Call All Those Who Have Been Cheated On!

Options
SunShineGirly11
SunShineGirly11 Posts: 64 Member
I have always heard (especially for women) that if your SO is cheating you will know, whether you want to believe it or not. I'm just curious to know if this is actually true. So if you have been cheated on by a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, or whatever else did you know?

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Speaking as the other guy, yea they usually know.
  • sarahmichelexo
    sarahmichelexo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i knew!
  • YourGirl_Tina
    YourGirl_Tina Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    You know! it's a gut feeling BUT don't get it mixed up with your erratic emotions!

And one must be good at snooping Lol
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I knew, There was a noticeable change in behavior that I kept telling myself was just my imagination and to stop being paranoid. I should have followed my instincts but my nature was to trust.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Its always a tell-tale when she cant get it up.
  • adoreabella
    Options
    I knew.....
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have never been cheated on, but I have been lied too. My ex had a nasty gambling addiction.
    I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I sense you may feel the same.. might not know 100% the issue is cheating, but your gut will tell you something is off.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yep I knew. Gut feeling I guess. A little bit of snooping confirmed it, he denied it even when confronted but eventually admitted it. Stayed with him, but I'll never feel the same way about him and will probably never fully trust him again.
  • erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me twice. Different people.
    First time, blindsided. He "pocket dialed" me by mistake... heard a conversation I shouldn't have. That was the end of my naivety.
    Second time, I knew. Very subtle changes in behavior. It felt horrible, but made me trust my instincts as they were right.

I have never cheated on anyone... ever.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You know when it is happening. Its happened to me...mainly with the two men I cared for most. I left them both. The second one I had children with.

You know...and if you know his friends or his friends girlfriend/wife. They will know something is up.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I totally knew. It was a weird gut feeling that something was wrong. A little snooping around confirmed it. I tried to make it work after that because I was two months pregnant. :( Buuuut I just couldn't trust him anymore and finally left him a few months later.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I knew. I knew he had cheated on several of his ex-girlfriends but I was young and naive and thought it would be different. He stopped wanting to have sex with me, we stopped talking or being affectionate. He became overly jealous of EVERYONE I spoke to, he even suspected me of liking/cheating with his roommate (whom we refer to as wolowitz because he closely.resembles the character from big bang theory). He would spend forever talking to his close female friend, even in the middle of the night. After we broke up other people confirmed my suspicions even though he has yet to own up to them 4 years later. So you know, even if you don't want to believe it you know...
  • SunShineGirly11
    SunShineGirly11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses!

I was cheated on by my SO before we were married, and forgave him. We now have a kid together, but he'll get weird a few times a month(like either upset all the time, or will be over the top sweet), and I just don't know what to think about it. We lived in different states before when it happened so I didn't see it coming....I may have to go snooping!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses!

I was cheated on by my SO before we were married, and forgave him. We now have a kid together, but he'll get weird a few times a month(like either upset all the time, or will be over the top sweet), and I just don't know what to think about it. We lived in different states before when it happened so I didn't see it coming....I may have to go snooping!

this is ironic in light of other threads here. just sayin'.
  • Ninnylicious
    Options
    Yeah they always know... unless you are so head over heels in love with the person, then you a blind to it, which is sad
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

I may have to go snooping!

Have you talked to him about your suspicions first?
  • Jeepgal2012
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately, my intuition was always right. Ugh, it's the worst feeling in the world, too. I hope yours is just having a bad day or something.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    What are you willing to do if you find out the truth?

I would talk about it. No communication, no chance.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Of course the always know....

Except for those that didn't know....

And those that thought they knew.....

But nothing was going on.

Everyone else knew what they knew. I guess.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I knew

You dont go from years of tightie whities to silk boxers suddenly for no reason
    and.. suddenly wearing PJ's and a silk robe?