Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• Junebugsc
    Junebugsc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Count me in! Anyone is welcome to add me. I am 45!
  • Debra6430
    Debra6430 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this but would love to be included. I'm a minute shy of fifty and have been gaining steady for the past 3 years, time to reverse that trend.
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This whole topic is full of age discrimination! And discriminating is wrong!
  • shipwreck1967
    Options
    Almost 46, let myself go. Now trying to regain my youth, and want to live long enough to see the Cubs go to the World Series.
  • lilhank44
    lilhank44 Posts: 1
    Options
    Love this idea! I'm 45 and realize that it's easy to have the pound creep up on you! I think journaling will help to see the weight change, the food going in and exercise or lack of! Seeing it in black and white should help and having friend see it might hold me more accountable. So please include me in this group, I'm new, just started Monday. A couple years ago I realized how much weight had snuck on (35lbs) and I worked really hard to take it off and now fighting to maintain!
  • maltor711
    maltor711 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I'm new to the fitness pal site, but not to weight loss. Please count me in, I am 46. Have lost 47 pounds so far and would like to lose another 20. We have been doing weight loss challenges at work for a couple years and I will say for that group, accountability and support are the KEY factors.
  • Ladylouwolf
    Ladylouwolf Posts: 39
    Options
    Count me in! Seems so much harder as we age!!!
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 52 and I constantly yo-yo between 178 and 185 but I'm determined to get to 170 and if possible 165 (my wrestling weight in high school). I joined 3 days ago and never did a food log until now and didn't realize all of the calorie traps. Between the logs, some light TRX workouts and cutting the grass, I've already dropped over 5-8 pounds. I'm hoping to reach my goals to set an example for my wife and kids to follow.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, count me in.
  • slybaby1
    slybaby1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    41 next month...
    Can you spell premenopause! lol
    I'd love to join the group:)
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I turnd 50 this past February and have a lot of weight to lose. Count me in, send a friend request, whatever we need to do to get the weight off and get healthy.
  • slybaby1
    slybaby1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Befriend me?:happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,617 Member
    Options
    49 and a 49er fan so this is my year!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hwold454
    hwold454 Posts: 9
    Options
    50 and stuck at a plateau
  • taxevazion
    taxevazion Posts: 6
    Options
    What is everyone doing to loose weight? I have cut out all "fast food" with the exception of Subway. I am mainly on a plant based diet. I haven't cut out all of the meat. I typically eat about 8 ounces of grilled chicken breast, 4 ounce servings twice per week. I eat salad daily with ranch on the side. I eat fruits and vegetables daily. I am down 67 pounds as of today.
  • svance72
    svance72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and I'm trying to make it. So far, I have lost 6 pds, but I have also gained as well. Looking for something I can stick to for the long haul....This app does keep me motivated...
  • mickeym0use45
    Options
    I'm "new" again, and would love to be part of a group of 40-50. I'm not looking to be the next top model, just the next top me. I battle with fibromayalgia and hypothryroidism. I get discouraged on my bad days and would love some support to get me over those humps.
  • WoodNymph64
    WoodNymph64 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in....49 and trying to stop the deterioration and turn it around if I can
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    50yrs and scale is not moving would benifit from encouragement and compassion.Thanks
  • taxevazion
    taxevazion Posts: 6
    Options
    My breakfast today was a Subway 6" flatbread sandwich with egg white, lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, onion, black olives and jalapeno.