cleanse

Options

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    No worries, It would be hard to do anything strenuous when you can't leave the toilet.

why couldn't you leave the toilet?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to cleanse?
    just want to tremove toxins...maybe help my liver out a bit

your kidneys and liver remove all of the toxins as it is. you do not need to "detoxify" yourself with a "cleanse". they are scams targeted at the gullible and ignorant (uninformed).

^ This.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    your kidneys and liver remove all of the toxins as it is. you do not need to "detoxify" yourself with a "cleanse". they are scams targeted at the gullible and ignorant (uninformed).
    your liver and kidneys try hard to remove all the toxins but sometimes they get deposited in cells, usually fat cells. True that there are a lot of expensive and worthless products out there but I'm just talking about a food cleanse. No need to buy anything but the right foods. I think the people that haven't tried cleanses are the ignorant ones, on the health and energy they could have.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    your liver and kidneys try hard to remove all the toxins but sometimes they get deposited in cells, usually fat cells. True that there are a lot of expensive and worthless products out there but I'm just talking about a food cleanse. No need to buy anything but the right foods. I think the people that haven't tried cleanses are the ignorant ones, on the health and energy they could have.

baloney.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-detox-scam/
    http://www.skepdic.com/detox.html
  • adzubak
    adzubak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Alright so this is the only cleanse I know about. https://www.standardprocess.com/Standard-Process/Purification-Program I've wanted to do it but haven't yet (I can't get the stuff where I am now), but my veterinarian did it while I worked with her and she seemed happy with it. It's definitely not cheap though, so that's a downside. My vet said she lost about 15lbs on it. I'm not sure if she kept it off though as I left shortly after to return to school. I don't think a cleanse is something you need to do all the time, but I think it can be helpful every once in awhile. Just because your body can cleanse itself does not mean it doesn't need a little help to get back to top performance.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the Ultimate Reset 21 day cleanse. I lost 7 lbs the first week....and inches off my hips and waist. I was never hungry.

you're losing water. it will come back when you finish. that's why these scams trick so many people into believing that they work. they desperately want them to work, they see water weight being shed, so they assume that they work. textbook example of the Placebo Effect.

if your goal is to temporarily lose water weight, then yes, they work temporarily.

to actually lose 7lbs in 1 week, you'd need to burn ~24,500 more calories than you ingested. that's a fact. that's physics. the laws of physics apply to everybody. they are immutable.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  • TheDevastator
    Options

baloney.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-detox-scam/
    http://www.skepdic.com/detox.html
    You shouldn't put much faith in skeptics.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    No worries, It would be hard to do anything strenuous when you can't leave the toilet.

Eating nothing but apples will likely cause you to have to go to the bathroom a lot. Isn't that the point of most "cleanses"?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The best way to "cleanse" is simply to eat fresh fruits, veggies, and lean proteins in the correct amount for your own needs (whether you prefer deficit for fat loss, surplus for muscle gain, or maintenance to stay the same).

As others have said, cleanses and detoxes that you buy are unnecessary and many do much more harm than good. Eating a healthy diet will help your body function properly (assuming there are no known issues preventing it from doing so, in which you need to see a doctor anyway). Your liver and kidneys will do a great job as long as you are not overloading them with crap...which means just eat healthy in the correct proportions. :flowerforyou:
  • TheDevastator
    Options

Eating nothing but apples will likely cause you to have to go to the bathroom a lot. Isn't that the point of most "cleanses"?

You don't go more than normal on an all fruit diet., 3-4 times a day which is a normal healthy amount.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this idea of giving your liver and kidneys a break. Unless you have a medical condition...your organs do what they are supposed to do. Do you also need to give your heart, lungs, and brain a break the same way you do with your liver and kidneys? It doesn't make sense.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Exfoliation helps to shed skin cells. Have you ever tried a loofah?

Yes.

They are excellent, aren't they? :smile:
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Exfoliation helps to shed skin cells. Have you ever tried a loofah?

Yes.

They are excellent, aren't they? :smile:
    Yes! when I remember to use it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this idea of giving your liver and kidneys a break. Unless you have a medical condition...your organs do what they are supposed to do. Do you also need to give your heart, lungs, and brain a break the same way you do with your liver and kidneys? It doesn't make sense.

It's obvious that some people already are.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I am starting the Master Cleanse tomorrow. It is my favorite. I have tried a couple other cleanses as well, but this one makes me feel the best. I am going to aim for ten days and will assess my progress at that time to decide if I want to go longer.
  • Szkx45
    Szkx45 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Others who have done it haven't gained it back. I will surely let you know. I already take a prescription water pill, so I doubt it is all water weight. I eat more food now than I usually do, so for me it is about learning to eat healthy /clean, and not eating junk or too little. Physics or not, I feel great and have more energy....so I will take it!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Cleanse yo Miiiiiind...and the rest will follow!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

It's obvious that some people already are.

This.

Would you guys stop breathing for a few days to clear the toxins out of your lungs? No? Don't you want to give that very nesscary part of your body the chance to clear out?

What's that? Don't want to stop breathing because you need to breathe?

Oh yeah. You kind of need to do the same thing with eating.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options
    Okay - best way to flush out your system?
    SAUNA and loads of water. Get in there, sweat, drink water, SWEAT, drink water... you get the picture.
    Adhere to the guidelines, which is about 15 minutes in and a rest/cold shower/ repeat.

Another great cleanse is the 3 day apple diet.
    3 days straight of apples. If you are doing this, don't plan on doing anything strenuous and take it easy.
    The apple works on clearing the digestive tract, which is usually full of metals and other substances from our foods.

Hope this helps.
    http://spirited-sports-com.webs.com

Good tips. I have a membership to a gym that has a nice sauna but I always forget about it. I will try use it sometime.

I've already had about 15 apples today, lol. Not that I just eat apples.

I have just been reading about sauna cleansing. I remember to use the sauna, because it has become my reward for working out. A friend also told me about another kind of cleanse for the skin similar to the sauna affect. He said to buy the rain suits at Walmart and then put tight clothing like Lycra over it. And then stay active within reason (like vaccuming/cleaning. I did light walking on the treadmill. Leave it on for about 45 min - 60 min. You'll sweat like crazy and then you're to wipe the sweat off vigorously with a towel immediately after removing the suit bc your pores are open and the sweat will go back into your body. Wait 20 min and then you can shower if you choose. This is the same concept behind body wraps at spas. I did it once at home and my skin was so soft, it felt like a baby's skin. The sticky sweaty suit sucks though .
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options
    I consume 1200 calories for ten days. I am not dieting, I am cleansing.