Drama & Naysayers

Options

Replies

• skinnybunny_x
    Options
    Is there someway to disable my post? I'm seriously sick of all this bickering.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Is there someway to disable my post? I'm seriously sick of all this bickering.

You can report it and ask the mods to delete it for you.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    I will do that, because people obviously can't grow up, agree to disagree, and move along! Go figure.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    To me, saying "Oh they're just jealous" is something you tell a toddler who is being picked on. Not a grown *kitten* person. Lets be real here.

Personally, if people are condescending toward me for doing something to better myself I either flip them the bird or, if my car is nearby, punch them in the face

Case in point, look how nasty the women in this thread are getting. Many women tend to just have nasty, hateful attitudes. By the way, the definition of jealous is, "envy" of something someone has that you don't. It makes you feel "less". I still say she was jealous. If this poster doesn't know for sure and we don't know for sure you can "assume she was jealous" or you can "assume she was not jealous" either way, no one here is wrong, because we don't know and we will never know. Every woman on the planet has felt envy of another woman. I do not believe all of the 'holier than thou' on here who CLAIM it isn't common. A psychologist might have a better insight, but I doubt they would be wasting their time on a site like this.

Also a toddler is not going to understand the concept of "jealous". I hope people don't say this to a toddler.
    I haven't seen any nastiness in this thread, and specifically not in the post you quoted.

Of course we've all felt envy. I have a close friend I see a lot who snapped back perfectly after her pregnancy, eats crap, barely exercises and is drop-dead gorgeous -- face and body. Do I envy her? Absolutely. But I've never thought or said a mean thing about or to her. She's a wonderful person. I wish I could live her lifestyle and have the same results. I don't dislike her for it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think women are nasty or any of that. I like women and think they are lovely.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    To me, saying "Oh they're just jealous" is something you tell a toddler who is being picked on. Not a grown *kitten* person. Lets be real here.

Personally, if people are condescending toward me for doing something to better myself I either flip them the bird or, if my car is nearby, punch them in the face

Case in point, look how nasty the women in this thread are getting. Many women tend to just have nasty, hateful attitudes. By the way, the definition of jealous is, "envy" of something someone has that you don't. It makes you feel "less". I still say she was jealous. If this poster doesn't know for sure and we don't know for sure you can "assume she was jealous" or you can "assume she was not jealous" either way, no one here is wrong, because we don't know and we will never know. Every woman on the planet has felt envy of another woman. I do not believe all of the 'holier than thou' on here who CLAIM it isn't common. A psychologist might have a better insight, but I doubt they would be wasting their time on a site like this.

Also a toddler is not going to understand the concept of "jealous". I hope people don't say this to a toddler.
    I haven't seen any nastiness in this thread, and specifically not in the post you quoted.

Of course we've all felt envy. I have a close friend I see a lot who snapped back perfectly after her pregnancy, eats crap, barely exercises and is drop-dead gorgeous -- face and body. Do I envy her? Absolutely. But I've never thought or said a mean thing about or to her. She's a wonderful person. I wish I could live her lifestyle and have the same results. I don't dislike her for it.

Thank you for sharing your isolated incident. There are millions of circumstances. I see nastiness, but that is my view.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Add it to the topics never to discuss ...especially with friends and family

1. Politics
    2. Religion
    3. Fitness
  • rml_16
    Options
    What? I didn't read any responses, because I just didn't ....

But, really? This sounds like some sort of ploy for reactions to me.

I've never (in a few decades) heard of anything like this. I call Shenanigans. Seriously.

You would be a better person for not reading the responses, trust me. I wish I could delete the last ten minutes of my life, because I read them.

Summing it up it is just a bunch of jealous women attacking each other on a forum.

I don't understand what it is you think they are jealous of. I just see people giving their opinions.
    Like I said, you attract what you put out into the world.

I don't think one person in this thread is jealous of the person who claimed that. Which makes me very much doubt that her perceptions of women in the real world are accurate.

I commented because I find it highly offensive every time I see someone spout off about how awful women are. There's that meme going around saying, "Don't try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate each other." Every time I see it, I want to fly into an angry rage. It's misogyny, plain and simple.

I love women. I have male friends, but I have far more female friends and I love them.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    listen to music when you workout, people are less likely to say anything to you if you're wearing headphones, and if they do you wont hear them. :glasses: problem solved.. oh as for the the lady bumping you off the path, i would have confronted her.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    What? I didn't read any responses, because I just didn't ....

But, really? This sounds like some sort of ploy for reactions to me.

I've never (in a few decades) heard of anything like this. I call Shenanigans. Seriously.

You would be a better person for not reading the responses, trust me. I wish I could delete the last ten minutes of my life, because I read them.

Summing it up it is just a bunch of jealous women attacking each other on a forum.

I don't understand what it is you think they are jealous of. I just see people giving their opinions.

I don't think one person in this thread is jealous of the person who claimed that. Which makes me very much doubt that her perceptions of women in the real world are accurate.

I commented because I find it highly offensive every time I see someone spout off about how awful women are. There's that meme going around saying, "Don't try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate each other." Every time I see it, I want to fly into an angry rage. It's misogyny, plain and simple.

I love women. I have male friends, but I have far more female friends and I love them.

:drinker:
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

the hotter your body starts to look, the meaner the women will be. It's a shame how much looks play a role in how you are treated, but it does. Women are usually very nasty to each other.

Nope, can't say I've ever had that experience. But I imagine that like seeks like; water seeks its own level. The last time I experienced women being "very nasty" to each other was in middle school. I suggest you seek out better human beings.
  • rml_16
    Options

Thank you for sharing your isolated incident. There are millions of circumstances. I see nastiness, but that is my view.
    It was an example to illustrate a point.

And as I said earlier, your behavior in this thread explains why you "see" this everywhere. You make it up.

I assure you that I am not jealous of you. All I know of you is what you've posted in this thread and you are a negative, sad woman. I don't care what your body looks like. I care what your soul looks like. Yours is pretty messed up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    *Le* *Sigh*

Still didn't read responses. ANOGTFT.

Placemarker. .. because that's all I've got.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think she just saw an easy target. I was always pretty quiet and shy, but I have the darned curls that have always attracted attention.

Also quiet and shy, and more than a little bit weird. Weird interests for a girl, anyway.

I've since come to find out that a lot of people mistook my shyness for aloofness and even a touch of snobbery.

But for the question at hand... Sunglasses and earbuds. It makes it easier to ignore people.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

The only person attacking anyone on this thread is you.

Mmmmmmm, hypocritical irony, how I love thee.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Yes!!! Very well said!!
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    nope this has never happened to me and i hear it here all the time which makes me wonder if people arent creating these situations in their own head as an easy "out".

"I cant get healthy because people are MEAN!"
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    People are mean alot of the time..I was out on my bike and some college guys decided to throw their drink at me from a truck and bark like dogs...It happens..but you just keep going..
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    the situation you explained, regarding the man who made the comments, I personally would have assumed that he was making a lame joke, not bullying.....

I am very sensitive to adults who use the word bully in reference to one or two instances where another adult says something that makes them feel bad about themselves or uncomfortable. To me, being "bullied" is where someone tortures you and makes your life a living hell, like the not so popular kids in school who get teased day in and day out. Saying you are bullied as an adult is just assinine, I will never understand that, and I think the word is being used waaayyyy too often in our society. Not every case of being "teased" is being "bullied." Please learn the difference!

And for reference: all through high school and to current day, I am the shyest person I know... even with people I have known for years, I am super super shy. After graduation, my best friends and I went to a graduation party of a classmate we never really hung out with. While there, we got a chance to talk to many classmates we never associated with in school. I guess being graduation day, we were all letting loose, etc, and a group of people went on and on to me and my BF about thinking we were the BIGGEST *****ES EVER because all we did was walk around with "smirks on our faces making fun of people"... UImmm, no, we NEVER made fun of people, we were always just laughing at inside jokes and being wallflowers, keeping to ourselves. We assumed everyone else was making fun of US! So, my point is, I learned 8 years ago that you cant assume what other people are thinking based off one incident, or even knowing them for years, and that situation always reminds me when I am around people I dont know to make an effort of keeping a pleasant look on my face, which I really do have to make a concentrated effort to do- I normally come off very *****y, which plenty of people have told me once they get to know me and realize I am not at all that way.!

Sorry, this is crazy long, but I feel strongly about this, I really do, coming from a place of being accused of being "jealous," etc.... And I agree that is what mothers tell daughters to make them feel better, but my mama taught me "People are mean, get used to it!!"
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    more often than not I feel as though women(men too) can act negatively towards others because they feel something is missing within themselves.

fortunately, I surround myself with some pretty awesome people so this doesn't happen often. but the best thing to do when do you encounter it is to I G N O R E it. :)