Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• lissentmosley
    Options
    I'm turning 45 next year and I'm looking to lose25lbs
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    I'm 44. Count me in!
  • lissentmosley
    Options
    My breakfast today was special k with almond milk and a banana
  • VAFJCruiser
    VAFJCruiser Posts: 31
    Options
    I fell of the bandwagon and realize I need this site and support to help keep me motivated. I am 45 6'4" and currently tipping teh scales at 249lbs. I need to get to 220lbs. I am open to all friends and appreciate the support.
  • cindy4361
    cindy4361 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi! I am 45 and looking friends for motivation and tips to help me along my journey to lose 45lbs. Is this group still open and available to join?
  • SteelLadybird
    SteelLadybird Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    43 here and slowly getting back on track. Love weight training. Would love to join the party :flowerforyou:
  • StevesSweetie
    StevesSweetie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I am 42 mom of 5 (ages 20, 16, 14, 12, 2). I have some medical issues that have made me realize that I need to lose weight and get in shape. Looking forward to meeting new friends and support in the process..
  • christinealexis
    Options
    sure! Count me in! :)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and willing to support anyone of any age, young or old. I started my weight loss efforts on April 1 and have lost 17 pounds so far, about 2 pounds a week... I cut out all junk food, eat a mostly plant based diet, and drink a lot of water. Food planning and always having ingredients for a quick meal in the fridge has really helped me. I exercise by walking outside and have started C25K. I feel wonderful and am so glad I found MFP. The food and exercise logging is really helpful.
  • rochgirl23
    rochgirl23 Posts: 3
    Options
    would love to join. i am a 59 year young girl. menopause, hormones, and the inability to lose weight sucks. it's important to
    educate and take charge of your health. if you haven't already, kick male doctors to the curb. the best of both worlds is a female
    doctor who is not afraid to recommend alternative medicine. as far as exercise, you are so right. cardio is an everyday thing...ok one or two days off...one must enjoy life. i too have a personal trainer...best thing i ever signed up for. ok, i'm rambling...i hope you and others, (and moi) can share our thoughts and offer motivation.....
  • Morgaine613
    Options
    I would also like to join. I am new to the site and find myself, after 7 years at a sedentary job, 100+ pounds overweight. I am now 42 and I work from home, so it is so hard to find something to do OTHER than eat :). I hope to be able to find some friends, share some stories, motivate and be motivated in return. Nice to meet you all.
  • jenniferdeer
    jenniferdeer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    almost 45.... add me to the "club"

looking forward to the extra support
  • Lorinda40
    Lorinda40 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I'm turning 42 this year. I have decided to take my health and fitness more serious. I too have been finding it is definitely not easier now that I'm older. I'd love to see the updates for tidbits you'd like to share. Every little bit helps. :) I'm pretty sure I have everything set up to be open. I haven't added to many friends on here but would love some.:) Sharing is a good way to stay motivated for sure!
  • soprano611
    soprano611 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in! I'll be 42 next month. My twin sons are headed to college this Fall. The dog will miss 'em as much as I will.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    please count me in.

I'm 59 and though certainly losing weight isn't as fast as in younger years, it's been slipping off at a pretty nice clip now that I finally know more about how to do it. Learning more all the time and most important finally practicing the skills that will keep it off.
  • DAttaway0727
    DAttaway0727 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 42, new to the site and looking forward to kicking fat and feeling better each day
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You can count me in too! I'm 52 and would love to add more friends on the site!
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'll join your family.
  • michelegreen99
    michelegreen99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Count me in! At 51 I find it is harder and harder to stay in shape. My doctor has me taking 200 mg of progesterone this past 5 months and now weight will not come off. I'm not giving up though!
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump for later