Are you 100% honest with your food diary?

Options

Replies

• SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm over 1000 cals over today due to a hangover :drinker:
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nah. I log things as best I can, even if that means going over my limit, but I won't add things like hot sauce or a sip of someone's soda or sandwich. Or a Crystal Light drink or gum. So my diary can probably vary from about 50-150 calories each day. I'm not too worried about it.
  • x3BeccaBearx3
    x3BeccaBearx3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Id say Im about 95% honest. i measure whatever i can, but dont have a food scale but i estimate as closely as i can.
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I even log gum.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When I first started mfp I logged EVERYTHING! I was obsessed with logging lol. I would log spices, non-calorie items like gum and splenda, etc. Now that I'm maintaining, I let a few things slide ie a bite of someone's dessert or a sip of wine. Nothing major though! If it's an entire glass of wine...I log it.
  • jlemesur
    jlemesur Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yep. I log it all but the data in MFP is not exactly accurate. There is a lot of inaccurate data. So, I am not totally confident in the numbers but it all gets logged.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    It really depends. I've been struggling with bingeing lately, and I've got a bad habit of not logging when I do that. Part of my increased diligence and commitment includes logging even the bad days.

That said, I don't log every single spice or condiment, especially since my husband does most of the cooking! But I also haven't been logging all my exercise, just letting the Fitbit log the activity, so I'm pretty sure I'm underestimating exercise calories as well. On a normal, non-bingey day, I figure it evens out.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes. That is the point. The point is not convenience or ease.The point is to lose weight (for those here to lose). Keeping shoddy records of my calories is not going to help. Estimating and omitting is a slippery slope I tend to stay away from. I know at one point I was forgetting things until much later, but even then I would go back and add it. Being scared that I would eat something and forget completely one day. I started utilizing the fact that MFP is on my phone which is always on or near me and take the few extra moments to log things right away. Especially the odd bits and pieces...way easier to remember a meal.

With all that being said. During my vacation I hardly logged. :ohwell: ...I maintained my same weight. It was dissapointing, but still not nearly as bad as gaining anything back!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Mostly.

I will log the 20 buffalo wings with blur cheese dressing, or similar crazy things I shouldn't be eating.

But I don't bother with condiments or spices. And I don't bother with things that are under 20 cals as long as I'm not overdoing it on them. For instance, I've been on a sugar-free jello kick lately and I make them jiggler style in ice cube trays. 4 cubes comes out to 20 cals. I don't log that, unless I've had a few more servings and it starts adding up.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Everything good or bad! "I bite it, I write it!"
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i am honest... for me its about accountability! I just purchased a food scale & it has really made a huge difference for me. This is really about you - you would only be cheating yourself - Be in it to WIN it. 8)
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Absolutely---that's why my diary is closed. I am totally accountable to me. :smile:
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Absolutely everything.
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I try to be... yes!
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you don't know how many cals it is? Occasionally I eat out or oder takeout, and I never know how to log it.

Are you only eating foods that you know the exact calories in?
  • Heather4275
    Heather4275 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, 100% honest
  • CristinaE721
    Options
    <----Logs in everything but gum and mints.
  • alexapatel
    alexapatel Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't log is if a take a sip out of the milk carton or something of that nature.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you don't know how many cals it is? Occasionally I eat out or order takeout, and I never know how to log it.

Are you only eating foods that you know the exact calories in?

I find something that's similar. There's no way to be completely exact, but if you log everything you can and make educated guesses about the rest, then you can at least look back and get an idea of what you were doing when you were successful and when you were not.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The only person I would be cheating is myself, if I didn't.

Marie