Why im not losing weight???

Options

Replies

• ctenan1205
    Options
    I did the super low-calorie, low-carb, low everything diet for a very long time - I lost weight, but I had no energy to exercise much, my hair was falling out, and my skin was terrible. Plus, I was cold all the time and always thinking about food. Point is, it's unsustainable! If you want lasting weight loss, you must decrease your calories by just a few hundred below your maintenance calories (about 1800) and EXERCISE. I love to run, do Insanity, bootcamp, dance, etc. - it is FAR better to work out and fuel your body, like a furnace. Just see what happens. I think you'll find that your weight stops plateauing and you drop a few pounds.

P.S. You really don't need to lose weight. Being "skinny" shouldn't be the goal. It's about being fit, healthy, and toned. Most of all healthy.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is that you are skinny, you may not see that for yourself though. Sometimes we perceive ourselves differently then someone else does.. But I do agree that maybe you should try to eat 200 more calories per day and keep up the workouts,ect..and see what happens. My doctor even said last week that eating too few calories will backfire and make it harder, as your body s not getting what it needs.
  • cinema94
    cinema94 Posts: 2
    Options
    1 Fruit is good for you don't limit it

2 Bump up your calories you seem to be pretty young i.e. you're still growing so listen just focus on eating as healthy as possible 90% of the time and forget about tracking everything just focus on fruit, veg, lean protein like fish, chicken, if your veggie then like tempeh better than tofu, eggs, milk, those are all good for you trust me

you can also eat grains such as oats, whole wheat pasta, and a good source of bread would be whole wheat pita, ezekiel bread, any of those really slow digesting carbs

3 workout but try to enjoy the process don't just focus on losing weight focus on becoming a stronger person a lot of people forget that your goal should always be to become more fit not to be lighter, really really its much more important to be a strong person, I mean healthy and athletic, thats how you live a long time and enjoy your life

4 Chill a little bit, you need to keep your hormones happy this is like crucially important the number one thing that affects your health and physique believe it or not is genetics, but more importantly hormones

its the things you do every day that matter not the things you do once in a blue moon so just try to make healthy choices a habit and forget about how everyone else around you thinks that you look,
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not eating enough. You are ruining your metabolism. Start adding some calories. You might see a slight gain at first until you get yourself back to the right amount.
  • Layslk
    Layslk Posts: 5
    Options
    Your not losing weight because YOU DON'T NEED TO!
  • carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Im eating healthy as possible, lot of fruits, vegetables,no sugar,no meat, low carb,high fiber, protein from milkproducts,eggs ,under 1000 cal per day.and no meals after 4 pm. im working out for 1 hour everday. and im really constant. why im not getting skinny? ( rightnow im 5'3 123.3lbs)

1) you are eating too little.
    2) you are over complicating it (the no meal after 4pm thing - not needed)
    3) low carb isn't necessary, but its fine to do, as long as your not doing low fat too then you will gonna struggle and not get necessary nutrients throughout the day.
    4) rest your body every 2nd or 3rd day, no need to exercise constantly, but if you enjoy it, nothing wrong with it
    5) relates to number 4, eat back calories from exercise if you using MFP formula.

As long as you get your cals in, you are around 10 - 20% below your TDEE OR follow MFP's formula, and eat back exercise calories, you will lose weight, no matter what time of the day you eat. BTW, don't go below your BMR and never go below 1200.
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    You do not need to lose weight. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being 5'3 and weighing 123.3lbs. I am 5'0 and my goal is 135-140. That is a pefect weight for me.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    A troll is a person who is coming on as a joke, prank ,ect... I have no idea if this person is a troll or not, I'm just answering your question about what a troll is.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Im eating healthy as possible, lot of fruits, vegetables,no sugar,no meat, low carb,high fiber, protein from milkproducts,eggs ,under 1000 cal per day.and no meals after 4 pm. im working out for 1 hour everday. and im really constant. why im not getting skinny? ( rightnow im 5'3 123.3lbs)

#1. You are already at a good weight, so weight loss will be (and should be) slow.

#2. You are not eating enough. If you continue, you risk losing lean body mass and may not be happy with the results. Increase your calories and start strength training.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Because NO adult should be eating 1000 cals per day! EAT MORE FOOD!!
  • HenryH13
    HenryH13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try something that works for the French (and has worked really well for me) - for dessert, or when you're feeling hungry between meals, have a small slice (1/2 oz or one oz) of a smooth, creamy, decadent slice of your favorite cheese. (Mine is Kerrygold aged white cheddar from Ireland). Eating this will signal your body / metabolism that "I'm getting enough fat in my diet - things are ok" so your body won't go into "starvation mode," which happens when you get too few calories. This could add the 200 or so extra calories each day you need, provide a decadent daily treat, and get your body back into calorie burning mode.
  • I3ernadette
    I3ernadette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    more to the point, exactly how long have you been on your diet? going by your profile, it says a day. did you start exercising in the past few days? have you been eating lots of salty things to keep from feeling hungry after exercising? at the very beginning of a diet you're just as likely to gain a few pounds as lose waterweight, and the leaner you are, the harder it is to lose weight. you say you have a month to work through; while you won't necessarily lose all the weight you want in that time, it is entirely possible to tone up a fair bit. just make sure you don't overdo the exercise, or you'll have to break it off and, working in such a short time period, will probably lose the benefits.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Youre well within normal weight for your height. You ARE skinny. (Whatever that means....) now-- you can do some sculpting with weight training. Eat more. Eat better. Lift weights.
  • esquire9
    esquire9 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    OP is younger than most, probably does not have as much experience in nutrition like you "experts" giving advice . While you might have good advice , be nice and courteous.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I would say that you need to talk to your doctor and have him do a body comp test and also determine whether or not you are eating at the correct calorie deficient. What it sounds like to me is that you need to start lifting weights if you want to be smaller.
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This girl, in other posts, states that she's 17 so she shouldn't be on the site anyways...but she's 5'3 at 120'ish so obvioulay she has some body image issues so stop wasting your time, she's not going to listen.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_milt1yLmV71rl4o0xo1_500.gif
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice:) i can share my diary, but a lot of meals are in my motherlanguage ( which is Hungarian) so you guys wont understand it. yes im a vegetarian, but im eating milk products, eggs, and sometimes even fish for protein. im really not starving, today i ate 200 cal more than usual

It's your lucky day since I speak Hungarian. So open up that diary. Gyerunk! :)
  • Bbillson
    Bbillson Posts: 1
    Options
    You are not eating enough calories to sustain yourself and your body has gone into starvation mode.