Are you 100% honest with your food diary?

Options

Replies

• hikr00
    hikr00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Everything but condiments. I just can't get too worked up about logging my ketchup. I probably should but I don't. If it seems like my losses are affected I would though but right now it's not an issue so I let it go.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i never used to be...

but then i locked my diary and i'm 99% honest now :)
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    At the moment yes, as I am still trying to lose, if I was maintaining or trying to bulk then might be less deligent
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Lately I haven't been, and that needs to change......
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Usually yes... even it the items are calorie free (sweetener) I will log it... but, I forgot to log the 1/2 serving of sriracha I had with my dinner.... but not logging that isn't going to make me gain when I keep the deficit I have... I log most of the stuff, but sometimes I forget.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log spices and condiments but if I feel that I have had alot of these I will do a quick calorie add. Sometimes I might forgot something, but for the most part I am honest. No reason lying to myself.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't log things that are 5 or less calories, tea or coffee (I don't use sugar and that teaspoon of fat free milk has less than 10 calories), spices, gum, that one pumpernickle pretzel stick that my coworker let me try...

I don't like/eat condiments so there is nothing to log.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I don't log healthy snacks that I sometimes have after dinner. Mainly because I don't want to log in again. I've been doing this long enough that I know it won't hurt me, as long as I'm still under.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    95%
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    Yep. The only person I would be cheating is myself!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    pretty much, i may forget to add salad dressings or condiments...but for the most part i'd say 95% honest ...stil having a hard time detemining size of portions, need a scale
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Every single calorie! I measure on my food scale and enter the exact amount. Woop some extra work involved but pays off :)

Me too. It's amazing what you 'thought' a serving was - then you actually weigh/measure it. That little scale comes in handy!!
  • bathony
    bathony Posts: 51
    Options
    all of it, even when over
  • csfillmore
    csfillmore Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    probably the only thing I miss is when I eat a sample at the grocery store/Costco, but then again how many calories is a small bite of something?
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    For the most part yes. I dont record multivitamin calories, gum or drink mix calories...mostly because they are either to small or i forget about them.
  • royallv
    royallv Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    <
    ABSOLUTELY! The only person your cheating is your self, if you deceive your self, what else in life are you willing to deceive.

Agreed. Especially if your diary is closed....no one sees it. If you don't log it all you will never be able to find out where you are going wrong in your life change. I even list the cinnamon in my oatmeal in the morning. If it goes pass the lips it goes in my diary.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Absolutely honest. Lying is only lying to myself and that's pretty pointless.

What she said.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I record EVERYTHING. Spices, condiments, the smallest dash or pat of anything goes in my diary. I am OCD when it comes to that thing.