1200 calories per day-what did you eat today?

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Today I was around 1200, but I am not sure it's totally accurate, I had leftovers for lunch and it was a chicken taco. It wasn't Chipotle but I used that one.
    So breakfast was Activia with berries and almonds
    Lunch was chicken taco on soft corn tortilla with three slices of avocado
    Snack was an asian pear, one starburst and a caramel
    Dinner was spaghetti with lean ground beef, tomato sauce with a green salad and slice of wheat toast with spread and garlic salt.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump...thanks!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Today I indulged at breakfast to get to 1252c for the day- awesome!

I bought a muffin so yea, its like 410 calories 15g of fat but it fits in my day plus eating this at 7:30 am is the best way, I’ll do my best to burn it off to the day. If I have to jog to the printer at work 10 times, so be it!

Breakfast: Druxy’s Muffin
    Snack: granny smith apple
    Lunch: 1 cup frozen vegetables
    Snack: red pepper slices and grape tomatoes
    Dinner: foot long ham Subway sandwhich – I’m headed to the cottage tonight, I need something easy! It has 2400g sodium which is high so I was thinking about the chicken breast one (not the strip one – that has the same high amount of sodium) but that costs more (I only buy deals, I’m frugal like that;) and its 60 calories more – booo!
  • amysj303
    Options
    yeah heathersmilez, eat your muffin if you want your muffin! and I get the Subway footlong for $5 and make two meals out of it. The key is to not have them toast it, so I eat one half cold and the next day I remove the veggies and toast it in the toaster oven and it tastes pretty good. I get the "subway melt" which is turkey, ham and bacon, but I skip the cheese and it still comes in under 400 cals.
    I have been doing a good job eating more fruit this week! I make a smoothie of banana, strawberries blueberries mixed with milk and water and 2 tablespoons of sugar, blend with ice-very yummy and about 250 cals.
    Lunch is a Smartones for 300 cals (steak and ranch sandwich today, pretty good)
    Dinner I making pork loin chops, grilled with a baked apple/brown sugar/butter topping, green salad and half a sweet potato for about 450 cals.
    I snacked on an orange and a few cherries.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Fiber one oats and chocolate bar
    Java coffee shake (1cup NF milk, 1 tbls mini chocolate chips, 4 splenda packets, dash cinnamon and ice)

Lunch
    Huge (3 cups) mixed organic green salad
    10 grape tomatos
    3oz tyson grilled chicken breast strips
    15 italian seasoned croutons (crushed, I like them small I feel like I get more)
    I tbls EVOO
    2 tbls balasmic vinegar

Dinner
    2 cups mixed salad greens, tomatoes, and croutons
    wishbone italian spray dressing about 20 squirts
    2 cups progresso light chicken noodle soup

Snacks
    2 tbls creamy peanut butter
    3 stalks celery
    fiber one bar

total = 1287 calories and completely full!
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Today was as follows:

Breakfast: Yoplait Yogurt Lemon Parfait (I know this should be the biggest meal but this works for me!)

Lunch: Grilled Chicken Thigh
    Small mashed Potatoes with gravy
    Water with lo-calorie sweetner

Dinner: CheeseCake Factory-Boston House salad with reg. ranch, no croutons
    Chicken Potstickers
    Unsweet Tea w/Lemon
  • lolyno
    lolyno Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    tag
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    12 oz black coffee
    Kellogg's - Frosted Mini Wheats Blueberry, 18 biscuits
    Silk - Light Soy Milk Vanilla, 1 cup

Lunch
    Fresh and Easy - Finely Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, 1/8 cup
    Kroger - Potato Bread, 1 slice
    H-E-B - Turkey Breast - Somked Peppered, 2 slice
    Potatoes - Russet, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia)
    Hormel - Chili Turkey No Beans 98% Fat Free, 0.4 cup
    Vlasic - Jalapeno Slices, 9 rings, 1 oz

Dinner
    Dryer's Slow Churned - Yogurt Blends Caramel Praline Crunch Single Serve, 1 container (5.8 oz)
    Dale and Thomas - Gourmet Smoked Cheddar Cheese Kettlecorn, 1 cups

Snacks
    Generic - Flank Steak - Cooked, 1 oz

About 1100 calories. Looks like more :)
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    12 oz black coffee
    Kellogg's - Frosted Mini Wheats Blueberry, 18 biscuits
    Silk - Light Soy Milk Vanilla, 1 cup

Lunch
    Fresh and Easy - Finely Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, 1/8 cup
    Kroger - Potato Bread, 1 slice
    H-E-B - Turkey Breast - Somked Peppered, 2 slice
    Potatoes - Russet, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia)
    Hormel - Chili Turkey No Beans 98% Fat Free, 0.4 cup
    Vlasic - Jalapeno Slices, 9 rings, 1 oz

Dinner
    Dryer's Slow Churned - Yogurt Blends Caramel Praline Crunch Single Serve, 1 container (5.8 oz)

Snacks
    Generic - Flank Steak - Cooked, 1 oz

About 1100 calories. Looks like more :)

and yes, i did have frozen yogurt and popcorn for dinner. i just realized how odd that is.
  • h31d1
    h31d1 Posts: 3
    Options
    breakfast:
    iced coffee
    banana

morning snack:
    mandarin

lunch:
    3x vietnamese chicken rolls

dinner:
    steak
    steamed brocoli, carrot and sweet potato
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am trying to get back to the 1200 cals per day this week.
    Today I had a Thomas English Muffin 100 cals with a tablespoon of almond butter for breakfast. A Smartones thai chicken and noodles, 260 cals. For a snack I had a fun-size snickers and dab of peanut butter and jelly on carr's water crackers, for dinner I had white breast meat rottisserie chicken w/out skin and uncle ben's whole grain medley and green salad.

I went to the grocery so I can have smoothie's for breakfast and get more fruit, I got greek yogurt to go in them because it has more protein than milk.
  • kimmie1013
    kimmie1013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 1 cup
    Kashi Go Lean - High Protein & High Fiber Cereal, 1 cup
    Blueberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 1 cup, unthawed

Lunch
    Weight Watchers Smart Ones - Fruit Inspirations Orange Sesame Chicken, 1 Package

Dinner
    Generic - Boneless Beef Eye of Round Steak, 1 oz 45 0 3 6 0 0
    Homemade - Iceberg Lettuce Salad W/ Tomato and Cucumber , 1 cup
    Generic - Canned Red Beets, 1/4 cup
    Home Made - Baked Potato, 1 potato 5.3oz

Snacks
    Breyers Double Churn - Chocolate Ice Cream, 1/2 cup 130 17 6 2 1 0

Totals 1,166
    Your Daily Goal 1,200
    Remaining 34
  • amysj303
    Options
    I had a banana blueberry smoothie for breakfast, 232 cals
    Lunch was a Healthy Choice potstickers, 260 cals
    Snack was a piece of Belgian chocolate (53 cals), Jello vanilla pudding (130 cals) and Quaker blueberry mini rice cakes (110);
    Dinner was taco salad with kidney beans, ground beef, lite catalina dressing, and half a tortilla, I also used some greek yogurt for sour cream (325 cals), pretty good...
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello everyon,
    I love all of this sharing!! I want to start by telling you all I have had GREAT success using the magazine COOKING LIGHT!! IT IS AMAZING!! It gives you all of your carb, cal, fats and other counts that you want to keep track of. I have never had anything I did not love out of it and it really helps keep me from getting tired and frustrated by having to eat the same thing or boaring things. GIVE IT A TRY, YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY.

That being said, I did not cook tonight.

For breakfast I had Cheerios 1.5 cups w/ Truvia - If I do not eat cheerios I will eat fresh fruit or I will make an omlet from Egg Beaters. Almost no calories and no carbs unless I add in veggies and low fat cheese.

Lunch I had a salad and a frozen Healthy Choice meal

Tonight I had 2 brats on Saur Kraut. It is a little higher in fat but very low in carbs that I was already at my daily limit.
    Today was not my best day but I did stay 1202 calories and 180 total carbs, I usually like to keep my carbs closer to 150.

Good luck everyon and keep sharing the ideas.
  • Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    English muffins are NOT crumpets!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crumpet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_muffin

There's a difference in ingredients and the method of cooking.

:)
  • ymrussell
    ymrussell Posts: 4
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: ciabatta roll stuffed with chicken, red onion, jalapeno peppers, rocket & low fat mayo - low fat crisps and low fat cup-a-soup

Dinner: Home made spagetti bolognese
  • DChalloner
    DChalloner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Instead of beer or wine, try vodka and diet tonic with a lime...very refreshing an low calories. I would steer clear of the lean cuisines at lunch - the sodium content defeats the purpose of your 1200 calorie goal. Instead try some low sodium Boars head turkey, a slice of swiss lorraine cheese, cucumbers, durkees on a multigrain sandwich thin (arnold) or hummus and carrots with a a few slices of turkey or chicken breast (from leftover roasted/grilled chicken at dinner)
    Hope these ideas help!
  • velvetechos
    velvetechos Posts: 234
    Options
    have to ask, being English and all...what is an English muffin?

is it what we call a crumpet? http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1331502/2/istockphoto_1331502_crumpet.jpg

haha that's funny because when I read what you had eaten I thought to myself, "I don't know half of what she's talking about!" Yeah I think an English muffin is a crumpet but they average around 100 cals and aren't a real "bakery item" if that makes sense. :wink:

My husband is from England - he says the English muffins look sort of like crumpets, but texture is totally different.
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    My 1200 is:
    Breakfast: Special K red berries 40g ish & 100ml ish skimmed milk & a coffee
    Snack: Slimfast 99 cal chocolate caramel bar & a pint of water
    Lunch: 2 boiled eggs & 2 pieces of wholemeal bread
    Snack: Banana & a pint of water
    Dinner: MASSIVE tenderstem brocolli stir fry with 3oz of grilled chicken, 1/2 pack of blue dragon garlic & chilli sauce
    Snack: Apple / Grapes / Chocolate digestive (one of these I suspect, I have not got there yet!!)
    Add to that about anoter 2 pints of water, 4 cups of tea with skimmed milk no sugar & a couple more coffees (don't say it, I know!)
    Sorts me out for the day!
  • SilverRoxy
    SilverRoxy Posts: 64
    Options
    I saw your post and it definitely made me smile...I have no idea why we call them English muffins. But when I spent time in London, I remember that crumpets were a little doughy (squishier) than English muffins.