From a 4XL to a size 8!

Options

Replies

• madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome .... AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Congrats to you! And thanks for sharing! =)
  • sylviag73
    Options
    Wow!! Your story is truly touching and so inspiring.. I do have a question. You mention how getting to the "bottom" or the reason for the problem of overeating?? or did you mention something else..

I suffer from depression and I'm not sure if its due to lack of motivation to live, or because I feel overweight etc.. but although I can say I'm happy I can tell you that no matter how many times I've thought the same thing and once I get off my depression meds I go right back down..

I've had a gastric bypass after weighing close to 300 lbs... Unfortunately, I never got to my goal weight and I'm now at 203 lbs.. Yes its alot less pounds but I'd like to weight less... Alot of it has to do with the fact that I have no motivation or energy EVER to exercise.. since after doing MFP for a few days I can tell that I don't really eat too much - a benefit of having a gastric bypass - So after all this stuff I ask.. Do you think there is some sort of emotional issue that is affecting my life to get to that point of really making an effort to exercise and think more of what I eat and get in shape (something I've never been - since I've been overweight all my life)..??
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!!!!
  • Prtycrzy
    Prtycrzy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration!!! Way to go!!
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! :flowerforyou:
  • zainabel83
    Options
    omg! great job and very inspiring!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow....great job!!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your monstrous success! Am I looking at that right when you set your ticker you made the low end 175 and went 25 lbs past that?

Yeah. I originally set it to 148.5 but then figured I probably wouldn't be able to do that . . . so I went ahead and set it to 175 so that I wouldn't end up disappointing myself if I only got to that. I don't think a big part of me truly believed I'd even get to that when I first started. I have to say that I was SUPER happy the day I broke my ticker though. :D

Sorry I haven't posted other pictures yet. I've been pretty busy this week. I'll get to it soon though!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Your story is truly touching and so inspiring.. I do have a question. You mention how getting to the "bottom" or the reason for the problem of overeating?? or did you mention something else..

I suffer from depression and I'm not sure if its due to lack of motivation to live, or because I feel overweight etc.. but although I can say I'm happy I can tell you that no matter how many times I've thought the same thing and once I get off my depression meds I go right back down..

I've had a gastric bypass after weighing close to 300 lbs... Unfortunately, I never got to my goal weight and I'm now at 203 lbs.. Yes its alot less pounds but I'd like to weight less... Alot of it has to do with the fact that I have no motivation or energy EVER to exercise.. since after doing MFP for a few days I can tell that I don't really eat too much - a benefit of having a gastric bypass - So after all this stuff I ask.. Do you think there is some sort of emotional issue that is affecting my life to get to that point of really making an effort to exercise and think more of what I eat and get in shape (something I've never been - since I've been overweight all my life)..??

Probably. I can't say for sure but I can sort of see a little of the same patterns I went through in your post. I would think that by you mentioning your depression, previous attempts and even asking about the possibility of there being an emotional reason; there may very well be one somewhere.

For me, my eating disorder started back when I was around 10 years old. I didn't really notice it too much until a few years later and then it was really bad from the time I was a teenager until I was 22 or so. It came and passed off and on until I figured out WHY I even began to do it. It stemmed from something that goes back as long as I can remember. I remember sitting there in my therapist's office, crying and talking. I don't think I've ever cried that hard at any other time in my life. My therapist almost cried too. I'm not sure if it was what I had told him or the emotional flood gate I had let open but, either way, I learned something important that day: I was worth a lot more than I had ever thought and what others had done throughout my life didn't mean that it has to impact me for the rest of my life.

No one wants to admit when they're dwelling on something. Some times, there are definite reasons to have the natural human emotional reactions that we were born with. A hard part can be learning the difference on if you're upset because of the proper things or not or if your reactions are appropriate. (ie: Being in tears while mourning over a lost loved one is normal. vs Eating just for the sake of already having given up on yourself is not.) In my opinion, if someone is in tears over their weight and chooses to continue to do nothing about it; they should expect nothing to happen. It's also amazing the difference in mood when you see yourself in the mirror and are genuinely happy with the person you are now AND the person you've always been.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!!!! :drinker:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Wow, you don't even look like the same person, even without the mustache! :laugh: Amazing job!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!! Truly an inspiration!!!! :)
  • OkieGirl40
    OkieGirl40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Great job on achieving success!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Phenomal! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • thinthoughts
    Options
    Great job!!! you look amazing, I hope you feel so very proud of all the hard work you've done :flowerforyou: BTW, Lovin' the 'stache...
  • Grammie4VT
    Grammie4VT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    One word - AMAZING!!!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and congrats!
  • Wendywoo70
    Wendywoo70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG,,, well done you xx
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!