1 year anniversary...36 pounds lost...with pics!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    This is true, but my Dr. said that hormones and thyroid issues has kept me from losing the weight and once those are back to normal, I can lose the weight and not be struggling so much. Trust me, I thought I should of made it to my goal...just hope I can be an encouragement to others who are struggling out there!
    [/quote]

I know all too well about the Hormone and Thyroid issues, not too mention, the age thing. Congrats on your loss, keep up the excellent work.
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

WTF??? Don't pay attention to comments like this!! What a jerk!!!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    36 pounds is an amazing accomplishment ! Congrats . You look beautiful

Ps - Chris , I officially wish diarrhea on you , in your car , in traffic !

This made me laugh!! :laugh:
  • Shawnabarrett
    Options
    Celebrating 1 year on My Fitness Pal and my weight loss...lost 36.7 pounds!!!! I'm over half way to my goal!!! It's hard to believe a year has gone by.
    I had hoped for more weight loss than 36 pounds in one year :noway: , but after going to the Doctor, I have found that my hormones, thyroid and a few other things are out of wack, so working on getting them all back to somewhat normal which, they say, will help me to lose the weight.
    I've had many plateaus...one lasting an agonizing 117 days...very frustrating to say the least! Many times I shed tears :sad: and wanted to give up, but I kept pressing through...Any way here's my progress so far...Hope I did this right and you can see the pics...Thanks!

Me at 190
    a90a4b2d-005a-4eae-b8e8-f583b7301f17.jpg
    [img]http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s466/ImRadical4Jesus/11061_1176362930285_6475618_n.jpg Me Now[/img]b1647cf6-a19b-423d-8357-66b0520c1509.jpg
    10d40550-e15f-47cb-8366-170b9afd67ff.jpg

Me at 185 Front View :laugh:
    165aa77f-c4c8-4f85-a68a-67d58e6f9571.jpg
    Me now at 153
    c6eecc47-c06c-4821-86da-b07101121756.jpg

Me at 185 Side view :huh:
    752606e9-fc66-4e5b-9f24-ca393f865843.jpg
    Me now at 153
    e6b02db1-d248-4863-b615-dee3d6f8f8a7.jpg
  • muffinskya
    muffinskya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

People who lose slowly have a better chance at success than those who lose it quickly.The fact that she's kept it off for a year is amazing. Keep up the great work!!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Dagoth has no idea what he is talking about ^. For a WOMAN that loses weight much slower than a man u are doing fantastic!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that is incredible!!!! you are doing an amazing job and look fab!
  • kayla7jackson
    Options
    The side view is so inspiring and impressive! Way to go!
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    WOW, I'm totally overwhelmed!!! THANK YOU everyone for the feedback! :flowerforyou: So great to have such support. I wasn't going to post cause I didn't hit my goal like I thought I would, but you never know who might be facing the same "giants" as you and just glad I could inspire others to not give up, keep on working out, eating right...don't stop!

Trust me, I was so upset day after day getting on the scales...I wanted to plow into brownies, icecream, chips, cookies...you name it, if it wasn't healthy I wanted it! At that time of my frustration I just didn't care, why bother continuing the workouts and eating right/healthy! But I'd calm down and get right back in the game! When I broke that 117 day plateau I only lost .4 pounds, then went back up a little, so it wasn't a huge loss. Then I had another plateau...:sad:

You may laugh at this, but I'd be so close to breaking the plateaus, like just .2 pounds and I'd be there, you think I could pee that out of me...no... never happened :noway: What?! I'm sure many of you have thought the same thing...lol

Again...THANK YOU all...blessings
  • apcross13
    apcross13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are a great example of perseverance and a real success story. Hmmm, I never thought of success related to how quickly I did this. I am more concerned with keeping it off. When it is hard, and you keep going, that's the good stuff.

As to 22 year old men...I don't think being an a**hole has anything to do with that. There are a lot of young guys out there who don't behave like that.
  • RochelleAvila
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are doing so awesome! You should feel very proud & don't be so hard on yourself. I too, have a borderline slow thyroid & I take tamoxifen and the weight isn't coming off as fast as it used to when I was in my 30's, but I feel good anyway. I have managed to take off 14 lbs since the beginning of the year. I'm not following a diet, just eating much healthier & getting exercise in 6 days a week.. My doctor said that at some point my body will shed the weight but I will just take it one day at a time.

Keep up the good work!! Your very inspiring!!! :)
  • tcasey4
    tcasey4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Go you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!