Are you 100% honest with your food diary?

Options

Replies

• ds1007
    ds1007 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I try to - if I'm at work it's a lot easier than if I am out. I find it harder to whip out my phone while out at dinner to track everything (I just find it rude - I try to be present with the people I am with), so I usually try to remember everything and log it later - but I am sure I forget things.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I guess a lot of portions when I'm not in my kitchen. And the supermarket I shop at is one of the less popular ones, so most of their foods don't have their own entry, so I have to use the nearest thing. It's not lying by purpose though. I try and round up when in doubt so I don't go over by a mile!

And I don't log herbs and spices - ain't nobody got time for that!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I log everything! Even like yesterday I literally had like 2 chips and some dip left over from a party...but I logged it!! I don't log the Pam spray though
  • lexif14
    lexif14 Posts: 23
    Options
    absolutely agree with you there no point in lying to yourself
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I try to as best I can, meaning that sometimes the best I can do is log something that is very close to what I had if I didn't prepare it myself I can't always know exactly what was in it or the amounts. I do try to get as close as possible and to make up for the unknow I try to be below my calorie limit each day.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Pretty much, but not always. I don't consider it lying to myself, because I know I ate it. It's lying to people who read my diary log.
    I know I ate those extra calories though, it's not like NOT logging it makes my brain forget I ate it.

If I nibbled a few random snacks that I can't figure out how to log, I just do a few extra jumping jacks or something. No sense trying to log either (to me).
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. I don't log if I eat a jelly bean or two, or a hard candy (20 calories, tops), but I know that I've had them. It's not a matter of being honest or trying to hide them or anything; I simply don't bother. If my weight loss starts to stall, I know exactly where to look first, logged or not.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. The diary is mostly for my benefit. It helps me fine tune my diet so why not be honest.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I try to record everything - If I am not honest it is because I did not eat enough so i pad it a little. My Dr. said 1000 - 1200 calories but I find if I eat under 1200 I get the "starvation mode" lecture from friends!!
    Same here. If my log is not 100% accurate it is because I add something to stop the lectures. Some days I am under 1000 calories and some days I am over 1200, up to as much as 1500. On the low days I seem to become a target. Also, like you, my Dr. approved 1000-1200 calories per day.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I try to.
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    I HAVE GONE A FEW DAYS WITHOUT LOGGING EVERYTHING AND IT SUCKED CAUSE I PAID 4 IT
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    For sure!! You can't get rid of 73 lbs of FAT with out logging EVERY thing!! :):)
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yup. I even log tic tacs..
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I do try. Unless I am not near my dietminder.
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    For the most part. Sometimes I don't have time to measure things out, so I eyeball. My food diary is to hold myself accountable for what I eat. I know what I eat and if I really feel that I haven't logged everything, I don't finish the day.

Same thing for me...mostly I log to keep in mind my portion control, and to make me more aware of what i'm eating--make me think about that brownie before I eat it...most times I put the brownie down :flowerforyou:
  • mmc23
    mmc23 Posts: 42
    Options
    I try really hard. Most days I am tracking every bite, and then there's one day every 1-2 weeks when I stick an approximate number of calories in there and call it good.

I have my food diary set to private, and I think that helps me personally with being honest. I know for some people, it might have the opposite effect. :)
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Do you record every calorie that passes your lips?

Most days! I try but there are times when I'm not. Weekends are my hardest!
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I generally log everything.... now if going out to like a buffet, it's almost impossible to accurately log. I just tend to estimate high
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes, the over and unders. I'm accountable to myself for this to work.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I always try to log as accurately as I can but I remember that at the end of the day 'your body keeps an accurate journal of what you eat' regardless of what you write down.