15 year age difference in dating.

Options

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Way I see it, if the older person doesn't have kids the same age as the younger person, whatevs....and even that isn't a deal breaker.

My cousin and her boyfriend have been together for almost 4 years, have no plans to get married but happily live together and he is older than her dad. He's a great guy and the perfect father figure for her son because he's already a father...
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Robinson. lol jk. I mean...if this is what you want? I don't think the age difference is a big deal. I don't have a good vibe from her though. I am just going to be honest with you. But, if you want to pursue her then it is your choice ultimately.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I went out with a woman that was in her 40's when I was around 25-27 yrs old. You will get looks, but who cares?? It was great, and I wouldn't change it for the world. We had great times, and she was awesome ! I never cared what anyone else thought ... It's was my life, and I was living it my way ......
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    15 years closer to getting the AARP buddy discount!
  • ollisnan
    ollisnan Posts: 9
    Options
    Have fun, we over 40 year olds need love, too!!! LOL

I totally agree! As long as you two are happy with each other, no-one else matters :-)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    15 years closer to getting the AARP buddy discount!

LOVE!!!!! LOL!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My husband is almost 7 years younger (he just turning 30 and I was 36 when we met).

The only thing you should seriously consider (in regards to settling down with an "older" woman) is whether or not its important to you to have children (or more children, if either or both of you already have any).
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i was with a man 15 yrs my senior for 6 years. we are no long dating but we are still best friends. he has custody of the furbabies; i have unlimited visitation rights.

only times the age difference really becomes substantive is gaps in cultural knowledge (e.g. music/movies/tv shoes that i have never seen or heard of because they were produced before i was born) and of course the libido gap. neither of which is insurmountable if there is trust, respect, and love.

not much difference, mentally, between a 30-yo and a 45-yo old, in my experience. MUCH bigger disparity between a 30-yo and say a 20-yo.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    As long as your ok with it who cares what others think!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Hey man, you got a great thing here! I would run with it and see where it goes.

This!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    age is NOTHING!
    its all about if you click or not!
    there is 13 between me and hubs/.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I like the women replying about them being younger than hubby, it's a common thing for the husband to be much older.

OP I was fortunate enough to get mauled by what people refer to as a cougar in my younger days. It's a game changer cause you are dealing with someone who has gotten passed the games and BS and knows what she wants and is honest about it. It is a beautiful stage in a woman's life some get there sooner than others and some never do, they stay bat shlt crazy, but either way if you are dealing with a straight shooter you are in a good place. I would say enjoy the ride while it lasted and don't get to attached cause that is when things get complicated. Think of it as a business deal that will most likely go bad if either part tries to renegotiate.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    O honey, 15 years is nada.

Go out and enjoy, she'll teach you things you'll never learn anywhere else. And if it turns into forever, fabulous! Women live longer anyhow. :wink:

If not, you'll have lessons to take home to the 25 year old :smokin:
  • monarchangel86
    monarchangel86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. If you are happy then go with it. My husband is 15 years older than me and it doesn't bother us one bit.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I like the women replying about them being younger than hubby, it's a common thing for the husband to be much older.

It doesn't matter regardless if the woman is older or younger than the man. Though, I only threw in the bit about my cousin because of the number of years....how many people date someone older than their parents, even if it is only by a year or two?
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Since you're a consenting adult, the age difference is no big deal. Have fun with someone you enjoy. That's what it's all about anyway.

My ex husband is 21 years older than me, and we had a great relationship til he found someone even younger...oops. I'm now dating a man who is 18 years older. To be honest, it doesn't usually even get mentioned much. Sometimes we get an odd look or two, but who gives a rat's butt? It's not for other people to judge.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Age really doesn't mean anything especially if you think she is your ideal woman...If you are compatable and think it could work I say go for it!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT! Get out, quick!

I have no reason for saying this except that nobody else did, and I figured, what's an MFP thread without disagreement?
  • rquantick
    rquantick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My partner is 14 years younger than me and we've been together 7 years and its still absolutely fantastic, go for it! lifes too short to worry about age differences.
    Live life to the full and be happy :)
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My husband is 17 years older than me and because I am so mature we are perfect there is a definite difference in taste of music but we are deeply in love and have fun together go for it!