cleanse

Options

Replies

• _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I don't understand this idea of giving your liver and kidneys a break. Unless you have a medical condition...your organs do what they are supposed to do. Do you also need to give your heart, lungs, and brain a break the same way you do with your liver and kidneys? It doesn't make sense.

It's obvious that some people already are.

This.

Would you guys stop breathing for a few days to clear the toxins out of your lungs? No? Don't you want to give that very nesscary part of your body the chance to clear out?

What's that? Don't want to stop breathing because you need to breathe?

Oh yeah. You kind of need to do the same thing with eating.
    Lungs have a different job than the liver. The liver's job is to clean, when it gets an overload it stores away the excess in fat cells while it continues to work to cleanse the crap that is being dumped in the body. If it is constantly being given an overload, it can't get to the stored and backed up toxins. If you give the liver a break from it, it can get to the stored toxins and expel them. People who are overweight are the ones who have this "overload" issue the most.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this idea of giving your liver and kidneys a break. Unless you have a medical condition...your organs do what they are supposed to do. Do you also need to give your heart, lungs, and brain a break the same way you do with your liver and kidneys? It doesn't make sense.

This.

Would you guys stop breathing for a few days to clear the toxins out of your lungs? No? Don't you want to give that very nesscary part of your body the chance to clear out?

Would I leave the room if you kept farting? Yes! I'd give my lungs a break. Another type of cleanse is oxygen therapy.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options
    I am starting the Master Cleanse tomorrow. It is my favorite. I have tried a couple other cleanses as well, but this one makes me feel the best. I am going to aim for ten days and will assess my progress from there.

If you need any additional info let me know.

Don't listen to those who haven't tried a cleanse. They don't "get it" because they don't understand it.

You're advocating a very low calorie diet.w

I consume 1200 calories for ten days. I am not dieting, I am cleansing.

That's 1,200 calories of grade B maple syrup (see? I was listening!) and cayenne pepper. That sounds uber nutritional, yo.

YOU FORGOT THE SEA SALT! :angry:

She forgot the main ingredient "lemon juice"

There are actually a lot of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidents, etc in this cleanse. I documented it once, but I can't find it at the moment. It is probably more than I get in my daily diet.

The way my skin looked and the whites of my eyes afterwards said a lot.

I am starting tomorrow like I said, but I am not looking forward to the first two days. By day three, I start to get that energy boost. I can't wait for that. I'm really in need of it.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

This.

Lungs have a different job than the liver. The liver's job is to clean, when it gets an overload it stores away the excess while it continues to work to cleanse the crap that is being dumped in the body. If it is constantly being given an overload, it can't get to the stored and backed up toxins. If you give the liver a break from it, it can get to the stored toxins and expel them. People who are overweight are the ones who have this "overload" issue the most.

Yes, the lungs have a different job than the liver. Brilliant analysis! The point is that each organ serves a specific funtion, and will continue to do so unless there is a medical condition preventing it from so doing. It doesn't need your help. Your body is a brilliant thing if you will let it be.

tumblr_m4uly18CWy1qdi31go1_400.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Ah, the cleansers. Makes a scientist all

Computer+Rage.gif

Eat (but not too much), exercise (but not too much), and drink water. You'll be happier, healthier, and more fit. Also, you don't have to send me any money for the privilege.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Lungs have a different job than the liver. The liver's job is to clean, when it gets an overload it stores away the excess while it continues to work to cleanse the crap that is being dumped in the body. If it is constantly being given an overload, it can't get to the stored and backed up toxins. If you give the liver a break from it, it can get to the stored toxins and expel them. People who are overweight are the ones who have this "overload" issue the most.

Hardly. I've never seen or heard a doctor recommend to a smoker that they stop breathing to cleanse their lungs. Neither is that a promoted method of "cleansing" in cities with extreme air pollution.

Your liver is the same way.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to cleanse?
    just want to tremove toxins...maybe help my liver out a bit

your kidneys and liver remove all of the toxins as it is. you do not need to "detoxify" yourself with a "cleanse". they are scams targeted at the gullible and ignorant (uninformed).

Disagree. Cleansing is by no means a new age idea. People have been doing it for ages. You are correct that the liver and kidneys remove toxins. That is a big job and it makes sense that even amazing organs like these could use a rest once in a while. So these cleanses (not the packaged pro pooping products but things such as veggie and fruit juicing) are meant to lighten the load for your liver for just a short while. I like my liver and see nothing wrong with helping it out.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Hardly. I've never seen or heard a doctor recommend to a smoker that they stop breathing to cleanse their lungs. Neither is that a promoted method of "cleansing" in cities with extreme air pollution.

Again, I will repeat it for you. The lungs don't need a cleanse. The liver needs a break. The lungs and the liver are not the same. It's outlined for you in another of my posts in this thread.

I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good luck!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to cleanse?
    just want to tremove toxins...maybe help my liver out a bit

your kidneys and liver remove all of the toxins as it is. you do not need to "detoxify" yourself with a "cleanse". they are scams targeted at the gullible and ignorant (uninformed).

Disagree. Cleansing is by no means a new age idea. People have been doing it for ages. You are correct that the liver and kidneys remove toxins. That is a big job and it makes sense that even amazing organs like these could use a rest once in a while. So these cleanses (not the packaged pro pooping products but things such as veggie and fruit juicing) are meant to lighten the load for your liver for just a short while. I like my liver and see nothing wrong with helping it out.

I agree. Perfectly said.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

Again, I will repeat it for you. The lungs don't need a cleanse. The liver needs a break. The lungs and the liver are not the same. It's outlined for you in another of my posts in this thread.

Good luck!

That's fine. I don't particularly understand punishing your body by putting it through several days of weakness, shakiness, headaches, and whatever else extreme hunger pangs produce just to feel "cleansed" from foods I already pooped out days or weeks ago.

I don't think I'll ever understand that.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

I think you have that backwards. The smoker is to stop smoking to cleanse the lungs.
  • Sunka1
    Options
    No worries, It would be hard to do anything strenuous when you can't leave the toilet.

why couldn't you leave the toilet?

Eating nothing but apples will likely cause you to have to go to the bathroom a lot. Isn't that the point of most "cleanses"?

no darling. think of it as rebooting. Give your organs a little break and they will appreciate it by pushing out those toxins. Of course you shouldn't eat only apples if you are uncomfortable with it. IT may work well for some people though.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

I think you have that backwards. The smoker is to stop smoking to cleanse the lungs.

Yes. But can we agree that decades of smoking certainly builds up toxins? Much in the same way you say our liver does? I assume you'd recommend to the smoker to just give it time for their lungs to return to normal, or at least not to stop breathing or "breathe less". Your insistence at doing the opposite with your liver is bizarre and unwarranted.

Lungs, heart, etc - you don't stop using them, you don't give them a break.

Liver = equals same thing. Silly geese.
  • Sunka1
    Options
    I'm currently doing the Ultimate Reset 21 day cleanse. I lost 7 lbs the first week....and inches off my hips and waist. I was never hungry.

you're losing water. it will come back when you finish. that's why these scams trick so many people into believing that they work. they desperately want them to work, they see water weight being shed, so they assume that they work. textbook example of the Placebo Effect.

if your goal is to temporarily lose water weight, then yes, they work temporarily.

to actually lose 7lbs in 1 week, you'd need to burn ~24,500 more calories than you ingested. that's a fact. that's physics. the laws of physics apply to everybody. they are immutable.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

ok we get it. cleansing does not work FOR YOU. no need to take your frustrations out on those of us it works for.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options

This.

Yes, the lungs have a different job than the liver. Brilliant analysis! The point is that each organ serves a specific funtion, and will continue to do so unless there is a medical condition preventing it from so doing. It doesn't need your help. Your body is a brilliant thing if you will let it be.
    Organs each have a specific function but it's usually not working as good as it could be. Yes, the body is amazing, especially considering what people have thrown at it. But the liver can get overworked and you will never know it is until you get a medical condition sometimes years and years later. Cleanses can help put off, stop or sometimes reverse a medical condition, even ones that can't be fixed by conventional medicine.

Nice gif. Rowan Atkinson is hilarious.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Good luck!

That's fine. I don't particularly understand punishing your body by putting it through several days of weakness, shakiness, headaches, and whatever else extreme hunger pangs produce just to feel "cleansed" from foods I already pooped out days or weeks ago.

I don't think I'll ever understand that.

Well *I* don't understand punishing the body by continuing to overload it with more toxic crap than it can handle. I take a break from feeding it the crap so it can catch up. Again, when you give your liver more than it can handle what do you think it does to the excess that is backed up and waiting for the liver to process? It has to go somewhere. It is stored in fat cells. Now if you continue to overload the liver it can't get to the backed up toxic stores. So if you stop giving it so much it can get caught up.

It's like if you continue to run water in a bathtub, but have the drain open. The water is on full blast the way bad eaters give their body too much food and too many toxins. More than the body can handle and more than the drain can keep up with. If you stop running water in the tub, the drain catches up and eventually all the water is drained. If you never stop with the overflowing of water, the drain can never catch up. All that excess water then pours onto the floor, like the overload of toxins pours into your body.
  • Sunka1
    Options

Let's face it. If our livers and kidneys were at peak performance, none of us would be on this site in the first place. Have you tried any form of cleanse ever?
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Yes. But can we agree that decades of smoking certainly builds up toxins? Much in the same way you say our liver does? I assume you'd recommend to the smoker to just give it time for their lungs to return to normal, or at least not to stop breathing or "breathe less". Your insistence at doing the opposite with your liver is bizarre and unwarranted.

Lungs, heart, etc - you don't stop using them, you don't give them a break.

Liver = equals same thing. Silly geese.

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but yes, if a smoker stops smoking the lungs do revert to healthy again. As in damage reverses.

Can it not be assumed the break from toxins also helps the liver?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Let's face it. If our livers and kidneys were at peak performance, none of us would be on this site in the first place.

Are you suggesting that all overweight people have impaired liver and kidney function?
  • crystalmoore83
    crystalmoore83 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Let's face it. If our livers and kidneys were at peak performance, none of us would be on this site in the first place. Have you tried any form of cleanse ever?

no I have not