Health food not so healthy???

Options

Replies

• smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Commercial granola... I was a kid in the 70's. Nothing but added sugar & fat!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Animal products.
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    and i cant use MFP from my cell cause ill get cancer...

have to stay locked in my room mediating i guess
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Oh and protein bars. Many have as much sugar as a candy bar.

so much this.

That banana you ate? Has as much sugar as a Snickers

Snickers have legumes in them.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Other people. I figured nutritionally, they must be exactly what we need. But they're all too fatty now.
  • OldMe123
    OldMe123 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm just going to eat what I want going forward. Why even bother? Life is too short and eating anything I want makes me happy.:love: I love food.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

Fruit, Vegetables, whole grains, not whole grains, dairy, soy, anything with chemicals in it, anything without chemicals in it, water, sugar, alcohol, legumes, nuts, eggs, egg whites, egg substitutes, herbs, spices, sugar again,...

f'in paranoid MFP universe...

if you all are happy and seeing success eating whatever foods you want, then great! but if other people choose to live a different lifestyle than you, why does that give you the right to criticize and troll their threads? the guy was asking a simple question, and half of you jumped in here to flame against people who are more meticulous about their diets. I don't do lactose, and I have currently cut out grains as well. Does that make me orthorexic or paranoid? Absolutely not. I love food and I love my life. But I also am fascinated by the human body, and in my research I've learned some amazing things about how the body can heal itself and work at its optimal level if you feed it the nutrients it really wants - so that's what I strive to do.

You don't have to agree. That's your choice. But why do you all feel the need to flame people who view things differently than you?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. There's something about how it doesn't really have a lot of protein compared to some other lower-fat foods.

I don't like peanut butter really, either, so it doesn't much matter to me.

NO.

You take that back.

Peanut butter does NOT belong in this thread.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I'm just going to eat what I want going forward. Why even bother? Life is too short and eating anything I want makes me happy.:love: I love food.
    nvm
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I learned from a number of MFP users that it is essential to avoid "chemicals" in foods.

This has been very hard for me, I keep looking and it seems like EVERYTHING is made of chemicals!

I'm doing my best, no food, no liquids, I avoid contact from people, plants, and animals.

It's probably trying not to breathe that I have found to be the hardest part.

^^^^ this

and i closely monitor my life and if i am even on the verge of enjoying anything or having , dare i even say it, fun .. I stop IMMEDIATELY
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    "low fat" anything... really, what's the point? enjoy regular ice cream, it'll get rid of the craving you're having anyway. :p

No food is "off limits" for me. I give my body what it craves and make sure I get a good, balanced, nutritional diet.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Good article about almond milk.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/coconut-and-almond-milk-in-cartons-not-a-healthy-buy/
    Almond Milk:(
    Grains/legumes/dairy

Why is almond milk "bad"?

j75j75 is that almond milk in the bong your hitting?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I stay away from all carbs, fats and proteins..................:wink:
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Krill and plankton. Have you ever seen a skinny whale?
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Grains/legumes/dairy

Most have Carrageenan
    OHHHHHHH
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Commercial granola... I was a kid in the 70's. Nothing but added sugar & fat!

Oh, if we're going back that far then I'll go with trans fats laden margarine.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    There is a study somewhere showing that reading this thread is giving you cancer.

That's more believable then a banana being unhealthy....
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Grains/legumes/dairy

Most have Carrageenan
    OHHHHHHH

and the fortified calcium isn't very bioavailable.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are cut from larger "imperfect" carrots. They are not 'bred". They are rinsed in a chlorine solution, then rinsed again with clean water. Do you not wash your veggies before eating them?

Not in bleach, I don't!

Really? So you use tap water? Which contains chlorine? Which is bleach?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    And this why I stay completely away from food!!!!!!.....and now i am afraid of water!!! :tongue:

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Eat, exercise, die anyways!!!