Jillian Michael's 30 day shred :-)

Options

Replies

• Amanda241174
    Amanda241174 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been trying to find the group danielleburwe was talking about on the last page. She said there is a group with about 175 people starting the 30DS on 3/25. Can anyone make any suggestions about how I can find it. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • rdparsons2
    rdparsons2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I also need major motivation! Every day I start a diet, mess up and then eat whatever I want the rest of the day and then I say "I'll start my diet tomorrow." Sound familiar anyone. I took measurements yesterday because I was planning on starting the 30 day shred. I've never had support but maybe with someone else I will do this. I will start with you today as well and give my %110.
  • rdparsons2
    rdparsons2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for this group. Please let me know if you find it.
  • finnvalley
    finnvalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The forum post address is:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/922275-new-30-day-shred-group-starting-3-25-13
    But I can't seem to open the page...it just directs me to the front of the message boards. I'm fairly new to these forums, but could it be a closed group?
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Definitely would like to join.
  • linzi_mac
    linzi_mac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 and ache all over! When I went to bed last night I could hardly walk and didnt think I would manage the workout this morning. But I did, and it actually seems to have eased the aches.

I stretched out my calf and thigh muscles a bit more at the end though, I dont think the cooldown on the DVD is long enough or stretches you out enough

I really hope I can stick to this!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to say bar the push ups, my upper body strength apparently sucks, not finding it all that difficult at level 1, I started it yesterday enjoyed it well enough and makes a change from pounding away on the treadmill, but I suppose if your starting from nothing It will be a killer,

any one got an idea of calories burned doing it?

I will agree with Scibba and say calories burned always depend on many factors, like age, height, weight, etc. I am 5'8 161 lbs age 38 and when i wear my heart rate monitor on level 1 I burn approximately 200 calories give or take.
  • pannellkat
    Options
    I am on day 3 and ache all over! When I went to bed last night I could hardly walk and didnt think I would manage the workout this morning. But I did, and it actually seems to have eased the aches.

I stretched out my calf and thigh muscles a bit more at the end though, I dont think the cooldown on the DVD is long enough or stretches you out enough

I really hope I can stick to this!

You can stick with it! I was so sore after day 3 level 1, my achilles tendon was in pain, i can barely walk, sore everywhere. I finished day 4 last night and took a hot bath soaked in Dr. Teal epsom salt for 30 minutes and I woke up this morning feeling like a new person! I stretched in the bath as well while I was soaking. I do NOT think Jillian incorporates enough stretching in this video so I advise to do some stretching exercises on your own before and after the video and several times throughout the day. GOODLUCK! YOU CAN TOTALLY DO IT!
  • popefarms
    popefarms Posts: 69
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/12806-fit4life-7-s-30-day-shred

Hope this works for the ones looking for the group starting monday!
  • pannellkat
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/12806-fit4life-7-s-30-day-shred

Hope this works for the ones looking for the group starting monday!

did not work - just takes you back to the main message board. I think that thread has gone bye bye for whatever reason. :-(
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done! I am losing motivation :( But I WILL stick with it :) I think I may do level one for 15 days and then move on (if I am ready)

I need to find another short cardio video though.....Like a 20 minutes video that is not Zumba, and that you don't need any extra equipment for. Any ideas girls?
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Do you need equipment to do this at home?
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Do you need equipment to do this at home?

Usually three pound to five pound weights are used, I believe.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Day 6 done! I am losing motivation :( But I WILL stick with it :) I think I may do level one for 15 days and then move on (if I am ready)

I need to find another short cardio video though.....Like a 20 minutes video that is not Zumba, and that you don't need any extra equipment for. Any ideas girls?
    Burn fat Boost Metabolism is a workout dvd that doesn't use weights. It's also led by Jillian. It's about forty minutes to an hour long, but it combines plyo and body weight training into a cardio workout. It's free on Youtube. Perhaps just stop it around the twenty minute mark and cool down?
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the program and I'm on day 2 of Level 3! I did each level for 10 days straight.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    30 Day shred is a great workout! Stick with it and you won't regret it! Keep in mind to measure rather than worry about what the scale says because you are more likely to lose inches instead of pounds with this workout. Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    I'm currently doing the program and I'm on day 2 of Level 3! I did each level for 10 days straight.
    Level 3 of this seems more difficult than level 3 on Ripped in 30. I guess what I'm trying to say is...way to go! I think I'm going to do 30DS week three now. Wish me luck 'cos I might puke. I ate a big meal about an hour ago yet I can still feel it... but I want to get some exercise in for today.
  • brendiarosado
    brendiarosado Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That program is no joke but I love it! some of the women I work with and I do it after work. Great variety to do we are now moving into week three so when you start don't stop. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    <~~~~ That was after level 2

when I wake up i'm going to do Day 3 of level 3. (8 more workouts to go)
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    <~~~~ That was after level 2

when I wake up i'm going to do Day 3 of level 3. (8 more workouts to go)
    :love: Wow. Way to go!

Didn't puke. Am really tired now. Yay level three. :yawn: