Call All Those Who Have Been Cheated On!

Options

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    but he'll get weird a few times a month(like either upset all the time, or will be over the top sweet), and I just don't know what to think about it.

Women aren't the only sex that is allowed to have mood swings............
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I actually had no idea.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Nope, I was utterly and completely blind sided by the fact that my husband was sleeping with my best friend, and only realized what was going on when he told me he was in love with her. Never even blipped on my radar, I was so trusting. I thought he flirted with her a little, harmless flirting I thought. But I trusted them both, so it never bothered me. Next time, I will not be so naive.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    personality and attitude drastically change, or so I've noticed.
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    i knew cause everything changed bit by bit
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I knew. I didn't wanna believe it, but I knew. The person doing the cheating ALWAYS acts different, no matter how hard they try to hide it.
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    lol u are so right
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    I don't so much know that you can say "I just knew", but at some point things aren't just right and don't add up so you start being more observant and snooping. My ex went from one extreme to the other. He was over compensating and wanting sex more than usual but then he also started being very hateful and started making remarks that he never would have made previously to me about things that I was doing to try to be helpful.

My ex had even gone as far as getting a tracfone to communicate with his *kitten* so that I wouldn't be able to find anything on our cell phone records. He was a super sneaky SOB. Eventually even the sneakiest get caught though. :)

ur so right and thats sad
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    I knew something was up i didn't know for sure what it was at first but you watch for signs and sho nuff you'll see it even if you don't want to believe it. Things change for me it was not answering the phone while i was in the room. or going to sleep or the sofa things of that nature...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Yup. I knew.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes I knew every time he cheated no matter how much he denied. I can't explain it really....
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I have always heard (especially for women) that if your SO is cheating you will know, whether you want to believe it or not. I'm just curious to know if this is actually true. So if you have been cheated on by a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, or whatever else did you know?

I had no clue. One of his girlfriends (in Canada, no less, when we were living in Kansas) called me when she figured out he'd lied about being single. Then (dun dun DUNNNNN), I found his carefully hidden videotapes, along with photos and letters that let me know it had been ongoing for most of our 19-year marriage*.

OMG. Filed for divorce the next day.

*Everyone (both our families, his coworkers, our friends and even his best friends) was stunned. Without the taped evidence, I'm not sure I would have believed it, either. I've since come to believe that he's some kind of sociopath.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    if its a one time thing, it don't matter who you are..unless its obvious you aren't gonna know...if its continual then you very well may assume or be absolutely sure its happening....but....its still gotta be something obvious to sink it in.

Many base things on past experiences and its not always the best indicator...and no way would I ever believe that as soon as it happens you know...every circumstance described here has a counter as to something else it could be....new underwear...mood swings...as I said...its gotta be concrete before you really truly know
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes, I knew.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Scott2ndGradeTeacher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did not know.

When I was deployed, it turns out my ex had more soldiers in her than the Trojan Horse.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The first time, I knew it in my heart but was fully in denial and chose to ignore it because I wasn't in love - I was infatuated. We ended up breaking up anyway.

The second time I knew, and I snooped to confirm my suspicions. He had merely been flirting with her over Facebook, but I confronted him and we had a frank talk about it, and other things. We're actually still together, but he knows that if he ever strays outside the lines again, there will be no coming back. Five years in and we're still strong, though.
  • Tinkerbutton
    Options
    I knew when his herpes test came back positive and he smelled of cheap hooker perfume.......just sayin
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You might know that SOMETHING isn't going right, but you don't always "know" they're cheating. I've been cheated on twice - and once caught my (ex) best friend in bed with my boyfriend of 3 months (Senior year of high school - some pretty epic drama unfurled after that one).

Cheating is really just a symptom of something else, so I think that's really what makes people "know" when something isn't right. Either you're not in love anymore, or they're angry and frustrated at you (and instead of being mature enough to be open about that, they start cheating for revenge), or maybe they're gay or just aren't the type of person who can really be in a committed relationship without sabotaging it somehow (like say, with some hussy ex-friend of yours that ends up giving him the clap). It happens, and if it DOES happen, then most likely it just wasn't meant to be.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Man, five pages of cheating stories sure makes me think, "Boy, I want to go out and get me into a relationship!"

:laugh:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    A woman's intuition is never wrong. I knew...I could probably pinpoint the time and day he started. For 3 months I just KNEW it wasn't right. It wasn't. Never ignore red flags, intuition and don't rationalize multiple sketchy incidents as "coincidence"...it's not.

Because all women are automatically more perceptive than all men? Sorry, I don't buy it.

I never implied women are more perceptive than men...I could have easily said "a woman's intuition and a man's intuition..." Got a complex there, pal? 0.o My INTUITION tells me you don't buy a lot of things...