Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• DizzyTyke
    Options
    Count me in, just turned 50 and off treking to Peru in 2 months time.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Please count me in also.. I'm 51 and totally dedicated to succeed! :bigsmile:
  • belinda301
    Options
    Please count me in. I'm 52, 5'6", and weigh 268. I started this journey back in Oct 2010 weighing in at 278. Lost 33 lbs and but all but 10lbs back on. This has been so hard for me. I made a decision back in March to get back on track. I I get up at 5:45AM and hit the gym. But for the I have not seen any results. I'm trying not to be discourage. Any suggestions? All are welcome. :sad:
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and just getting back into the swing of exercising and eating right again. Feel free to add me.
  • Katie18660
    Katie18660 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'm having a hard time finding the words for this post b/c I'm so bummed at my lack of success in losing weight. Now, I am a registered nurse so I am educated in what I need to do to make it happen. I need to find my motivation because, when I'm there, I'm fully committed and can accomplish a lot. I've completed marathons by sheer mental and physical determination. Of course, I was 40 pounds lighter and much fitter then. I turned 50 this year and feel it is now or never. Sorry to be a bummer.
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Just turned 59 this month. Gotta keep an eye on my health by losing some weight, exercising, staying around like-minded people, and staying positive.
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Count me in. 52 in August.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    44, still don't feel my age however injuries don't heal up as quick. One thing I am sure of is that I am in a better mental and physical state than I was in my 20's and even 30's.

Haven't really been too fussed about getting old. Would like more like minded people. trying to explain stuff to 20+ year olds is hard work.

Count me in.
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Love to be part of this. I'm 44 and finding losing weight five times as hard since hitting an early menopause. Feel free top add me, cos I too would love to hear everyone's ideas...
  • Syndri
    Syndri Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! It was definitely so much easier when I was younger!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Twist my arm! :smile:
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Used to love listening to "I can't drive 55.":

Starting with next week's birthday, everywhere I drive I'll be 55.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    40 and started at 111kgs just over 2 months ago. Fought with my body for decades, determined to finally turn the tide b4 it's too late ;)
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Me too ????I'm about to turn 41 and I'm feeling as fit if not better than I was in my twenties even though I'm a stone heavier ( but im wearing the same size clothes as before too )
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 49, you can add me to your group and I'd be happy to share what is working for me..:flowerforyou:
  • wcaldwelld
    wcaldwelld Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    49 here have lost a bunch but last few months its creeping up again!!!!
  • 1twinmom
    1twinmom Posts: 3
    Options
    Just turned 54 last Friday, never had a weight problem until menopause. This is a battle but I am determined to get back to pre-menopausal weight.
  • MichelleP816
    MichelleP816 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in, 51 years old and I could always use motivation!!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    45 - count me in
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Count me in too! 44 and finally taking care of myself. It's taking more determination and discipline to lose the weight now than in the past.