Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The Sag & not knowing if that last 10lbs is really that last 10lbs.
    The "you don't need to lose any more weight" comments.

90% of the clothes I own are either too snug or too loose.
    I started almost exclusively shopping at thrift stores after the first 40lbs because it just got too expensive.
    Even when I shop at real stores finding clothes that fit nice is hard.

My extremities are always cold.

Oh, and I can't drink for sheet.
    I'm a lightweight now. LOL!

What am I doing about this?
    Keep lifting & dropping BF% so my skin has a chance to tighten up. (hopefully)
    Tell people "sorry, I was thinking about the 6-pack i'll have this summer. ;)"

I shop at thrift stores & i'm learning to tailor my own shirts & hem jeans. Gives me more options when shopping at thrift stores.

I really can't do much about the cold & this summer I plan to work on my tolerance. :)

:heart: :drinker: :heart:
    Awesome attitude, m'dear!
  • dani127x
    dani127x Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank goodness for this thread. As others have said, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives (haha see what I did there?) but there are definitely some things that have been a bummer since losing all the weight.

1. Boobs are gone which is really sad because there were the only thing that kept my self esteem up when I was heavy.
    2. None of my old clothes look right anymore. I had this one dress that I was really excited about because I figured once I got down, it would finally look normal and cute. Now it just looks like a baggy mess! So much for that.
    3. My parents telling me not to lose too much. As others have said, I know what I'm doing. I don't plan on being a 2lb stick figure but I want to wear a fricken bikini!
    4. I'm always always cold. I lost my insulation blubber and there are days when even my new little best friend Mr. Mini Heater doesn't do the trick.
    5. Everyone trying to give me advice, I've lost this much so I'm obviously doing something right.

Again, all of this pales in comparison to the fact that I'm healthy, I'm less at risk for getting diabetes, and I can run up stairs without dying.

Thank you for posting this thread. Everyone is always saying "don't complain!" but sometimes a little rant or two about some annoyances is completely necessary! Its also nice to know I'm not the only one with all these problems!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'll agree on the clothes thing. I'm in between sizes and I refuse to spend a lot of money on clothes I won't wear very long, so most of my jeans are very baggy and all of my shirts are pretty frumpy looking. When I put on something that actually fits, I look about 20 pounds lighter than I do in the rest of my clothes! Oh, and nearly all of my current shirts are hand-me-downs from my mom, so they aren't "me" if you know what I mean. I pretty much hate 90% of my clothes. Yes, I know I could go to Goodwill or second hand stores, but I hate spending even that much money on clothes I'll only wear a few months. lol

And I'm cold. All the time. Which is bad enough, but in winter in Minnesota, it's really bad.

But, I think the worst is that I really have no one to talk to about all of this outside this forum and my (poor) husband. Most of my friends either really don't want to hear it, or they are the type to want to offer *unwanted advice. And most of my family have way out of whack ideas about weight loss, but don't want to hear they are wrong.

*By unwanted advice, I mean things of this nature: "you are looking great! How much have you lost?" "About 55 pounds." "That's awesome! Hey, have you tried South Beach/Aitkins/cabbage soup/diet pill/etc? I hear you can lose crazy amounts of weight without trying!" And all I can think is, you just said I look great, I've lost 50+ pounds, so why on earth would I want to try something else that may be unhealthy at best and dangerous at worst?

^^THIS

Plus, my husband complains that I'm all elbows and knees now and poke him constantly during the night

meant to be the other way around
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    1) being between sizes
    2) having to come to terms with saying goodbye to people who don't want to hang out since you're no longer the "fat friend"
    3) fighting the urges for sweets
    4) not being able to target where the weight loss is coming from

and for those who are upset about a flabby butt or "elephant butt" as i read in here.... NO ONE is doomed to have a flabby butt. the answer??

SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS

AND THEN SQUAT SOME MORE!!!

Challenge:

take picture of bottom from back and side view (wearing undies or swimsuit bottom of course)

Every day for 30 days....

50 squats
    50 lunges

Day 30... take another picture and compare.

If it's not starting to lift and firm i'll eat my words!!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When you're making salmon and mashed cauliflower for dinner and your boyfriend comes home with pizza for himself and the kids!

-_- I wanted to cry, it's just not fair sometimes. I even look at a piece of pizza and gain 5 lbs. He, on the other hand can eat half a large pizza and the other half tomorrow for lunch and not even gain a pound.

^^AGREED! My BF has a crazy high metabolism, and used to do this to me all the time. Thankfully now he's on the same page as me, which helps so much.

I'm with you guys on this one. My husband can eat anything and he trys to put on a few pounds!! Came home last night to the smell of homemade fries. Thankfully there were none left when I got home and I had my grilled chicken and salad. he is trying to sympathyze with me but he slipped up last night. I can still smell those fris though!!!
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That everything is getting smaller, EXCEPT my boobs, which are never small, anyway. I mean, they are, but not as fast as the rest of me. They are STILL way out of proportion to the rest of me, therefore much more...uhhhh....prominent? I am getting tacky comments from men about them, and it's really starting to piss me off.

I am with you on this! Someone the other day was like way I can really tell you have lost weight in your waist, because your boobs look bigger....they need to get with the program. I know I am never going to be a B, but can't I be a C? I just look weird:(
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    1. Def. the clothes thing. I hardly have any clothes that fit right, but my smaller clothes are still to small. And I cannot afford to buy new clothes right now, especially if they wont fit in 2 months. So I just wear baggy clothes. At least they are comfy:)

2. I have no idea how to take compliments, they make me feel weird.

3. My boobs are not keeping up with the rest of my weight loss, so I look out of proportion. So they look bigger even though I have lost a little bit of them.

4. Def. going to the bathroom every hour.

5. Obsessiving over every calorie and getting to my goal weight.

6. Edit: My mother in law telling me (in a condescending voice) that I will have to keep up what I am doing if I want to keep the weight off. She told me she had a friend who lost 75 lbs (twice) and gained it back both times. So I just need to be aware of that. (Me: Rolling eyes).

I'm sure your horse appreciates the changes though!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I am such a lightweight drinker now. At over 300 pounds I could easily kill 2 bottles of wine and a 6 pack without being phased.

Now a couple of glasses can send me tipsy.

And also the cold and all my loose baggy clothing.

So many more positives though. I am experiencing a new NSV almost everyday now and my life is so much better.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    That I can't stop poking at my new ab muscles.

Yes, the boobies too - almost vanished.

Will take ab muscles on a woman over boobies 9/10 times. :)

:sad:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Sitting on hard surfaces is very uncomfortable.
    No longer fitting in some of the clothes I really liked. I figured once I lost a significant amount of weight, I'd enjoy shopping for new clothes. Nope. Hate the crap out of clothes shopping still and try to avoid it.
    Having to work out. I'm lazy and even after doing this for 2 years, I'd still MUCH rather sit around and read a good book than work out.
  • Mazeway
    Mazeway Posts: 17 Member
    Options

17. Realzing that you will always be an addict and have to remain vigilant against food triggers and log for the rest of your life

definitely this... and bad comments, almost jealous about the lose weight
  • jwhittipow
    Options
    Here's mine- people telling me that I "don't need to lose any more weight."

They don't know my body, I do!

I know that I was a knockout at a solid, awesomely toned 135-138lbs, and I want that back! Right now I'm at 147. Just because I don't have a lot to lose doesn't make my goals frivolous or less important.

Rant completed, and thank you for the thread :-)

Totally this!!!!
  • ComputerHabit
    Options
    YUP!!!
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nothing sucks about losing weight, its F@#$%^& awesome.....
  • ComputerHabit
    Options
    I am such a lightweight drinker now. At over 300 pounds I could easily kill 2 bottles of wine and a 6 pack without being phased.

Now a couple of glasses can send me tipsy.

And also the cold and all my loose baggy clothing.

So many more positives though. I am experiencing a new NSV almost everyday now and my life is so much better.

Amazing change. Congrats.
  • betsycanova
    Options
    Totally agree with the unsolicited advice. I have a lot of weight to lose, just joined this site a minute ago, but lost 55 on my own, but need to shake things up. I've lost weight and gained my entire life. I know MY body and I want NO advice from anyone sitting on the sidelines that never battled what I know as reality, which is morbid obesity. So the last thing I want after taking control, seeing obvious results are naysayers about how I'm doing it or what I SHOULD do! I'm done, feel lighter already!!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    When you're making salmon and mashed cauliflower for dinner and your boyfriend comes home with pizza for himself and the kids!

-_- I wanted to cry, it's just not fair sometimes. I even look at a piece of pizza and gain 5 lbs. He, on the other hand can eat half a large pizza and the other half tomorrow for lunch and not even gain a pound.

I miss getting to eat as much pizza as I want. I allow myself one or two pieces.

As for being cold all the time, your body will adjust. I froze the first winter but my body had adjusted by the second.

The boobs re-shape too!
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Challenge:

take picture of bottom from back and side view (wearing undies or swimsuit bottom of course)

Every day for 30 days....

50 squats
    50 lunges

Day 30... take another picture and compare.

If it's not starting to lift and firm i'll eat my words!!

Love this! Challenge Accepted!
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My complaint is constantly buying clothes as I drop sizes. The same as everyone else, I am happy I lost weight and like the way I look but I am so sick of spending money on clothes. I dropped 3 sizes. I buy a few things to get me through to the next stage then have to buy more. I am currently between a size 4 and 6. I have six more lbs to go and am hoping not to drop below a size 4.

I officially haver zero summer clothes so that will be another whole new wardrobe. I am hoping to lose the last 6 lbs before it gets hot so I dont have to deal with ill-fitting clothes as I did in winter.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    Never being happy with your body no matter how much weight you lose and always seeing that fat person in the mirror :cry:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!