Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• cara6889
    cara6889 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 50 and until about 5 years ago I could eat ANYTHING And as much as I wanted a never gain a pound! I just want to be healthy and feel good about the way I look! I just got started 6/5/13.
  • jadeeat
    jadeeat Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jill and I'm 43 and I would l8very to share thighs with you. I think it helps. X
  • Annb65
    Annb65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    47 and want to be happy with the body I have, not good at the moment, just joined a gym today so starting a 3/4 days a week... Well aiming too :)
  • SherZano
    SherZano Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in!
  • Annb65
    Annb65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know!! I'm 50 in just over 2 years... Wow where do the years go.... :)
  • karlajotj
    karlajotj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Please count me in. I've lost 30 pounds, but haven't reached my goal yet. I struggle with the hormones as well. I'll turn 52 this year.
  • Loves2stitch
    Loves2stitch Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If its not to late count me in please :)
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear what the trainer has to say. I need some kind of motivation to exercise. I hate to exercise and need to hear something that will help me want to exercise. I do fine with counting calories. I have lost 50lbs since the first of the year and still have at least 15 - 20 to go. I have a feeling I will want to go a little more once I get there.
    Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • wendygjc
    wendygjc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    46 here feel free to count me in,
  • darlaasl
    darlaasl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    48 and loving it! Count me in! Please:smile:
  • taxevazion
    Options
    I had the 600 calorie salad from cracker barrel for lunch... no dressing... it was great!!
  • buckeyesml
    buckeyesml Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    definitely! we women especially lose weight at a slower rate after 40....ugh! experiencing this as we speak.
  • BanjosMama
    BanjosMama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    46 here and would love to be a part of this group!
  • naepal
    naepal Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, my name is Renee and I am 49 and I sometimes feel alone in this cause all my friends are either skinny or work. where as I work part time, like to ride my bike and walk for fitness. I would love to be in a support group cause I sure need it. I just started a diet of 1200 calories and am trying not to eat after supper. Thats usually when I grab the sweets so if I don't eat after dinner I won't be grabbing those sweets. We'll see:))
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    46. Ran my first 5k yesterday and doing ok
  • silverstarrlyte
    silverstarrlyte Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 41 and counting! Much harder to get rid of this fat stuff than when I was a younger version!!! :)
  • SHERIA7020
    SHERIA7020 Posts: 17
    Options
    You can count me in! I'm 46!:smile:
  • getfuzzyfan40
    getfuzzyfan40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI!, I am 48 and I am an Olympian Yoyo Dieter...I have gained and lost the same 70ish pounds roughly a dozen times. I know how to lose weight but I don't know how to maintain, I am a classic perfectionist, if I am going to do something I do it all the way...I don't park further from the door in the parking lot, I park in the next town over. So of course, when I can no longer maintain the over the top then I start to slip back into the "why bother"...not sure how to fix me, but here I am starting once again...and while I am in the "all the way" mode i can be a great motivator and companion to weight lose. So I would like to join the group to see where it will take me this time...
  • thinkitty2
    Options
    Hi. I'm a 50 year old female who is interested in finding meals that work. I am restricting my carb intake to only sprouted whole grains, but staying within my daily calorie allotment. Hubby (who is also 50) has no interest in losing weight or eating better, so although the processed crap is limited, it still makes it way into the pantry for his liking. I'm happy I found this blog, as I would love to not do this alone, ya know?