.

if its in its natural state (curly) i leave it down
  • beadalicious
    beadalicious Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Forgot to pack a pony tail holder the other week, it was awful. I kept trying to tie it in a knot or around my bluetooth headband, but it would never stay more than 5 min. I now have an arsenal of them in my gym bag, I'll never forget again!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I've always done a ponytail. Otherwise it gets in my way
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm a bit over gyms atm but I still try and go for a 30 minute walk most days (burning about, oh, 10 calories) and I would never leave my hair down. Sweat ruins a blowdry pretty much instantly and I'm not coordinated enough to repair the damage myself. I'd basically be a mess of frizz every day if I didn't have my hair elastics.
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    Yep, in a ponytail all the time. Because of my current job, it has always been up and in a bun. I have no idea what to do with it when I wear it down.

At the gym, in a ponytail and if I can catch my middle child in a good mood, sometimes she braids the ponytail for me.
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I try to but it's shoulder length and won't all go back. It is driving me nuts so I'm going to get it all cut off ;-) Well, most of it, anyway.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    Always wear a pony tail while working out. Not only that, but when I get my haircut, I make sure the stylist cuts it in such a way that in spite of any layers, it can go fully up in a pony tail.

I just went to a new stylist and made sure to emphasize that the hair has to go in a ponytail without pieces coming out. I hate using clips on the side. Definitely goes up when I am in the gym. I've done some walks outside with it down, usually on cooler days when there's a nice breeze. I work in a delivery room, so I'm used to the hair up on a regular basis. If I didn't hate my forehead, I'd use a headband for the bangs too.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I used to always put my hair up before a workout, but then I got a mohawk. Now I'm kind of either/or. It still goes down to my butt, however, without hair on the sides, it doesn't seem to flow over my shoulder or get in my way like it used to.
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I always put my hair up, but Sunday I was running late for Zumba and forgot my ponytail holder-boy was that a mistake!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I leave it down. It makes it easier when people ask to touch it or smell it.
  • Skernan1644
    Options
    Always up in a pony tail. No way I could leave it down.