Do you guys eat bad on your birthday?

Options

Replies

• sarahfashion861
    sarahfashion861 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the birthday wishes. I plan tonight to have a big steak with veggies and a few beers :). I think Im going to stay away from cake tonight. Hope everyone is having an awesome day! Feel free to add me. :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I couldn't remember what I ate on my birthday but I have this food journal (MFP) that I keep track with ;)

Your Food Diary For:
    Prev Sunday December 30, 2012 Next

Breakfast
    Domino - Certified Organic Sugar, 3 Teaspoon
    Cream - Half and half, 0.25 cup

Lunch
    Classico Spaghetti Sauce - Tomato + Basil, 62.5 g (1/2 cup)
    Generic - Thin Spaghetti, 1 cup
    Cheese - Parmesan, grated, 4 tbsp

Dinner
    Amanda's Cheddar Chicken Broccoli Soup - Cheddar Chicken Broccoli Soup, 1.25 CUP
    Dominos Pizza - Large (14") Hand Tossed Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza, 1 Slice
    Domino's - Parmesan Bread Bites, 3 Pieces (55g)

Snacks
    Lindt Excellence - Sea Salt - Dark Chocolate, 1.2 squares (40g)

Total Calories: 1,426

I think I did alright ;)
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Had my birthday on saturday, which meant friday-monday was bad and gained all the weight (5 pounds) back I had lost over the last few weeks. totally not worth it
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I had good, healthy breakfast and lunch on my birthday and then splurged for dinner. Which, for me, meant dressing ON my salad instead of the side! I did have plenty of wine, a martini, and a cupcake, though.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Today is my bday! I am going to try to eat healthy :)! This will be a challenge. What would you do if its your birthday?

My birthday just passed around a month ago. Hubby and I went out for a wonderful Greek dinner, and while I made wise choices (he didn't :laugh: ), I didn't log the meal.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I put away an entire pan of lemon bars on my birthday...I'd been craving them for MONTHS, but waited until my birthday and let loose for a day. No harm done!
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    yes.

cake, vodka, waffle house, steak, more cake, and more vodka and yet more cake were involved in my birthday celebrations.

no regrets either.

Happy Birthday to you
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    your birthday is once a year, do what you want. id go mad personally
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    yes! it only happens once a year so go for it
  • KB1ofaKind
    KB1ofaKind Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! It's also my birthday as well. I'm trying to have all of my meals be healthy so that I can enjoy my cake, guilt free.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It was my birthday last weekend. I actually went ate out 4 times. I ate very healthy. Ordered grilled, boiled, or steamed foods. I only ate half of the portions. For example, I had a chicken burritio. I took out the tortilla and just ate half of it. I did not have cheese or sour cream.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It's one day. Go crazy! That's what I would do, and plan to do when my b-day hits... but I have 9 more months before I have to worry about that! :drinker:
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    On my birthday I ate what I wanted to eat and I logged every bit of it. I even had a piece of chocolate ganache cake. I went over my calorie limit but not by much. Enjoy your Birthday!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's just another day I dont celebrate mine anymore
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday. Tomorrow is my birthday, a Wednesday. I'll probably eat within my limits, but come the weekend and all bets are off. Hehe my birthday weekend is where I'll indulge.
  • Tanyaka
    Tanyaka Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always regret over indulging for special occasions.. you say it is just one day.. but there are sooo many special occasions! Christmas.. Easter.. Birthdays for everyone you know.. parties.. sometimes it only takes one bad day to throw you off track and ruin your momentum. For me anyway.

Saying that, you need to be happy and stress free on your birthday!!! I would enjoy all my fav foods without going crazy. I will be having cake without feeling bad, but not eating the whole thing! I wont waste my calories on any old crap, plan ahead and make sure you don't make yourself feel sick the next day!!

My birthday is in a few weeks, I will have normal healthy breakfast and lunch and then enjoy going out for dinner and dessert :D
  • luvmynook
    luvmynook Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ITs 1 day out of 365............I think you can splurge! I plan on splurging on my birthday too, but the next day I'm back to eating properly! You only live once, right?
  • wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    My b-day's next month, and I'll probably eat a week's worth of calories in that one day. I'll start right back in being good the next day, but hey, if I can't be bad on my b-day, I'd rather just stay fat. :devil:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Great timing on this subject - my birthday is next week. I've been wondering what to do for it, haven't done any cheat meals or days yet, I fit my chocolate and ice cream favorites in when I can, so I've been thinking of how to handle that "special day.". My family won't be around, so I"m on my own for it. Last time they deserted me, I got a Baskin Robbins ice cream roll. I may do that again. Okay, I'll most likely do that again.

Whatever I do, I'm going to try to have some fun by myself (pathetic, yes) and come Friday morning, back on track.
  • Charlixoxo
    Charlixoxo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    On my birthday I am going to treat myself. But that's just me...
    If you have a healthy lifestyle all the time, you can afford a treat occasionally! You got to have a life! :)