Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    It's true... I saw it once on Dr. Oz.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This is even worse:

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!
    Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there.

Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

· is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
    · contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    · may cause severe burns.
    · contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    · accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    · may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    · has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

· as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    · in nuclear power plants.
    · in the production of styrofoam.
    · as a fire retardant.
    · in many forms of cruel animal research.
    · in the distribution of pesticides.
    · as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.
    Why did you share this? Nobody is going to actually read it.

I confess I did read it ;)
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    Didn't read, just wanted to post in this thread to be one of the cool kids.

Yeah, after the title I thought.....

GeorgeBush_zpsb331eedb.gif
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Because it is related and funny :laugh: :tongue: :wink:
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    This is even worse:

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!
    Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there.

Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

· may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

· as a fire retardant.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

Again........................

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Yeah, after the title I thought.....

Yeah, that basically sums up his presidency... LOL
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    yep its true, I'm not going to fight this argument

BUT the way I see it is

I'm a fat barsted, I'm a fat barsted becasue I ate the wrong foods, coffee has been a long part of who I am (those who know me know I love nothing better than an espresso on the back deck in the morning

thats not going to change in a hurry, Ive been on this life style change since January 29 and Ive cut out alot of things almost compleatly and I'm doing reasonably well in staying off them

Coffee will never be removed from my diet compleatly but my aim is to reduce it quite a bit

but until then my typical day will start with a flat white, with breakfast, one when I hit the office and 2 espressos between say 10 & home time, weekends will be 2 flat whites on the deck in the morning and an espresso or 2 through out the afternoon and if I go out for dinner, nothing wrapes up an evening better than a GOOD espresso

sorry but thats just how it is
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want more COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

mqdefault_zps14356f78.jpg
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I guess that's why Starbucks doesn't sponsor an espresso drinking contest akin to the Nathan's hot dog contest.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Relatively minor quantities of caffeine, as low as 10 grams - the same weight as four pennies, or two teaspoons of butter for comparison - is a lethal dose.

A shot of espresso has 100mg of caffeine in it! That's one percent of the lethal dose.
    Also caffeine has a half life of 5 hours . . . so to get to a lethal dose you would only need to take 100 cups of espresso with an hour or two to keep pace with caffeine's half life.

At two ounces per shot of espresso, that's only 200 ounces of fluid (a little more than a gallon and a half.) MFP recommends eight glasses of water a day and if they're 12 ounce glasses that means that you're only talking about 16 glasses of espresso which is only two times as much as MFP already says you should drink.

If you're not alarmed yet, you will be now - - the water content alone of this quantity of espresso, ingested in this time frame, would cause hyponatremia - - the water dilutes the blood to the point that sodium levels tank and osmotic pressure on the rest of your bodily tissues forces water into them. Your brain swells with this water, and creates crushing pressures in your skull, so you die.

Death, people. Death. There is no business more serious than this business. Please drink responsibly.

With love,
    Burt

I don't have time to drink 100 espressos a day...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I take my coffee solid and enematically. Problem solved.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    why am I craving a soda now?:smile:
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    This is even worse:

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Dihydrogen monoxide:

· as a fire retardant.

I confess I did read it ;)

Yep, that H2O is bad, bad stuff! Thanks for the laugh.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Too tired to make sense of this. I need some coffee.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I need caffeine to stay awake to read the whole article OP.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

Best of the thread^^^
  • florulent
    florulent Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is false...
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This is even worse:

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Dihydrogen monoxide:

· as a fire retardant.

I did :)
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Alas! Goodbye cruel world! Parting is such sweet sorrow!

I shall hold my warm cup of death, and drink it anon.

Adieu, farewell........goood.....bye......

*thud*
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    This is false...

#1. Absolutely every single word of my post was true and an unquestioned fact. Should you have information that rebuts this, you will be in possession of new research that will turn the world on its rectals.

#2. I am deeply grateful for everyone in this thread who understands these facts. Thank you guys so much for your support and good luck keeping safe out there.

#3. To all those people who want to make a mockery of this thread, I say, do what you want. Enter Starbucks' annual "Coffee Chug" that GreekJack spoke about. But don't come crying to me when you're dead and can't cry.

With love,
    Burt