Options
124»

Replies

• BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's not that hard

eZnRNtm.gif

It's hard when you don't want to eat junk, man. TAKE YOUR RIPPED BODY AWAY FROM ME just kidding :)
    Yeah, I just generally don't eat sweets unless I seriously have a craving, and I don't eat chips/fries/things like that. I love vegetables. I go hard on those baby carrots. So hard.

So why not dip those baby carrots into something that is higher calorie? I love a honey mustard dipping sauce, but ranch dressing or hummus would be equally as tasty.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's not that hard

eZnRNtm.gif

It's hard when you don't want to eat junk, man. TAKE YOUR RIPPED BODY AWAY FROM ME just kidding :)
    Yeah, I just generally don't eat sweets unless I seriously have a craving, and I don't eat chips/fries/things like that. I love vegetables. I go hard on those baby carrots. So hard.

So why not dip those baby carrots into something that is higher calorie? I love a honey mustard dipping sauce, but ranch dressing or hummus would be equally as tasty.

Yesterday I had some baby carrots dipped in mashed avocado with tabasco and pepper :)
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I am suppose to be eating 1200 calories and I am usually 200-30 calories short. I am eating 3 meals and 2 snacks. I eat A LOT of salad with no dressing. I have never care for dressings. When I go for my short walks, it tells me to add 90 more calories. I am always over on my proteins. =(
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared of dietary fat. That's Sooo 90's ;-). I go over in fat every day (mostly healthy fats- and some because I love beef and pork-one an only eat so many boneless skinless chicken breasts). But yeah, I eat full fat cheese, nuts, real ice cream, and full fat bleu cheese dressing (measured, of course) and I think I've done okay :-).

I agree! You look astounding :) I don't eat pork, red meat, or food with bones in it, though. It just bothers me, and has bothered me forever. I'll occassionally eat a hamburger though. You know what I really love, though? Fudge bars. I've never feel one for dessert, but I love fudge bars. And Ben&Jerry's. But you can't be a woman a not love B&J's heheh

Agreed. Chunky monkey is my favorite.
  • pterradactyl
    Options
    That's been my problem for basically all my teen years--I overeat really bad if I don't try to keep track, but then when I try to count calories I end up starving myself and don't lose anything. I totally get what you mean about losing the hunger if you ignore it, but that's usually not a good thing. It's like your body has given up on you listening to it lol. I think I'm finally at a point now where I can lose weight in a healthy way, but that's after years of messed up eating and unhealthy dieting. You just have to go for it, and don't take it too hard if you do give up and binge. It's still better to try and get into healthier habits than to not eat enough.

If your problem is just not feeling hungry, maybe plan out your food for the day and set a schedule for yourself of times when you -will- eat something that you've planned out in advance. After a while you'll probably start to feel hungry again.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I am suppose to be eating 1200 calories and I am usually 200-30 calories short. I am eating 3 meals and 2 snacks. I eat A LOT of salad with no dressing. I have never care for dressings. When I go for my short walks, it tells me to add 90 more calories. I am always over on my proteins. =(

Add some nuts and avocado to your salads. And cheese if you like that.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Eat more...if it helps...eat 5-6 times a day...every 2-3 hrs...after awhile it will get easier...I also had a hard time eating more...not my problem anymore ;-) AND I workout a "ton"... only cause this girl likes to eat, ha!!

I'm just afraid that if I get into eating a lot again, I won't be able to stop and I'll just gain all the weight back :(

I can't help but wonder if it's this ^^^^

I have seen a bunch of similar posts, and I have wondered if it's just "OMG I am so worried about going over" subconsciously....I think I have felt that myself.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    All the fear you have around food is just going to the other extreme and is bound to lead to you simply completely giving up eventually through sheer frustration and boredom. Isn't it better to find that balance now and learn how to eat for life in a natural, sustainable way, which includes birthdays and various special times of the year ? Sure, if you hate pizza, chocolate, ice cream, full fat yoghurt, then leave them out, but the fact is, the sugar in your low fat foods, and the various additives designed to add taste where the fat has been removed is way more likely to stall weight loss. I have full fat yoghurt, butter, cheese, nuts, sometimes pizza and ice cream, dark chocolate, and It is not affecting my weight unless I overeat it. Full fat dairy is fine, unless you are intolerant.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1333513/dairy-dilemma-full-fat-can-be-good-for-you/

Another thing is that fat is filling and this can help you eat less in the long run. A spoon of peanut butter or a serving of cheese can go a long way, especially if combined with a piece of fruit. You do your health a disservice by under nourishing it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Raise your hand if you think OP will give up within 2 months because she'll cease being able to avoid all those foods she loves? That she'll end up binging on the things she's been craving but denying herself, and quit logging when that happens?

OP: eat the food you love. It's important. It's sustainable. It's healthy as long as you stay in your calorie and macro goals.
  • amandacepstein
    amandacepstein Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the threads on the Eat More group. Lots of experience there with going too low on calories and coming back up and how that all works. There's room to eat foods you enjoy. It will make you less likely to binge if you eat them in moderation.
  • Cook_27
    Cook_27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! Mine says to intake around 1600 calories and I have trouble getting 1200! I eat all three meals and am not starving either. I want to lose but also eat better so I've been eating more sandwiches and salads and tonight I ate 4 tacos...still under calorie goal. I don't understand.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    I had a hard time at first, because I was afraid to eat certain foods. I am suppose to eat 2100 because I fast a couple of days a week. I started increasing with nuts, nut butters, olive oil, cookies, chips, etc. Some food is healthy and some food is not so healthy, but my lifestyle change is to eat at a deficit and not cut out everything I like. I do eat in moderation though. It will work out for you.
  • LadyAppeal690
    Options
    I have a similar problem as well.
    Where can I find a calorie chart of all foods and food substitutes?
    Tried drinkin some milk product ' liquid nutrition ' but all that did was upset my stomach for 2 days and the results wasn't prety. Don't know if I'm lactose or if I have IBS. So confusing.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well lets see here obviously eating to many cals is the reason why your in this perdeiciment if you could eat tons of calories before why cant You do it know!
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My salads usually consist of spinach, romaine, 1/2 small avocado, string cheese and 2-4 oz of a protein (chicken, turkey or fish) or a boiled egg. I have started adding 5 ritz crackers for a treat and bonus calories.

I will pick up some raw almonds and maybe dried cranberries to add as well.

Thank you for the suggestions!
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time too! I was full at 1000-1200 calories. I was stalled at the same weight for a year, with doing workouts such as 30 day shred, TurboFire, Jogging, etc for 5-6 days a week! Now I'm eating my 1700 everyday and I'm losing! Just set your day into calorie blocks. Like breakfast (400), snack (300), lunch (400), snack (200), dinner (300-400).. add in a couple extra ounces of veggies or meat, and more whole grains and nuts, drink whole milk instead of skim, and use olive oil! These have definitely helped me and hope they help you!! :)
  • Cook_27
    Cook_27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was really bad about eating fast food since I'm always on the go, and I loved my Dr. Pepper. So when I cut those two things out I started eating better but that vastly cut back my calorie intake. My appetite seems smaller (can't complain) but I also don't want my body to go into starvation mode when I am not even hungry. Guess I'll try to add some nuts into my daily diet to help