Favorite HEALTHY cereal?

Options

Replies

• jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been either oatmeal or bite-size shredded wheat or my latest tasty discovery, Trader Joe's bran flakes. I have all of them with vanilla soy milk. Sometimes I add PB2 to the oatmeal, or if I'm feeling really indulgent, a little maple syrup. So good!
  • tigergirl59
    Options
    I like plain old shredded wheat or corn flakes. No sugar added. Fresh peaches or plums are good with both. I like baananas too, but they have the starch load of a potato, so I try to stay with stone fruits or berries.
  • NattyCANTOO
    Options
    I've been eating Simply Nature Organic Whole Grain Oat cereal (which is basically cheerios). I measure everything out: 1 cup cereal, 1/2 cup milk, and I add 1/3 cup blueberries. Cereal doesn't seem to keep me full so I always pack some fruit and yogurt for a mid morning snack. Also, its not cereal but I like to recreate the egg mcmuffin at home. I use an English muffin (whole grain if I can find it), an egg, a slice or two of deli sliced ham, spinach, and Munster cheese if my calorie budget will allow it. A lighter option for the cheese is a wedge of laughing cow spreadable cheese (35 cals instead of 80).
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean Crunch
    Peanut Butter Puffins
    Cinnamon Life
    Any kind of granola... Yummo!

I don't really buy breakfast cereal anymore, I try to stick to plain whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, and multigrain hot cereals. But the above are my favorite go-tos when I have to have cereal. :)
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Original Cheerios is my favorite but shredded wheat is great too. Steel cut oats is my go to hot cereal.

This is a pretty great list too though:
    1. Captain Crunch
    2. Captain Crunch Berries
    3. Captain Crunch Oops All Berries
    4. Cinnamon Toast Crunch

In no particular order
    :bigsmile:
  • Kauaiartist
    Kauaiartist Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Is Oatmeal in cereal category? I love a nice whole cut oatmeal - not the instant kind - doesn't take that long to cook up - and it's so nice to have something hot - great with a little vanilla rice or soy milk and if you like some fresh fruit - filling - healthy breakfast!
  • NattyCANTOO
    Options
    WHY?!?! Why would any advertise like that?!? :noway: Terrifying!!!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodforlife.com/products?tid_1=10&tid=All + Tablespoon of Truvia.

Best in terms of ingredients i have found so far.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This seems really popular but, Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax with unsweetened almond milk ! Soo good and crunchy :)
    Sometimes When I feel like doing a little extra I will mix almond milk with splenda, real vanilla extract, and cinnamon before pouring it on my cereal !
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch, but honestly regular oats and honey isn't bad either.
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Cup full of Special K Alomond :)
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 80 Chocolate Kind!.. Yum!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat whole wheat Total most mornings... but I'm getting a little bored with it. I do sometimes put a little banana on it to spice things up... curious what cereal everyone is liking....

I don't eat cereal often, but I like Kashi Heart to Heart and several of the Cascadian Farms cereals. Probably the toasted oats (Cheerios type) is my favorite, especially with strawberries and walnuts added. I don't really care for any hot cereals.
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Special K Strawberry & Dark Chocolate!!! *I eat a cup of this dry when I'm craving sweets.
  • GemW27
    GemW27 Posts: 41
    Options
    Rice Krispies... Can someone PLEASE tell me if they're healthy?
    They're the lowest I can go sugar wise.
    And I have 2 (big) bowls a day so if it's not healthy I'm screwed!
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My favorite "healthy" cereals are Oatmeal and Kashi. I also love Grape nuts but they are very high in calories!! Can anyone tell me the difference between regular oatmeal and the steel cut oats? And the advantage of the steel cut since they are supposed to be better for you?
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love Grape Nuts or Shredded Wheat.
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    British Cheerios for me. Not that healthy, but a little bit of sugar doesn't hurt me. Plus it's made with mixed whole grains over here so I get more variety.

Edit: I think this might be the same thing as Multigrain Cheerios in the US.

Oatmeal on days when I don't feel like sugar cereal though.
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean
  • LaurenEileen74
    LaurenEileen74 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Cheerios