1200 calories per day-what did you eat today?

Options

Replies

• MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

Meal#1-- cereal with almonds and almond milk:
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz) with 1 splenda+ fiber
    365 Organic - Organic Honey Crunch & Oats Cereal, 0.5 cup
    Kelloggs Special K - Protein Plus Cereal, 3/4 cup
    Blue Diamond - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 0.35 cup
    4 Almonds, dry roasted, with salt added,

Meal #2-- tofurky/hummus/PB sandwich on an english muffin & my vitamin :glasses:
    1 clementine
    Trader Joes Chewable Adult Multi-Vitamin
    Tofurky Deli Slices - Hickory Smoked, 2 Slices
    Trader Joe's - Organic Creamy Peanut Butter Unsalted, 1 tbsp
    Trader Joe's - Eggplant Hummus, 0.85 Tablespoons
    Whole Foods - Organic Wheat English Muffins, 0.8 Muffin (hollowed out the center a bit, so I assumed it was about .85 of a whole one)

Meal #3
    Think Thin Bites - Cookies & Cream, 1 bar

Meal#4--- mix the cottage cheese, avocado and chips together to make "evening oatmeal", and a small salad.
    Lucerne - Cottage Cheese No Salt Added 1% Milkfat, 1/2 Cup
    Avocado - 1 Medium, 0.25 of it
    Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 1 cup shredded
    Cole slaw - 1 cup shredded (just cabbage and carrots)
    Galeos - Miso Roasted Sesame Seed Dressing, 1.3 tbsp (my favorite thing of all) :love:
    Savory Thin Mini Edamame Crackers - Trader Joes , 17 crackers

Meal #5-- protein shake and fiber bar
    Nutribiotic Protien Powder - Chocolate Rice Protein, 1 scoop
    Kelloggs - Fiber Plus Antioxidants Chewy Bar-Chocolate Chip, 1
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze - Chocolate - Unsweetened, 6 fl oz

Meal #6
    Tiger Milk Bar - Protein Rich, 1 bar
    Trader Joe's - Fiberful Ends and Pieces, 10 g

It ends up being about 1240 cal, but I also exercised yesterday. :smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    today I had a smoothie for breakfast, smart ones mini cheese burger with a cup of Bear Creek potato soup (it's snowing here today!) and a snack of almonds and mini twix and mini snickers, dinner was chicken fajitas with corn and black bean salad. Would have been under for the day if not for my medicine (tecate)...
  • jlj1121
    jlj1121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    B: 180 calories
    1/3 cup oatmeal with blueberries, 1/2 tsp brown sugar, 1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 orange
    tea with skim and sugar

Snack: 150 calories
    hard boiled egg
    fun size snickers

Lunch: 263 calories
    small chili
    side salad (no dressing)
    1/4 vanilla junior frosty

Snack: 39 calories
    1 carrot w/1/2 tablespoon TJ hummus
    10 blueberries

Dinner: 405
    6 oz. grilled salmon
    1 cup steamed broccoli
    1/4 cup brown rice

Dessert: 116
    2 white chocolate covered strawberries
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I don't usually aim for 1200 calories, but for some reason today it looks like it's gonna happen! I still haven't had the banana, too full after lunch, that'll be when I get home from work about 2.30pm, and I simply won't have time tonight to snack after dinner as I'm at a rehearsal all evening! Think I'll stick a glass of juice in with dinner to bump it up a bit because I should be around 1500, but if I don't, one day won't hurt.

Breakfast 236
    Liddells - Lactose Free Skim Milk, 250 mls 87
    Uncle Tobys - Oats - Quick Sachets - Variety Pack, 1 Sachet 133
    Sugars - Granulated (sucrose), 1 tsp 16

Lunch 382
    Healthy Food Guide - Fettuccine Carbonara, 1 portion 382

Dinner 399
    Healthy Food Guide - Cowboy Casserole, 1 portion 369
    Birds Eye Steamfresh - Broccoli & Cauliflower, 1 cup 30

Snacks 222
    Bananas - Raw, 1 large (8" to 8-7/8" long) 121
    Flemings Body Plus - Mueslie Bar, 22.5 g 90
    Kiwi - Fruit, Medium Without Skin, 0.5 medium 11

you'll have to see http://www.healthyfood.co.nz for those two recipes to see what's in them :D
  • amysj303
    Options
    hey, sassyg, what is Healthy Food Guide? sounds promising.
    I was right about 1200 today.
    Breakfast: oatmeal with almonds (200)
    Lunch: pita pocket with a slice of ham and reduced fat provolone (300)
    snack: one reeses peanut butter cup and fun-size skittels (160)
    dinner: tortellini with Classico tomato basil and 5 Rosina's homestyle meatballs (450)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Its a magazine here, health and fitness, but for the normal person, iykwim. they put most of their recipes and stuff online on their website too http://www.healthyfood.co.nz
    its not super-low-cal recipes, but more good calories.
  • mitze90
    mitze90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5am - Half a protein shake. (90cal).
    8am - Tuna/chicken salad. (200cal)
    11am - Banana and grapes. (150cal)
    2pm - Apple and baby tomatoes. (110cal)
    5pm - Protein Shake (after the gym). (180cal)
    7pm - Normaly something involving meat with loads of veg and no potatoes. (makes up the remaining 500 calories).
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    This is my plan for today and it comes in at just under 1,200.

Breakfast- instant oatmeal with honey
    Snack - mango and passion fruit smoothie
    Lunch - pitta filled with extra light phildelphia and roasted vegetables and a carrot
    Snack - 1 pack raisins
    Dinner - homemade salmon burgers with green beans and sweet potato fries
  • amysj303
    Options
    well, I think I am done eating for the day.
    Breakfast: crepe with 1 tablespoon of Nutella
    Lunch: 6-inch subway melt on wheat, no cheese, some light mayo
    Dinner: Tortilla with tomato sauce, mushrooms and mozzarella
    Snacks: mini kitkat, funsize bag of peanut M&Ms

That's about 1120 calories. I need to go to the store! that dinner was some desperation. but better than the Totino's party pizza that was in the fridge. Still, no fruits and minimal veggies:(
  • amysj303
    Options
    I really need to go to the store! I ended up getting chinese at lunch today so I am not sure if my calculations are totally accurate for this stuff.
    Breakfast: 1/2 cup cracklin oat bran with 1/2 cup 2% milk, 8 almonds (250 cals)
    Lunch: cup hot and sour soup (160 cals) 1/2 veggie egg roll (65 cals) kung pao shrimp, about 1 cup (345 cals) and about 1/4 cup brown rice (620 cals)
    Dinner: haven't decided, whatever I can scrounge up that's about 300 cals!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    BREAKFAST:
    1 cup Bolthouse Farms C-Boost juice
    1 cup Great Value frozen fruit
    DESTROY IN BLENDER FOR IMMUNITY MONSTER SMOOTHIE! MWAHAHA!

MORNING SNACK:
    Kashi TLC Dark Cherry Chocolate bar

LUNCH:
    Peanut Butter & Banana Taco
    (1 slice Sara Lee 45 cal bread, Peanut Butter & Co White Chocolate PB, 1/2 banana)
    1 cup Over The Moon Chocolate Milk

AFTERNOON SNACK:
    Large apple

DINNER:
    3/4 cup hamburger helper potatoes stroganoff with mushrooms & french fried onions
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    have to ask, being English and all...what is an English muffin?

is it what we call a crumpet? http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1331502/2/istockphoto_1331502_crumpet.jpg

haha that's funny because when I read what you had eaten I thought to myself, "I don't know half of what she's talking about!" Yeah I think an English muffin is a crumpet but they average around 100 cals and aren't a real "bakery item" if that makes sense. :wink:

How funny because I've always wondered what a crumpet was! :)
  • laurie5
    laurie5 Posts: 3
    Options
    What I tried to do is eat yogurt around 6:00 am 117 cal, breakfest bar at 10:00 am 130 cal, lean cuisine around 200 cal or sandwich at lunch, and salad or sandwich, lean steak and veggies, soup around 500 cal, and a rice krispie for treat 90 cal, fresh fruit fat free pudding. I always drink flavored water or teas with splenda 0 cal. But I always take one day out of the week to eat what ever I want. It makes me stick to my diet.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    To whoever is from Australia and was mentioning about the pb in cereal and oatmeal, I'm from the US but due agree that it's kinda odd, yet again this is my first time hearing of doing that

while at school I usually have
    breakfast: eggs and/or a bagel with cream cheese and sometimes yogurt
    skim milk
    lunch; pasta or a sandwich
    small salad
    dinner: pasta
    salad

I know not many options nor protein choices at school

Home during summer like now
    breakfast: cereal or oatmeal
    fruit
    lunch: sandwich
    skim milk
    dinner: whatever my mom makes which I save 500 calories for any remaining calories I have dessert
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options

is it what we call a crumpet? http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1331502/2/istockphoto_1331502_crumpet.jpg

haha that's funny because when I read what you had eaten I thought to myself, "I don't know half of what she's talking about!" Yeah I think an English muffin is a crumpet but they average around 100 cals and aren't a real "bakery item" if that makes sense. :wink:

The picture of the crumpet looks nothing like an english muffin. A crumpet does not look very healthy.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

The picture of the crumpet looks nothing like an english muffin. A crumpet does not look very healthy.

Neither do English Muffins, LOL!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I had to google this whole crumpet vs. English muffin thing and they are not the same thing, apparently, accoridng to Wisegeek, "Crumpets are flattened round breads which are cooked on a griddle or in a skillet. They are closely associated with English society and culture, and are sometimes confused with English muffins. Although the crumpet and the English muffin share some characteristics, the two foods are in fact very different. Furthermore, because of the cultural associations with crumpets within England, many British people will not appreciate people who lump the two foods together. Classic crumpets have a smooth round bottom, and a top riddled with small holes. They are served fresh from the griddle or toasted, and can be topped in jam or clotted cream, although butter is the traditional crumpet topping. Crumpets are never split, unlike English muffins, and they have a slightly bland flavor and spongy texture which absorbs butter remarkably well. The concept of toasting crumpets over a fire is often associated with companionable rainy days in British fiction.

For people who are still confused about the differences between crumpets and English muffins, remember that crumpets have a holey top, they are not split, and they are far less "bready" than English muffins tend to be. It is believed that the English muffin may have been invented by someone who was trying to replicate the crumpet, which explains the commonalities between the two. The recipes for English muffins and crumpets are also very different, with crumpets being made from batter and English muffins being made from a dough. Because crumpets are made from a batter, they must be cooked in metal rings called crumpet rings or they will lose their shape.

To make crumpets, combine one tablespoon of yeast with one half cup of warm water and one teaspoon of sugar. Stir together and allow to sit until foamy, approximately 10 minutes. Warm one and one half cups of milk and add them to the yeast mixture, along with one teaspoon of salt and two and one half cups of flour. Stir the batter together and allow it to sit, covered, in a warm place for about an hour. The batter should start to rise and then fall in on itself.

When the batter is ready, oil a frying pan or griddle and arrange crumpet rings on the griddle. Make sure to leave enough room to maneuver, and heat the pan on medium. Scoop batter into the crumpet rings and cook the crumpets until they set, which will take around 10 minutes. Do not be hasty when cooking crumpets, as you want the top to cook and you do not want the bottom to burn. As they cook, small bubbles will start to form in the top. Remove the crumpets from the pan when the top has cooked, or slightly before if you intend to toast them. Repeat until you have used all the batter, and serve with butter or allow the crumpets to cool before storing in an airtight container for consumption later.
  • lrberchielli
    Options
    On a good day I will have:

Breakfast - 350 calories
    Oatmeal (instant) topped with Raisins and almonds (measure out the raisins and almonds until you are good at guesstimating.
    7 oz orange juice

Lunch - 175 - 200 calories
    Spinach and strawberry salad topped with some kind of white cheese (feta is great) or mini veggie pancakes with applesauce and light sour cream
    Banana or carrots on the side (I love something sweet at the end of a meal)

Dinner - 400 calories
    Burrito (homemade) with a spinach wrap, brown rice, black beans, cheese, Lettuce, tomato, avocado, and sour cream

Snacks
    Fat free yogurt - 110 Calories
    Light cheese stick - 60 calories
    Bowl of some kind of berries-50
    Depending on if I have the calories I will add a square of chocolate 50-70 calories (sometimes I eat it even when I don't have the calories-hopefully I exercised on that day).

I am having a problem getting enough protein on some days since I don't eat meat. Maybe I will start adding a protein powder.
  • amysj303
    Options
    ok, I went to the store today and I am going to eat better this week. Today I was way under but I wasn't very hungry I guess. I went out to breakfast ordered a bloody mary and the eggs Benedict with hollandaise on the side and just touched my fork in it. I entered it like I ate the whole thing, but I ate the other half for lunch (total lunch and breakfast 560 cals). I had a latte I made with coffee and milk and caramel syrup and for dinner I ate a crepe with Nutella and strawberries and blueberries.
    That all came to about 1000 calories, but I am probably missing some of the calories associated with going out to eat.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't eat super healthy either. I'm too lazy to buy all the little added sides and ingredients. I stick with pretty mainframe foods: eggs, turkey bacon, rice, fish, chicken. I'll even add some fries if the calories allow. I bet the fat content can't be good for these things though. The fat, calories from fat and sodium is the killer.