Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• alexarae5
    Options
    44 and fighting the battle everyday, count me in
  • alwayskungfu
    Options
    Im 49 and happy to help anyone fight the fight
  • demmy2012
    demmy2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, count me in please. Just turned 46 years and I believe in determination and focus. In need of motivation too. I have been getting support from friends but more motivation will go a long way.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    48 I have a lot of health issues. Some weight related. I am aiming at losing 45 lbs by the end of the year, give or take a few. I will be ecstatic if I lose 40 and you won't get me to shut up if I lose over 50.
  • 4cofferloss
    Options
    Count me in 50 yrs old and going strong...trying to get fit again and knock off 20 - 30 lbs and keep it off...I work out 1 hr. 4 - 5 days a week. I am 184 now and would like to get as close to 160...anything past that I don't believe I look healthy.
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    And me! 43 and struggling with the weight and general feeling of blah that accompanies it. Working to eat better and exercise!
  • tlrushia
    tlrushia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    45 here. Have been struggling all my adult life with my weight, but sure has been a lot worse since I hit that wonderful age of 40.. Would love to talk with others in the same boat..
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just added you :)
  • KellyJoDay
    KellyJoDay Posts: 14
    Options
    Add Me if you like I will be 49 June 5
  • taxevazion
    taxevazion Posts: 6
    Options
    Count me in...
    I'm 47.... Currently I have lost 65 lbs...
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm in - about to be 56 and losing the same 5-8 pounds for past two years :)
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    Recently hit the big 40....anyone wanting to add me please do so. I could also use the support.
  • cicigavgab3
    cicigavgab3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend and count me into group
    ....I am feeling the same struggles....I had lost 28 pounds easily 3 yrs ago and then last year with the stress of my first , and oldest child going off to college put 18 of it back on...this time around it has been slow but mfp has been a big help!
  • ghayes1954
    ghayes1954 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 58! Doing 1200 and doing Zumba and strength training. 11 lbs. gone and 45 to go!
  • ekmanning50
    ekmanning50 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I will be 50 next month. I can sure relate to hormone changes and hot flashes, too!!! Exercise does seem to help decrease them, though.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Count me in. 46 and fighting the hormones. 46? How the hell did that happen?
  • jholston13
    jholston13 Posts: 1
    Options
    51 and everyday is a struggle to get this weight off. It comes on so easy, but is so hard to get off. I'm in. I could use all the support I can get.
  • KeisterButton
    Options
    Another soldier battling the hormones and adipose here!

I am 45, getting the cortisol spikes, hot flashes.

I started last year with some RL buddies, slacked off, gained six pounds, and came back without my buddies to learn how to fit into my clothes again! Is there a group, or do we collect the "feel free to add me!" members? In any case, feel free to add me. :smile:
  • oceanturquesa
    oceanturquesa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same age.....fighting to loose weight....count me in