do you put your hair up when you go to the gym?

Options

Replies

• sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a hat - that way my sweaty bangs dont hang in my face - its not pretty but it works.
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    High pony tail. Skinny head band. Bobby pin at back of neck for strays.

Once my elastic holder broke in the middle of a heavy-duty treadmill workout and I freaked out :laugh:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Always wear a pony tail while working out. Not only that, but when I get my haircut, I make sure the stylist cuts it in such a way that in spite of any layers, it can go fully up in a pony tail.

LOL! Me, too. They can cut it as short as they want as long as it will all still pull into a pony tail. I know I wouldn't be able to stand working out with my hair sticking to my face.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I worked out one time with my hair down and it was the most annoying feeling in the world! I always wear a pony tail.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Forgot to pack a pony tail holder the other week, it was awful. I kept trying to tie it in a knot or around my bluetooth headband, but it would never stay more than 5 min. I now have an arsenal of them in my gym bag, I'll never forget again!

I have about 5 in each of my purse, car, gym bag, secondary gym bag, desk...
  • she_fit
    she_fit Posts: 36
    Options
    If I'm going to the gym, I'm going to work out and get sweaty.

I don't go to the gym looking good.

I go to the gym to look good *later*.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Ugh, no to leaving it down. I can't stand my hair touching my back if I'm sweating.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    if i plan to get really sweaty, yes. If i plan to just do a cardio warm up and then lift weights, maybe not- but i usually do.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    always up...it makes me uncomfortable just watching the girls on the Insanity dvds with their hair down...How can they STAND it?! haha

haha! That's exactly what I was thinking. There's one girl especially that has really long, big curly hair. I couldn't imagine working out with all that hair flying around.

Right now my hair is a chin-length bob, but before that, it was always in a pony when I did anything.
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ponytail baseball hat sort of gal. ;)
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    My best friend and I talk about this all the time! We don't understand the hair down look at the gym. Our biggest pet peeves are the ladies in teeny tiny outfits, with a fresh face full of makeup and ever so slowly using an elliptical and watching for people watching them, like "Do the guys see me. I'm here, not sweating with perfect hair and makeup!!" Girl, you're there to work and not just use up a machine! At least I am! I think guys and girls look even better then they are showing their hard work and not afraid to look like a hot mess!

disclaimer- I know people show up to the gym from work and have makeup on. When I can't get home and wash it off before the gym, I sweat it off there.
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    If I'm going to the gym, I'm going to work out and get sweaty.

I don't go to the gym looking good.

I go to the gym to look good *later*.

I love it!
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I always put my hair up in a ponytail when I go to the gym but I actually like my hair down when I go for a swim.

I have tried working out on the treadmill with my hair down, but it's hard. Constantly having to tuck my hair behind my ears. Really not worth it if you ask me.

I'm the opposite on swimming. I like it down at first but the first mouthful of hair I get coming up for air, the elastic band comes off my wrist and hair goes up in a pony!!

I always wear a pony and bangs pulled back with a barrette. Can't stand the little wisps of hair sticking to my face!!
  • claytonmac
    Options
    haha i agree. i go to the gym to work, not look like pretty like the little highschool girsl there. lol. some days if i have a headache i'll still put it up but just not as tight, which makes me have to redo every 5 minutes. lol. i want cut my hair shorter but dont think i will because it'll be hard to put up....

oh no! i just realized that i am now making major hair decisions based on the gym. this is most certainly a first for me because normally i'll go in for a trim & cut a few inches off without even thinking. lol.
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    haha i agree. i go to the gym to work, not look like pretty like the little highschool girsl there. lol. some days if i have a headache i'll still put it up but just not as tight, which makes me have to redo every 5 minutes. lol. i want cut my hair shorter but dont think i will because it'll be hard to put up....

oh no! i just realized that i am now making major hair decisions based on the gym. this is most certainly a first for me because normally i'll go in for a trim & cut a few inches off without even thinking. lol.

lol, I thought the same thing and was like, "Good for her! The gym is so important to her that she is basing her hairstyle around it!" :laugh:
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of these, but is there really anyone who would leave their hair DOWN?
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    Simple ponytail!
  • SoOoSoOo89
    SoOoSoOo89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Up in a ponytail
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I always put my hair up in a ponytail when I go to the gym but I actually like my hair down when I go for a swim.

I have tried working out on the treadmill with my hair down, but it's hard. Constantly having to tuck my hair behind my ears. Really not worth it if you ask me.

I'm the opposite on swimming. I like it down at first but the first mouthful of hair I get coming up for air, the elastic band comes off my wrist and hair goes up in a pony!!

I always wear a pony and bangs pulled back with a barrette. Can't stand the little wisps of hair sticking to my face!!

Haha I remember going for a swim one time, had my hair in a low ponytail. Wasn't very tight at all but soon as I dunked my head underwater, my elastic band came off and my hair was covering my face. Don't really want to have a very tight bun or ponytail otherwise I'd get a headache. Don't need a headache when I'm working out!
  • sunflower_m
    Options
    I tie mine up in a tight bun and slap it down with hair spray - can't bear any kind of hair on my face when I'm exercsiing! Doesn't look great but I'm there to sweat, not look hot!