Things that suck about losing weight...

Options
RunningMom42
RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
I can't exactly vent about problems relating to losing weight to just anyone. Most people would be happy to see the pounds gone. Here are a few things I'm feeling sorry for myself about.
-My boobs look terrible and my new bras look like training bras compared to my old ones. (36D to 36B) I'm losing all the weight from the waist up and making no progress on my butt and legs.
-It takes twice the work to burn the same calories. (Yes, I know this just means I'm more fit.)
-I have NO summer clothes besides tech tees and running shorts. And I'm between sizes at the moment so no shopping for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have lost 45 pounds and I'm eager to knock out the last 25 pounds. I just needed to vent. Add your complaints to the list.

Replies

• Aka8941
    Aka8941 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. finding ways to afford new clothes
    2. avoiding weird comments from weird co-workers
    3. the feeling of being "in between"...not quite lost the weight...still working on it...
  • JanisAtki
    JanisAtki Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm the queen of ebay at the moment. I've trawled through for a brand I know and snuck my way down the sizes from a large Aus 16 to a 10 for $10-$20 a pair for $100 retail work pants...... Yet I still have NOTHING TO WEAR every morning when I look in the wardrobe.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    The worst thing ever was when I was on 1200 or less and thought it was what I was supposed to eat and it was so far off from reality so I just ate like a bird thinking all that healthy stuff was how it should be.Yes I did feel full from of all the extra veggies etc but thank god my doctor told me I could eat much more of my healthy stuff and actually enjoy losing weight so I lost just the same and was happier!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    The worst thing ever was when I was on 1200 or less and thought it was what I was supposed to eat and it was so far off from reality so I just ate like a bird thinking all that healthy stuff was how it should be.Yes I did feel full from of all the extra veggies etc but thank god my doctor told me I could eat much more of my healthy stuff and actually enjoy losing weight so I lost just the same and was happier!

this^
    plus the never ending need to spend money on new cloths...
    but seriously the positives definatly outway the negatives :D
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'll agree on the clothes thing. I'm in between sizes and I refuse to spend a lot of money on clothes I won't wear very long, so most of my jeans are very baggy and all of my shirts are pretty frumpy looking. When I put on something that actually fits, I look about 20 pounds lighter than I do in the rest of my clothes! Oh, and nearly all of my current shirts are hand-me-downs from my mom, so they aren't "me" if you know what I mean. I pretty much hate 90% of my clothes. Yes, I know I could go to Goodwill or second hand stores, but I hate spending even that much money on clothes I'll only wear a few months. lol

And I'm cold. All the time. Which is bad enough, but in winter in Minnesota, it's really bad.

But, I think the worst is that I really have no one to talk to about all of this outside this forum and my (poor) husband. Most of my friends either really don't want to hear it, or they are the type to want to offer *unwanted advice. And most of my family have way out of whack ideas about weight loss, but don't want to hear they are wrong.

*By unwanted advice, I mean things of this nature: "you are looking great! How much have you lost?" "About 55 pounds." "That's awesome! Hey, have you tried South Beach/Aitkins/cabbage soup/diet pill/etc? I hear you can lose crazy amounts of weight without trying!" And all I can think is, you just said I look great, I've lost 50+ pounds, so why on earth would I want to try something else that may be unhealthy at best and dangerous at worst?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    only one.,....
    bye bye boobs.
    get a boob job.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Here's mine- people telling me that I "don't need to lose any more weight."

They don't know my body, I do!

I know that I was a knockout at a solid, awesomely toned 135-138lbs, and I want that back! Right now I'm at 147. Just because I don't have a lot to lose doesn't make my goals frivolous or less important.

Rant completed, and thank you for the thread :-)
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'll agree on the clothes thing. I'm in between sizes and I refuse to spend a lot of money on clothes I won't wear very long, so most of my jeans are very baggy and all of my shirts are pretty frumpy looking. When I put on something that actually fits, I look about 20 pounds lighter than I do in the rest of my clothes! Oh, and nearly all of my current shirts are hand-me-downs from my mom, so they aren't "me" if you know what I mean. I pretty much hate 90% of my clothes. Yes, I know I could go to Goodwill or second hand stores, but I hate spending even that much money on clothes I'll only wear a few months. lol

And I'm cold. All the time. Which is bad enough, but in winter in Minnesota, it's really bad.

But, I think the worst is that I really have no one to talk to about all of this outside this forum and my (poor) husband. Most of my friends either really don't want to hear it, or they are the type to want to offer *unwanted advice. And most of my family have way out of whack ideas about weight loss, but don't want to hear they are wrong.

*By unwanted advice, I mean things of this nature: "you are looking great! How much have you lost?" "About 55 pounds." "That's awesome! Hey, have you tried South Beach/Aitkins/cabbage soup/diet pill/etc? I hear you can lose crazy amounts of weight without trying!" And all I can think is, you just said I look great, I've lost 50+ pounds, so why on earth would I want to try something else that may be unhealthy at best and dangerous at worst?

^^THIS

Plus, my husband complains that I'm all elbows and knees now and poke him constantly during the night
  • branditurner13
    branditurner13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When you're making salmon and mashed cauliflower for dinner and your boyfriend comes home with pizza for himself and the kids!

-_- I wanted to cry, it's just not fair sometimes. I even look at a piece of pizza and gain 5 lbs. He, on the other hand can eat half a large pizza and the other half tomorrow for lunch and not even gain a pound.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    When you're making salmon and mashed cauliflower for dinner and your boyfriend comes home with pizza for himself and the kids!

-_- I wanted to cry, it's just not fair sometimes. I even look at a piece of pizza and gain 5 lbs. He, on the other hand can eat half a large pizza and the other half tomorrow for lunch and not even gain a pound.

^^AGREED! My BF has a crazy high metabolism, and used to do this to me all the time. Thankfully now he's on the same page as me, which helps so much.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    As a fat guy my belts were ALL holes. The belts were a long woven lattice and it didn't matter how big or small, if the belt fit around your waist at all, there was a hole. They only make those belts for fat guys.

Oh well, if that's the worst of my problems, I'm happy.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That I have the worst time ever trying to decide who I am choose to date exclusively.... the attractive menfolk are lining up and I am enjoying going out with all of them... but the arses want a freaking commitment......
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The boobs. Definitely the saddest part of my weight loss. 38C to barely 34B. No money for a boob job. So, well, shape wear is my friend!
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    my sternum sticks out
    my butt-bone makes it uncomfortable to sit on hard surfaces
    my rings all fall off
    excess baby-tummy skin
    elephant butt syndrome

and yes, being cold and having sad little raisin boobs
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    1. My bank account
    2. See above
    3. See #1..

I have no other complaint except that everytime I buy a new pair of pants they are loose within a month.

I still eat pizza and I am also always cold.. but that's not really different from before. LOL
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya... as much as I love the pounds that I have dropped, the biggest issue has been that the skin has not bounced back as fast as the pounds dropped away! And that has been with weights (at least up until Oct when I had to lay off the weights for a while).

And then there is the money for the new wardrobe.... I have been doing a lot of thrift shops, and have found some amazing deals that way! If you are leary of thrift stores, go in and look for tags from the original purchase! I got almost an entire winter wardrobe for $45 bucks and almost everything had original store tags on them!!!! It was awesome :)

And unfortunately, I have not lost anything off of the boobs after the initial 20 pounds :( I went from a DD down to a D, but it was at 44 (tight) and is now a 40 lose, yay.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have the boob problem due to my plastic surgeon... Hahaha. I also don't have a money problem. That being said I NEED TO STOP BUYING CLOTHES THAT WON'T FIT IN 2 MONTHS!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fat is an excellent insulator. I lost 40 lbs. of insulation and I've been freezing cold all winter. I'm going to be one of those little old ladies who brings a sweater to the grocery store.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost weight...

1. The clothes in the closet look AWFUL on me and getting dressed every morning is a challenge
    2. I'm not, for whatever reason, motivated to look for new clothes because what I've seen thus far doesn't "spark my interest"
    3. I'm uncertain what to do with the clothes that are too big--do I have them altered or give them away to Goodwill (bc some of them I REALLY like--others I'll release to Goodwill no problem :))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!