Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• rmd_fitness
    rmd_fitness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Does almost there count? I will be 40 in June!
  • khaki302
    khaki302 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 52 years young! Through focused eating and workouts I am losing weight and feeling better. Blood pressure much better! I'm in it to win it too!
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would love more friends at this age. I am 43. I reached my goal weight 10 years ago but find maintaining my weight harder to do. I would love to support everyone and get advice from people who understand where we are at this stage of our lives.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 52 and been here for about 2 years. I am a runner, training for my 3rd half marathon.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Count me in! may not be dropping pounds like a mad woman, but overall health is the main goal.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have a question for the group. I would like to do more with weights. Are there good videos with instruction? Now that I am closer to goal I really need to build some muscle.
  • Katness1515
    Katness1515 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can be added. I fit in here. I am 42 trying to get healthy and fit. I journal everyday. Determined to stay on track this time!
  • boyz4us
    boyz4us Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    May I join you? Here is a bit about myself. I am 46, a wife, Mother of 2 boys, and a nurse. I am a runner although it does not come naturally to me. I am currently in training for my 3rd Half marathon but I tend to do a lot of training for an event and then dropping off the running wagon and having to start from scratch each time. I began training for this particular Half in January. I also tend to gain weight during training. Although I know quite a bit about cleaning eating, exercise, running, etc I am very "hit and miss" with my consistency. I ran my first 5K of the year this a.m. and developed shin splits at about mile 1-1/2 and that was very discouraging to me.
    I plan to really hit it beginning tomorrow. Today I am cleaning out the refrigerator and packaging up healthy fruits/veggies/snacks into one portion sizes. I will also go through the freezer and see what I need to stock up for lean proteins.
    I have used MFP off and on but mostly only to plug in my weights and have never been very active on the message boards. I was excited to find this particular board of similar aged people. I feel determined to stay on the right track this time!
  • teeduran
    teeduran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Add me Please :happy:
  • boyz4us
    Options
    46...I've been here since April 2011 and am a half-marathoner in training. :drinker:

Not sure I am doing this correctly-so hoping this reply goes to the right person. When is your Half-marathon and what training plan are you using?
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, i am 59 & have lost 59 pounds since june 2012! i would love to add you as a friend!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Count me in each day is another challenge
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    Count me in each day is another challenge

• boyz4us
    Options
    Is this a group where we can write what we are doing daily and our achievements/struggles or people just wanting to add friends? I would like to be in a group.
  • tiggersized55
    Options
    count me in and or add me 55 years old hoping to loose 55 by my birthday in jan 2014 ! need the support and motivation :happy:
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 52 and been here for about 2 years. I am a runner, training for my 3rd half marathon.

Congratulations
  • heidi0201
    Options
    Just turned 40 and I'm ready to take control! Count me in. :)
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    Don't know about anyone else but I love being 47, I am proud of the fact that I am here. At 36 I had a stroke and survived. I feel younger, sexier and more capable than I did when I was younger if I can be an insperation to anyone please feel free to add me, I am a daily logger and give honest advice xxxx
  • scoopsgalore69
    scoopsgalore69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in please. I'm 51 and not liking where the scale is headed. I put on 15 pounds in 1 1/2 months which I don't recall ever doing before. I'm not liking my body and my current weight which is heavier than I've ever been in life.