Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• uknlv18
    uknlv18 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, just turned 49 here although I thought I was only turning 47 until I did the math! lol Got a lot of weight to lose and would like to have help and motivation, and give a bit as well. So add me if you would like to!!
  • paulanthony9596
    paulanthony9596 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can count me in! I am 43 and could definitely use the encouragement and motivation! Please feel free to add me!
  • xxkookumxx
    Options
    I'm in! I lost 55 lbs four years ago and gained 40 of it back in one year. I lost and maintained my weight originally by working with my Mom who was a avid believer in Weight Watchers. So, with proper portions, healthy shopping and a ton of exercise, I went from 186 to 130 in about 18 months. My Mom passed away last January and I have clearly lost my mind! No more though! I am eating 1200 cals/day, journalling every morsel and brisk walk 3.5 mph for 60 every day. I am 46 years old, (post menopausal, I hope) and ready to get fit!
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    52 and finding it so hard to lose...add me!
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sure! Count me in if the plan is to support and motivate each other.
    If the plan is to complain about aging, I'm not interested.
    I'm 44
  • conrad97
    conrad97 Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in as well. I lost 30 pounds running 2 years ago with a friend of mine. I tried to roller blade with my duaghter, fell and tore my ACL. Now I have gained all my weight back in 6 months. My girlfriend has moved and having a hard time motivating myself to run again. Trying to diet hoping it will spark me to see some weight loss results.
  • kcalhoun7
    kcalhoun7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I'm 45 and have noticed it is harder to lose weight lately but I am determined to succeed.
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hello: I am a 51 yr. old female who has been on this program now for 17 days. I'm loving it!
    I started this at 191, and now I am 184.
    I want to lose 40 lbs. and now I have 33 lbs. to go.
    This calorie counting is really quite fun and interesting!
    I'm learning so much as I go.
    Interacting with others here is fun and really encouraging-Feel free to contact me anytime!
    I refuse to look back!
    My eyes are on my goal!
    Inside me is my inner champion and so is yours!
    Best Regards!
    anniegail1961
  • KimK2831
    KimK2831 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My name is Kim. I am 48 years old. Looking to be fit and active as long as possible. Trying to set realistic goals and need others to help me stay grounded.
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes 55 and trying to lose. I totally understand.
    How have you been doing lately.
    Feeling in a liitle slump and tryng hard to get out.
    Thanks for the motivation!!
    Please add me.

Lets get it going.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Me too! 43 and NOT going quietly! :laugh:
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I'm 48 and looking to get fit by 50 (and beyond). Currently doing JMBR, then planning to try out Turbo Jam, and of course working in the healthy eating, too. I love to share motivation.
  • lcorrell1
    lcorrell1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    50, perimenopausal and losing and gaining the same few pounds for several months and losing motivation!!!:cry:
  • jffrydale
    jffrydale Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    44 and time to do something about it...
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    43 - It's hard work, but doable :)
    MFP has the best calorie calculator I've found!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Another one for the group! 41 until June! :)
  • KellyJoDay
    Options
    add me too...48 until June 5
  • Denise8P
    Denise8P Posts: 23
    Options
    So many awesome ladies and gents in this thread :) I will be sending out some friend requests and would welcome any who'd like to add me to their MFP collection :D
  • Knittingthemoment
    Options
    48, and fighting chronic health issues that make it difficult to exercise consistently. Hormones are killing me. BUT I lost 55 pounds 8 years ago and I know I can take off 15 (which might as well be 50) if I have some encouragement and accountability. I refuse to give up. Count me in! :smile: