Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Options

Replies

• LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter may just be the world's most perfect food.

That is all.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter may just be the world's most perfect food.

That is all.

unless you're a peanut. :huh:
  • pinkcloudrising
    Options
    I hate you right now. You know I am sitting here waiting for dinner time and you just HAD to go and mention my favorite recipe.

*Stalks off stomping her feet and flops down in the corner chair pouting*
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    OK if you REAAALLLLY wanna get wild.......... here's what my BFF and I eat before every long run. two slices of 12-grain bread, creamy (yes i said it! creamy!) peanut butter generously spread on one side and lightly on the other. On the generous side, press half of a thinly sliced banana. On the other half, lightly drizzle with honey and then moderately or heavily sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Press that sucka together and there you have it! The pnut butta pah-nana hunny nut power-wich. We :heart: it. We eat that plus a shot of vodka before every run....... (j/k on the vodka, unless it's a night time fun run, otherwise it's a 5-hour energy and a bottle of water).
    BTW I should add that we eat this about an hour and a half to two hours before the run time................

This actually sounds really good!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    A PB&J sandwich is worth every single calorie!!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Here's a fun one. My husband used to eat peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches as a kid. I do not allow Miracle Whip in the house, so he is SOL...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    OK if you REAAALLLLY wanna get wild.......... here's what my BFF and I eat before every long run. two slices of 12-grain bread, creamy (yes i said it! creamy!) peanut butter generously spread on one side and lightly on the other. On the generous side, press half of a thinly sliced banana. On the other half, lightly drizzle with honey and then moderately or heavily sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Press that sucka together and there you have it! The pnut butta pah-nana hunny nut power-wich. We :heart: it. We eat that plus a shot of vodka before every run....... (j/k on the vodka, unless it's a night time fun run, otherwise it's a 5-hour energy and a bottle of water).
    BTW I should add that we eat this about an hour and a half to two hours before the run time................

This actually sounds really good!

Yes, I am really going to try that this weekend for my long run.
  • AyySixPack
    AyySixPack Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Does the type of peanut butter matter ? Because all I have right now is pure Skippy regular peanut butter and extra crunchy but I say this because skippy has hydrogenated oil and I have heard from alot of people that that is a bad ingredient in peanut butter ?
    please help cuz im dying to have a pb&j sandwich
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    1) get some whole wheat bread. preferably fresh.
    2) get some peanut butter. preferably extra crunchy.
    3) get some jelly. preferably grape or strawberry. preserves or jam will work too.
    4) take a single slice of bread and place it on plate.
    5) dip a tablespoon into the peanut butter twice, and each time spread the tablespoon of peanut butter on the slice of bread until completely covered.
    6) take a second piece of bread and hold it in your hand.
    7) dip a tablespoon into the jelly twice, and each time spread the tablespoon of jelly on the new slice of bread until completely covered.
    8) put the piece of bread with jelly on it together with the piece of bread with peanut butter on it such that the jelly and peanut butter are in full contact with each other.
    9) put away the peanut butter, jelly, and bread and clean up after yourself
    10) enjoy.

:bigsmile:

LOL, This makes my night! How ever did you kno?
    Or are my pb dipping skills that universal?
    lol
    Im proud of my double dipping in the jelly jar
    I love the way the pb&J get all smeared 2gether
    I don't wait to lick the spoon or knife
    That's a secret, tho...so shhhhh
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    evenly spread same amount of PB over both slices of bread and sub jelly with either honey or dill pickle chips....

pb+and+pickle.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you Byn?!?! You don't eat pb with dill pickle chips!! Jeezz :sick: :flowerforyou:
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A PB&J sandwich is worth every single calorie!!

THIS EXACTLY! :)
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    JUST EAT IT! lol
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh.. that looks so good. Im totally going to try that tonight!
    Does it really taste just like a Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich??? Incredible!

Yes... and foodies can vary the recipe by toasting the bread first.

pbj2.jpg

This sandwich is upside down. The peanut butter has to be on top!

OCD?

I'm usually not OCD at all but it bugs me the Subway makes their subs upside down, and they are supposed to. The meat goes on bottom, veggies on top, not the other way around.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    evenly spread same amount of PB over both slices of bread and sub jelly with either honey or dill pickle chips....

pb+and+pickle.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you Byn?!?! You don't eat pb with dill pickle chips!! Jeezz :sick: :flowerforyou:

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! X AGAZILLIO, FATRILLION YEAH'S
    I thought I was the only one that knew about PB and Pickles on toast.
    ITS SOOOOOOO DANG GOOOOD!!!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :flowerforyou:

pb+and+pickle.jpg

i hate to be the one to tell you, but you're pregnant.

nope, I just love pickles!!! see, look at my profile pic... that's not a green *kitten*, it's a pickle

LMAO WOOOWWW Thank you for the laugh!
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Crunchy PB with blackberry preserves. ZOMG.

oh and for mini PB&J's..... spread PB on Strawberry Fig Newtons. *mouthgasm*

omg...WIN!!!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Does the type of peanut butter matter ? Because all I have right now is pure Skippy regular peanut butter and extra crunchy but I say this because skippy has hydrogenated oil and I have heard from alot of people that that is a bad ingredient in peanut butter ?

"Peanut butter contains both good unsaturated fats, and bad saturated fats. Fortunately, the majority of fat in peanut butter is unsaturated. One serving size, or 2 tbsp., of peanut butter provides about 190 total calories and 140 fat calories, or about 16 g of total fat. Of these 16 fat g, about 13 g are from unsaturated fats and 3 g from saturated fats."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/378181-is-peanut-butter-a-good-fat-or-bad-fat/

VERDICT --> eat your PB&J sandwich. you'll be fine! :drinker:
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Hydrogenated oil = Trans fat, which you want to avoid at all costs.

I'm against throwing food away, so I would say, finish the jar you have and then buy peanut butter without any hydrogenated oil in it.
    Best for you are natural peanut butter whose only ingredients are peanuts and eventually salt.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

Hydrogenated oil = Trans fat, which you want to avoid at all costs.

I'm against throwing food away, so I would say, finish the jar you have and then buy peanut butter without any hydrogenated oil in it.
    Best for you are natural peanut butter whose only ingredients are peanuts and eventually salt.

"a U.S. Department of Agriculture analysis of 13 brands of peanut butter found that the amount of partially hydrogenated oil was so small that trans-fat levels weren’t even detectable. And there’s good reason to keep some peanut butter in your diet: About 80 percent of its fat is the healthful, mono- and polyunsaturated kind."

http://news.consumerreports.org/health/2010/03/trans-fats-does-peanut-butter-contain-trans-fat-partially-hydrogenated-oil-lowering-cholesterol.html
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You skipped a step ... unless someone added it later in the thread. You forgot LICK THE SPOONS!