Ab pics if you've had kids.

Options

Replies

• kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Wow EVERYONE looks fantastic. For those who you have made such great progress what do you say is the biggest help to getting the abs to tighten up?

Clean Eating and Heavy Lifting (I do Stronglifts 5x5). I also started with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which does give results as a good starting point before moving to heavy lifting. I also run and am usually training for a half marathon but after my next one on April 7th my plan is less cardio and more lifting
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Wow EVERYONE looks fantastic. For those who you have made such great progress what do you say is the biggest help to getting the abs to tighten up?

I think genetics plays a big part.
    In the hospital, my ob/gyn commented on how "flat" my abdomen was after my third and said most women don't look like that.
    I didn't feel very flat but I was thankful.:tongue:

Not genetics. Genetics determine if you have a 6 or 8 pack. Genetics determines if the elasticity of your skin allows for the sin to shrink or not. My entire family is obese. Heavy lifting (squats and deadlifts for sure) and a moderate calorie deficit have helped me earn abs.
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My most recent. Top row is at 170 before I started trying to lose weight. I had 3 kids in 3 years (they are currently almost 4, 2 1/2 and 9 1/2 months now). Bottom row is last night at 128. I've been nursing, eating a 15-20% cut of my TDEE and doing Jillian Michaels and Leslie Sansone videos at home for the most part.

8561667256_8b8304658c.jpg

I still have loose skin and more to trim off my middle, hoping to get into more lifting and running soon - it's been hard to get to the gym with three littles but I need to make it a priority!

Your pictures are so inspiring to me! I just took my "bare skin" before pics today and they look just like yours. I am a mom of 5 (20,15,11,6,2) and it is encouraging to know that there is hope for me!!!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a 3.5 year old and a 5.5 month old.

Here i am right now, 5 months postpartum. still have some toning to do, but i'm being patient!

image.jpg

This was me after baby #1 (when he was about 2), before i got pregnant with #2. Trying to get back to this!

download.jpg
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    All of these pics are AMAZING! Congrats ladies, you have all inspired me to go do my Insanity workout now :)
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My most recent. Top row is at 170 before I started trying to lose weight. I had 3 kids in 3 years (they are currently almost 4, 2 1/2 and 9 1/2 months now). Bottom row is last night at 128. I've been nursing, eating a 15-20% cut of my TDEE and doing Jillian Michaels and Leslie Sansone videos at home for the most part.

I still have loose skin and more to trim off my middle, hoping to get into more lifting and running soon - it's been hard to get to the gym with three littles but I need to make it a priority!

Wow! I love how you've gotten this way via Jillian, 20% your TDEE, and with nursing. Just what I plan to do. Inspiring!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My son is two now.

<--- here are my abs although I'm fairly chunky yet. They'll look better in about 5 weeks.

Bwahaha, there's always a man to respond to these kinds of threads!

My inspiration for this exact thing comes from Chalene Johnson and a couple of the ladies in the ChaLean Extreme videos. Chalene has 2 children, and there's one lady from the video (don't remember her name, but Chalene picks her out) who has had multiple children. They have lean bodies as if they never had 1 child yet. It proves that, yes, we can have children AND abs!
    That chick looks amazing! She has 7 kids! A single, then twins, then quads! Her body is my inspiration too!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    This thread is great. Good job ladies.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    41 years old, 2 kids, 1 c-section, not finished yet, but so much better:

tummyfront_zpsdae6c3c9.jpg

tummyside_zps625e2b5c.jpg
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    wow you ladies are so inspirational! i can't wait until I can show off my pix in here :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 kids... There is hope!! :)
    fbbwqWU.jpg
    KhuxGgS.jpg?1

Amazing!

WOW is all i can say. AMAZING work! what did you do to achieve it?
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and have 3 children aged 9, 7 & 4, this i the first time I have ever proactively worked on getting a 6 pack, I feel I am getting closer every week. Note the wrinkly skin by my belly button, it's allot better than it was, but so ugly when I do the plank as it just hangs.

09a183e2-420e-4447-ae49-b0a9d35f21db_zps8ca85cf2.jpg

ad0fccb9-6a58-437a-93e2-f4585d922cea_zps6c9a8688.jpg
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 kids... There is hope!! :)
    fbbwqWU.jpg
    KhuxGgS.jpg?1

Amazing!

WOW is all i can say. AMAZING work! what did you do to achieve it?

2200+ calories and heavy lifting :)
  • Babes1986
    Babes1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mine are getting there I think I am going to do Insanity and see where I can get my abs to by summer maybe I can rock a bikini once again after all
    beforeandafter_zps6dec3ed8.jpg
  • vabheegaard
    Options
    Loved this site! Thanks for sharing! What an inspiration!
  • trmhb
    trmhb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just want to say WOW & Thank you to u all for posting ur success. You have given me so much hope to losing my tummy after having 5 c-sections though I may not get a flat tummy with the abs but to know that it may be possible....THERE IS HOPE!! Thank you for sharing ur pics!
  • lafantast1c
    Options
    You look FAB! Way to GO!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing! I am 48 with 2 kids (19 and 13) and had a c-section for the younger one. I really hate that little flappy bit, but I'm working on it! I know it will be the last bit to tone up, but as I'm not looking to get lucky round the pool:wink: I can live with it if I can get back into a reasonable bikini rather than looking like a shopping bag full of potatoes.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options

You look amazing! Keep up the hard work!
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for posting these pictures...I actually feel like there is hope right now. I haven't seen my abs since my daughter was born almost 11 years ago. I have had 4 C-sections and my kids are now 10, 8, 4 and 3 and my stomach just disgusts me. I am finally trying to lose all the weight I gained from having children and I have been fearful that my stomach will always be squishy, but you ladies are inspirational! Great job! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!