Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options
Hello, I am looking to create a support group for other 40- 50 ish people who are experiencing the effects of the dreaded aging. I am 51 year old female, working w/ a trainer and journaling each day yet having a hard time losing the weight. I hear the hormone stories and the aging stories yet I have been a believer that good nutrition and exercise are key. Looking for others interested in support, sharing tips, or who have the ablility to be positive and motivating. Interested?

Replies

• jujuki47
    jujuki47 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    count me in pleeze?
  • ChangingDad
    ChangingDad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    44 and fighting it everyday...not so much the hormones of course but pretty sure I'm stuck with the love handles and there are days where it's only the motivation of friends and my kids that keep me going. Count me in.
  • TeaGuy55
    TeaGuy55 Posts: 4
    Options
    Count me in. 58 and fighting the downhill slide daily.
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site but interested in joining. 48 and have finally taken back control of my weight and health issues.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've lost 45 pounds and getter closer to goal. I feel like I'm aging backwards.
  • skinnyinmt
    skinnyinmt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    GREAT for you!! I am with you! I did all the responsibility thing early - worked hard w my career... now playing hard and enjoying my life more than ever. I say we are like a fine wine getting better everyday! :)
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Almost 44 here, full menopause (surgical) so I know what you mean about hormones and the challenges of keeping ahead of aging. I have learned that exercise and diet have so much more effect on hormones and the side effects of menopause then any medicine will ever have. I am not growing old gracefully, I plan on kicking butt the entire time :laugh:
  • skinnyinmt
    skinnyinmt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well Hello!!
    Thanks for responding and joining! I am not that tech savy so not sure how we keep a group open but I am sure together we will figure it out. I am meeting w/ a private fitness trainer tomorrow who helps women/men interested in fitness and body building competitions to be successful. I've been stuck for a bit and getting frustrated. I am happy to share tips he gives me. Would love to hear any tips/advise you all have. I have my diary/journals open so please feel free to review. I love licorice and a nice grey goose and tonic now and then so please don't tell me to give those up, lol!! Looking forward to creating a supportive community.
    Thanks!
  • jabadahut
    jabadahut Posts: 16
    Options
    52 fighting weight and diabetes
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    I'm in! 52 and started working out last June along with meeting with a dietician. The weight just isn't coming off :(
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Count me in. 53 here
  • aidensanma
    aidensanma Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me too, 53 and slow going but I am winning!
  • Ilovepasta68
    Options
    45 and feeling the same.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Turning 50 in July. I've been on maintenance for almost 2 years but still looking to improve myself. Peri-menopausal so totally get the hormone thing! Count me in please :)
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    join me in please sounds like a great idea.

45 here...wait.....what? 45??!! when did that happen?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    44 here...me too please. ::Looks around::
    there sure are a lot of us, we roll mad deep yo :bigsmile:
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested...will be turning 45 this year.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]8488541.png[/url]
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    46...I've been here since April 2011 and am a half-marathoner in training. :drinker:
  • deedee303z
    Options
    Sure! 45 yrs old and lost over 40 lbs so far...would like to lose another 20 or so.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Almost 44 here, full menopause (surgical)

Me too, with the menopause thing. Fun, ain't it? :laugh: