Don't talk or text at the gym on the equipment!!!!

Options

Replies

• jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Gym time is my time. My phone stays in the locker room. I have an IPod for music so I return all texts and calls when "my time" is complete:tongue:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    9d6c69c6_thread-direction.jpeg
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yep!! Exactly:flowerforyou:
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I answer the phone if I know it may be an important phone call ( ie they've called twice and I've ignored and they are calling for the third time) I keep my voice down and explain at the gym and ask if its important.

I ALSO check my texts generally because I am needing to keep in contact with someone regarding plans after the gym etc. I AM USING THE EQUIPMENT. I usually text when I am on my rest break.

I can see it being obnoxious if they sit there for 5 mins monopolizing the machine, but other than that... to each his own.
  • lvmygsp
    lvmygsp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dear lord you and the 20 people before you: It is supposed to be---> you "could NOT care less" as opposed to you "COULD care less". It's not rocket surgery..... If you COULD care less, then you DO care a bit... Please take note.
  • noelie365
    noelie365 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hate the talkers- that's distracting! Especially the loud ones. Stop shouting at your bluetooth- you look nuts and you're being a jerk! Texters are fine with me as long as they aren't holding up equipment someone else is waiting on. On a treadmill? Do what you want- that's not my business.
  • Gaige22
    Gaige22 Posts: 5
    Options
    I dont see a problem with it if you are doing something like a bicycle or maybe a treadmill. In fact, it will take your mind off getting tired! But yeah if youre just sitting on a machine then theres a problem for sure.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Is it me or do some people take going to the gym way to seriously? You're not going to war. Stop acting like it's life or death. If someone's on something you need, texting or not, just use something else for what probably amounts to an entire two minutes then come back. Cope.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oops. Sorry. I text like my life depends on it.
  • lvmygsp
    lvmygsp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is it me or do some people take going to the gym way to seriously? You're not going to war. Stop acting like it's life or death. If someone's on something you need, texting or not, just use something else for what probably amounts to an entire two minutes then come back. Cope.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Shall we end this thead on the best piece of rather sage advice I've seen on a message board in......forever? Nicely done.
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

The problem is that too many people are reading my original subject line & not reading my story. UGH! Nothing serious about it - just bugs me to death seeing the SAME people sitting/talking/texting on the gym equipment that I just used & have not completed my set yet. They are NOT in between sets or working out at all. They're there to be pretty and pick up guys. Maybe not at your gym but this is MY post and it does happen at mine. This has happened MANY times - which is why I posted it.
  • RGv2
    Options

Every minute counts for me in the morning, unless you want to get my kids out of bed, dressed, and off to daycare to open up that hour for me?...Cope.
  • staciedee10
    Options
    Where is the DELETE my topic/post button?!?!
  • RGv2
    Options

The problem is that too many people are reading my original subject line & not reading my story. UGH! Nothing serious about it - just bugs me to death seeing the SAME people sitting/talking/texting on the gym equipment that I just used & have not completed my set yet. They are NOT in between sets or working out at all. They're there to be pretty and pick up guys. Maybe not at your gym but this is MY post and it does happen at mine. This has happened MANY times - which is why I posted it.

Wait, What? We're supposed to read the OP before posting? :noway:
  • staciedee10
    Options

Wait, What? We're supposed to read the OP before posting? :noway:

LOL - People love to post random crap or whatever is on their mind. :wink:
  • katelovelyyy
    katelovelyyy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can't be a jerk about it, if you're texting on a weight machine you sure as hell better be using it.
    I only text when I'm doing cardio, I use my iPad for Netflix and I NEVER talk on the phone. If you get a call cause you're " on call" take it off the machine and out the door. Texting I don't care about unless you're just sitting at a machine doing nothing.

Point is, do what you want but be considerate. No need to keep people waiting if they don't need to. Ad no point *****ing about what everyone else is doing, stick to yourself.

Just sayin
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I use my phone on a bike or elliptical sometimes, while still working out and having music up.