• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You should do what everyone's partner's and coworkes on here do:

Sabatoge her by lowering her self esteem and over feeding her
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better she probably isn't as attractive as you think, it's probably your own projection.

This man has a point... and he knows beautiful women! Just check out his FL. :wink: :laugh:
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my bestest friend ever is just like you are describing GORGEOUS and i mean it. BUT i love her and wouldnt change a thing about her. she is gorgeous inside and out and i love her much
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    It must be so nice for some of you to come on here and be like "get confidence" like I can buy it at the drug store or something.

Maybe you can't buy confidence at the store but you sure as hell won't find the answer you seek HERE. Unless this is exactly what you were seeking. Look, everyone is paying attention to you now.

That may seem harsh but it's how it's coming across.

ETA: You ARE beautiful.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better she probably isn't as attractive as you think, it's probably your own projection.

Yesterday I was on her facebook messaging her and one guy I work with was like HOLY **** WHO IS THAT and they all crowded around my computer staring at her... so my projection must be widely shared.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    It must be so nice for some of you to come on here and be like "get confidence" like I can buy it at the drug store or something.

You are only as beautiful as you perceive yourself. And remember that beauty is NOT only skin-deep.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    What you are never going to look like: your best friend.

What you are always going to look like: you.

Life's too short to want or worry about what you will never be. Embrace your beauty!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Yesterday I was on her facebook messaging her and one guy I work with was like HOLY **** WHO IS THAT and they all crowded around my computer staring at her... so my projection must be widely shared.

You know... you should talk to her about this. I'm sure she would tell you that getting that type of attention all the time isn't as great as you think it is.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to work on your self esteem.
    not wanting to be friends with someone because they're better looking than you...
    yeah i don't even know how to respond to that.
    and from what you said she knows it bothers you, but there's really nothing she can do about it if she has natural beauty.
    i'm sure she loves you and accepts you for who you are, and you need to do the same, or that isn't a very good best friend to be. (you not her)
    pretty much what i am trying to say in a nicer way, is deal with it. we all can't be gorgeous.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

everyone has their own insecurities. I did for a LONG time and it took me changing my lifestyle and seeing my self worth before I got it back. That, and getting out of a toxic relationship helped. Also, I am certain I paid you a very nice compliment.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Life's too short to want or worry about what you will never be. Embrace your beauty!

Another good point!

Man, my friends are smart! :flowerforyou:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You ever stop to think that maybe she feels the same, damn way?

How hurt would she be to find this thread? I know I would be absolutely crushed if I found my "best friend" really felt this way.

We all have our insecurities. Even the girls that appear to "have it all." Stop letting yours get in the way of a good friendship.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You're very beautiful yourself (even if I feel creepy saying that to someone so young) From the look of your profile you're a talented artist with a number of interests, you're pretty funny and that's a kick *kitten* ripped skull t-shirt.

Don't worry about her. You've got a lot of great things going on yourself. You must to have her for a friend. Instead of looking at her as competition try realizing that you're two amazing girls and you're lucky to have each other.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    If you are dead serious about pictures message me. I'm not going to post them here on fear she'll see it (not like she needs to lose weight) >.<
    But i'd appreciate you not messaging me back like "OH NOW I GET IT! YOU LOOK HIDEOUS NEXT TO HER!"

I have talked to her about this, in long deep crying best friend conversation. She cried, because she doesn't want me to feel that way. Neither of us can help it, I guess. I AM insecure, that doesn't mean that if I had all the confidence in the world that this situation still wouldn't be hurtful.

actually, she CAN'T help it, but YOU can. Don't compare yourself to her or anyone else, for starters. You will be much happier.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I don't know why, but that helped.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    If you are dead serious about pictures message me. I'm not going to post them here on fear she'll see it (not like she needs to lose weight) >.<
    But i'd appreciate you not messaging me back like "OH NOW I GET IT! YOU LOOK HIDEOUS NEXT TO HER!"

I have talked to her about this, in long deep crying best friend conversation. She cried, because she doesn't want me to feel that way. Neither of us can help it, I guess. I AM insecure, that doesn't mean that if I had all the confidence in the world that this situation still wouldn't be hurtful.

Uhm . . yeah. I'd like some pictures of your fine friend to evaluate as well.

Are you actually considering handing out pictures of your "best friend"?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    And that sentence is exactly not the way to go about. We all have to work on ourselves...all parts of us. It's just as important to take care of your mind as it is your body.

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."

tumblr_m9rpzezXXG1r04xyvo1_500.png
    tumblr_m2ys2i75aW1qiaxgbo1_400.jpg

There's a lot of things below the surface that people do not see. I'm sure your friend has problems as well. Mens attention is not as glorious as people make it out to be...I've heard people complain about how perfect and happy a friend of mine is....And I know they were completely oblivious to what went on in her head and had the same problems they were complaining about and then some.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

OMG, I am responding before finishing reading the comments. But, do not send photos of your friend to random men on the internet. NO friend would ever do that!!!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You're very beautiful yourself (even if I feel creepy saying that to someone so young) From the look of your profile you're a talented artist with a number of interests, you're pretty funny and that's a kick *kitten* ripped skull t-shirt.

Don't worry about her. You've got a lot of great things going on yourself. You must to have her for a friend. Instead of looking at her as competition try realizing that you're two amazing girls and you're lucky to have each other.

^^THIS!! Brett knows what he's talking about!! :flowerforyou:
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have a best friend like that too-she's literally the definition of beautiful. And although I get jealous, you just have to think about all the positive things about you.