Are you 100% honest with your food diary?

Options

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yes. Measure. Eat. Log.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    No. Spices and all that stuff--I don't ever log that stuff. Also, a lot of times don't log vegetables. I don't think I've ever eaten any enough of any vegetable for it to be over 20 calories. And I'm not eating THAT close to my TDEE.

Maybe I will begin to measure and log that kind of thing when I decide to become a professional fitness model.

Oh, wait. Never mind. Not going to happen.
  • sesker78
    sesker78 Posts: 1
    Options
    Absolutely!!! If you do not....you are only lying to yourself!:wink:
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Absolutely :)
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Absolutely honest. Lying is only lying to myself and that's pretty pointless.

^^^This. I have to hold myself accountable so what's the point lying. That being sai,d I don't go as far as to log things like spices, chewing gum and my one cal oil spray but then I always like to leave a little calorie 'cushion' to make up for theses little extra's.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    99.6% honest :laugh: I don't record if I taste the tomato sauce for dinner to make sure it's right, for example. The other day I ate one grape and didn't weigh it first. So I guessed it at 2g and recorded that. I try but I'm not perfect and I'm not going to flog myself over 1 grape or 1/4 tsp of tomato sauce.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    yep...i even log my vitamins and medecins if i'm sick ;) (yes,cough syrup as plenty)
  • Fatbirdtalking
    Options
    Absolutely ... even on my bad days, I still log it all and move on .... :-)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It's pretty close for food but I don't log every dribble of tomato ketchup or every bit of garlic, say.

I know by now what is significant and I'm happy for my diary to be an approximation.

Given that EVERYTHING calorie-wise is a vast approximation .... from food labels to exercise calories burnt to ...

I also drink plenty of booze on a disGUSTingly regular basis, never logged it.

Do some exercise (but don't 'work out'), never logged it.

That's me though. Got a compliment for being 'skinny' the other day, something is working :)
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yep! I do...everything , every single day...
  • rianne04
    rianne04 Posts: 51
    Options
    Yep! Pretty much! Even though sometimes Im over 800~ calories.. I need to log it in so I can see if it affects my weight loss or not for that week or so.. or so just I can see if I cant have any more extra calories for the next few days. haha
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Yep. I bite it, I write it. I can only think of two or three days this whole time where something or other might have been missed or where I might have estimated wrong.

MFP has tricked me a few times into eating more than I thought I was, though. You'd think people could get something like the basic calories in 4 ounces of raw chuck roast correct when they record, but not always, so when in doubt, double check. This site is free and incredibly useful, random incorrect data is just part of what happens with a database made by other users.

It's okay, obviously it has worked out well in the end for me!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am an honest daily logger. My diary is open, and is an endless source of fascination to my friends as it doesn't look "diet-y" at all. I eat what I like when I like, and log EVERYTHING! I have been known to be more than 1000 calories over, but it all goes down :)
  • Hleaver
    Hleaver Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I often have to guess at my calories so I like to over estimate if i have to estimate at all. Like others have said lying to yourself is pointless.
  • Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How do you log spices?
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    How do you log spices?

.002 of a serving.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    yes, but I might have missed one serving of ketchup from last night.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm not and I know that's why it's taken me so long to lose weight.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It's pretty close for food but I don't log every dribble of tomato ketchup or every bit of garlic, say.

I know by now what is significant and I'm happy for my diary to be an approximation.

Given that EVERYTHING calorie-wise is a vast approximation .... from food labels to exercise calories burnt to ...

That pretty much describes me.

Home made meals can be problematic. Although everything is weighed and measured during preparation, the actual portioning is not, and I'm sure I sometimes have a larger portion than I had recorded.