Call All Those Who Have Been Cheated On!

Options

Replies

• stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I was completely oblivious. Everyone knew except for me :(
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I didn't know. He told me he was going out and playing pool with one of his guy friends and I knew said guy friend (we were mutual friends, but the subject never came up) and I knew he played pool on Monday nights...but it wasn't until 1 year after we broke up and 2 years after the cheating occurred that I was talking with our mutual friend and I mentioned something about the pool league and he told me that my ex spent that summer hanging out with another girl....who he eventually married. Jokes on him, though, because another friend of mine dated her and said she never had any opinions of her own and was quite dull. They are now in the process of getting divorced.

No lasting damage done...they both got what they deserve...especially as he tried to get me to sleep with him while they were married. :P
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    I'm not bitter though haha...
    cant turn a hooker into a house wife bro
  • hokus2
    hokus2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cheaters suck, just saying
  • hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You know... You just don't want to believe it
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    As someone that cheats on his girlfriend consistently you need I can give a you a couple of pointers.

1) Always maintain the upper hand in the relationship. Leave every argument having said the last word. Don't ask for anything just expect it.

2) Make subtle comments to slowly lower her self esteem. You can't be too obvious though. She'll be more inclined to put up with your shenigans if she feels like she needs you.

3) Carry an extra cell phone for "work" that is locked. This should also be accompanied by an email address that she doesn't know about.

4) It's best to cheat outside of your guys' social circle. Things can get a bit messy otherwise.

5) DON'T do it through online dating. Too many people look at these profiles and she may have friends that will come across yours and rat you out.

Anyways, hope this helps.

It should also be noted that women can follow this same protocol. I was only saying "she" because I am a guy and I was relating it to my own circumstances. I certainly wasn't trying to insult anybody.

:flowerforyou:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I knew..when he came home with a massive love bite near his willy and when I came on to him he said no. He was waiting for the love bite to disappear.
    I went after the girl and gave her a hiding ( and him) and got arrested for it.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes, I knew.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I knew, but didn't want to believe it and lived in denial for awhile.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    YOU KNOW!!! Def, for sure.

Each time my ex cheated. I had a gut feeling then approached him about it or snooped to find evidence of this feeling so that I could have proof and further more a reason to believe my gut

womans intuition
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a 'gut' feeling. You just sense something's wrong.

My ex would act so obviously different after he'd been up to no good. He'd be really ratty and snappy and a little resentful of me - out of his own guilt.

He'd also be extremely suspicious of me, constantly ask who I was with, where I was going etc.

I knew something wasn't right. Looked through his phone while he was in the shower. Black and white evidence.
  • I was the last person to know. My best friend told me that my wife had admitted she was cheating to her. I guess that is because I honestly thought wedding vows meant something.

When I was cheated on by another person (just lucky I guess) I again knew nothing about it until she received a text from him which I happened to see on her phone as she was sleeping on my lap with her phone besides me.

So, no, not everyone knows. I didn't and I'm not a stupid person. Its just that I would never cheat, so I don't expect it from others.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I knew, sometimes I didn't. It's happened many, many times.
  • Dolly1209
    Dolly1209 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd say trust your instincts, they're not usually far wrong! I knew! And it was with my best friend!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I had a gut feeling that something about the relationship with the person he cheated on me with was off, but I wouldn't say that I knew he was cheating on me.

The issue isn't that he is cheating on you. The issue is that you don't trust him to be honest, and he doesn't take your concerns seriously. The only advice I have since you are already married is to see a marriage counselor. If he won't go, then go alone.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yeah I knew. I could tell something was wrong, followed through with those instincts till I found a text message..... it tore me in half. I actually had anxiety attacks after that to the point I was shaking all the time. We are all good now, and this was almost 3 years ago... but damn..... I never want anyone to have to go through that. I even asked him if he'd ever cheat on me about a week before I found the text. He said "never in my life" ....... I asked him several times & when the person would call he would pretend it was our mutual friend calling. He would even say "hi Chris" on the phone call.... o the woman knew he was doing wrong. I knew who she was as well.... let me tell you...I threatened to kill her over the phone, left her a message at 2am telling her I' come & kill her & to stay away. Funny she never called again or sent a text.... I knew where she lives, she dont know where we live... she will get her's one day..... I'll happily go to prison for murdering her. Her husband was not happy either.... they got divorced & she was crying the victim.....*****.

"I'll happily go to prison for murdering her. Her husband was not happy either.... they got divorced & she was crying the victim....."

Uhmmm. wow. So resorting to murder is an okay response to infidelity? I hope you are being hyperbolic because that sentiment is messed up on so many levels.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I knew something wasn't right but after nearly ten years of marriage and two children, I just thought it was that we were growing apart...much to my surprise he called me one day at work and told me that he had been having an affair for the past year and a half...yes, he called me at work to tell me this. Why did he do that? Because his mistress was a co-worker and she came to work that day and informed him that her husband found out. It is the absolute worse feeling that one can even encounter. Although I felt that we weren't getting along, the feeling of betrayal is one that you will never forget. It is so hard to ever trust again. I "attempted" to make the marriage work but after almost a year of marriage counseling I realized that I deserved so much more. He was NEVER honest about all that he had done and I was constantly finding out more things and living like a private investigator, constantly checking on what your husband was doing was no way of living at all. I knew that it was going to be hard on my children but I also knew that having their mommy happy was much better than watching mommy lay around, cry and be depressed all the time so after almost a year of counseling I called it quits and filed for divorce.
  • addreonnaseger
    Options
    Yes. You definitely know. And you can't point it out because everyone else (including your SO) will sit there and make you feel like s*it for it.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My gut instincts was telling me that something was going on with my ex, but I brushed it aside. Then after a long while later I did some snooping and my instincts were right all along :\ I felt rubbish, but good riddance I say

I'm a lot happier without him, thank goodness!
  • abrewer563
    abrewer563 Posts: 122
    Options
    I knew but didn't want to admit it to myself I guess and when I'd ask him he'd deny it and then make me feel bad for thinking something like that was going on. I was so stupid.