Health food not so healthy???

Options

Replies

• aejmw
    aejmw Posts: 5
    Options
    Baby carrots are made from bigger imperfect carrots. Something tells me that the shavings from the baby carrots are the shredded carrots, but I could be wrong...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I knew this would get good. I still don't have any healthy unhealthy foods.

Placemarker.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I gave up food months ago. I only eat cotton balls now. Organic ones.

thatsracist.gif
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

Fruit, Vegetables, whole grains, not whole grains, dairy, soy, anything with chemicals in it, anything without chemicals in it, water, sugar, alcohol, legumes, nuts, eggs, egg whites, egg substitutes, herbs, spices, sugar again,...

f'in paranoid MFP universe...

if you all are happy and seeing success eating whatever foods you want, then great! but if other people choose to live a different lifestyle than you, why does that give you the right to criticize and troll their threads? the guy was asking a simple question, and half of you jumped in here to flame against people who are more meticulous about their diets. I don't do lactose, and I have currently cut out grains as well. Does that make me orthorexic or paranoid? Absolutely not. I love food and I love my life. But I also am fascinated by the human body, and in my research I've learned some amazing things about how the body can heal itself and work at its optimal level if you feed it the nutrients it really wants - so that's what I strive to do.

You don't have to agree. That's your choice. But why do you all feel the need to flame people who view things differently than you?

Stating one avoids foods with chemicals isn't a different view, it is wrong. Everything is made up of chemicals, so avoiding foods with chemicals is impossible. Perhaps, if folks don't want to get flamed, they should be more careful what they post.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't do lactose, and I have currently cut out grains as well. Does that make me orthorexic or paranoid?

Cutting them doesn't. But the reason you cut them might.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I don't do lactose, and I have currently cut out grains as well. Does that make me orthorexic or paranoid?

because my voice works better when i dont ingest dairy and i experience less inflammation and have more energy when i don't eat grains?

orthorexic?
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

Fruit, Vegetables, whole grains, not whole grains, dairy, soy, anything with chemicals in it, anything without chemicals in it, water, sugar, alcohol, legumes, nuts, eggs, egg whites, egg substitutes, herbs, spices, sugar again,...

if you all are happy and seeing success eating whatever foods you want, then great! but if other people choose to live a different lifestyle than you, why does that give you the right to criticize and troll their threads? the guy was asking a simple question, and half of you jumped in here to flame against people who are more meticulous about their diets. I don't do lactose, and I have currently cut out grains as well. Does that make me orthorexic or paranoid? Absolutely not. I love food and I love my life. But I also am fascinated by the human body, and in my research I've learned some amazing things about how the body can heal itself and work at its optimal level if you feed it the nutrients it really wants - so that's what I strive to do.

You don't have to agree. That's your choice. But why do you all feel the need to flame people who view things differently than you?

Stating one avoids foods with chemicals isn't a different view, it is wrong. Everything is made up of chemicals, so avoiding foods with chemicals is impossible. Perhaps, if folks don't want to get flamed, they should be more careful what they post.

when they say chemicals, they mean man-made synthetically produced chemical additives.

if you didn't already realize that... well... :noway:
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh and protein bars. Many have as much sugar as a candy bar.

This for sure!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

when they say chemicals, they mean man-made synthetically produced chemical additives.

CoachReddy. Voice of the unwashed masses.

:yawn:
  • bcattoes
    Options

because my voice works better when i dont ingest dairy and i experience less inflammation and have more energy when i don't eat grains?

orthorexic?

It doesn't sounds like it. Unless you believe they are bad for everyone based on your symptoms.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Taco bell
    really!
  • CoachReddy
    Options

orthorexic?

It doesn't sounds like it. Unless you believe they are bad for everyone based on your symptoms.

I mean... Mark Sisson and the paleo community make some very, very valid points. and as I believe in holistic medicine, that community generally tends to feel the same way about dairy and wheat in particular.

However, don't confuse my feelings with orthorexia, which is an "irrational fear of food or food groups"

I'm not afraid of food, I simply think there are some foods that we would be better off if we cut back on. Simple as that.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

and proud of it. :drinker:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Snopes can be a wealth of helpful information.

http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/carrots.asp

Baby carrots are cut from larger "imperfect" carrots. They are not 'bred". They are rinsed in a chlorine solution, then rinsed again with clean water. Do you not wash your veggies before eating them?

Ya beat me to it, thanks.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I gave up food months ago. I only eat cotton balls now. Organic ones.

thatsracist.gif
    I am still laughing...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

and proud of it. :drinker:

I've lost faith in mankind....
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are cut from larger "imperfect" carrots. They are not 'bred". They are rinsed in a chlorine solution, then rinsed again with clean water. Do you not wash your veggies before eating them?

Not in bleach, I don't!

i hope you don't eat out, because restaurants are required to sanitize (bleach) dishes, and they don't get rinsed afterwards.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

See... I say, be careful what you post, and you imply I am not too smart... Alllllrighty then. I'll just let that one stand on its own.
  • bcattoes
    Options

orthorexic?

I mean... Mark Sisson and the paleo community make some very, very valid points. and as I believe in holistic medicine, that community generally tends to feel the same way about dairy and wheat in particular.

However, don't confuse my feelings with orthorexia, which is an "irrational fear of food or food groups"

I'm not afraid of food, I simply think there are some foods that we would be better off if we cut back on. Simple as that.

We? Okay, I'm rethinking my answer. I'm no mental health professional, but I'm pretty sure the "paleo" ideology would qualify as orthorexic.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

What puzzles me is you are calling everyone a troll yet it is you that is pushing this thread in a truly negative direction. If you took out your posts, this thread is pretty laid back with a few humorous comments. I think maybe you need a break and to focus on yourself and the 100+ clients you have.
    :flowerforyou:

And as another poster said (Taso I believe), double check snopes on food myths and do some extra research :)

Edited to correct some autocorrect mistakes